• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bdt91

Jun 7, 2018
North Myrtle Beach
✟7,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, i am new to this forum. For the past two weeks I have been dealing with intrusive thoughts that seems to like to repeat over and over. It started to intensify once I read about the unpardonable sin. Then the thoughts started to get worse. They became very blasphemous (evil about the Holy Spirit or equating God to the Devil). I would try my best to block them out without luck. Last night was my worst attack with me basically thinking what the Pharisees had said about Jesus over and over no matter how hard I tried to block it. I went to sleep feeling like I had committed the unpardonable sin. I am not as anxious as I have been which makes me wonder if God had given up on me (hard heart or reprobate mind). It is like I feel empty. I pray to God but I feel like it is not sincere. I ask him to not forsake me. Is it too late?

Last edited:

lexmhll

Conquerer through Him that loves us.
May 1, 2018
✟21,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi, nice to meet you!
Your situation is exactly what mine is, I suffer from thoughts like that too, some days are better than others.
One day I was literally convinced I had committed the unpardonable sin, it was miserable.
If you’re worried that you have, I’d say you haven’t. You would be completely unconcerned about it, basically you could commit sin after sin and could care less.
The unpardonable sin is rejecting God again and again, you feel the tug to come and repent your sins and start anew, but you reject it.
It’s not a passing thought, it’s not a word said in anger or weakness, it’s a persistent rejection to turn your life over to God and trust in Jesus.
Continue to pray and read your Bible, and ask the Savior to help you with these thoughts, because He will forgive you for every single one.
God bless, I hope one day both of us can overcome these evil thoughts, here’s a website that really helped me...
Why Christians suffer uncontrollable blasphemous thoughts. Help & hope

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Fear not dear daughter! This comes from the enemy and you are plagued with evil but it is all imputative and not real. Do not relent for a moment but understand that you should continue to eat well and sleep at a decent hour. Continue to read the word both day and night <staff edit>

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. ~Joshua 1:8

Let me give you a word which I asked God for because of this very thing! This is what he told me,

You rule the raging of the sea; when its waves rise, you still them. ~Psalm 89:9

Therefore look to God who is able to calm your storm and he will calm it. You are under spiritual attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: lexmhll
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,520.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i have autism just for the record.
That is from the devil! you are innocent you do not want to do that you are obviously being attacked pray to God for help, it doesn´t need to be good prayer just say: help me with this God. Insist on that. <staff edit>.
I have experienced the same thing and it was traumatic at that time.
And your prayers are sincere you do not need to feel it´s sincere you don´t want to do that horrible stuff and you are asking God for help. For sure it´s sincere.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,520.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am just so worried about how calm I am now. It feels like these thoughts don't bother me as much as they used to. Is this Gods way of trying to heal me and give me peace or am I really too far gone to where I don't care.

Don´t worry you are innocent of all of that just let the things calm down if it happens and put your attention in something better to do like something pleasant. If you like you can ask God ´God forvige me if i done something wrong and bless me <staff edit> or any prayer you want.

God is not surprised with all that is <staff edit>, seek God he is there for you and he says he is not going to abandon you.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello, i am new to this forum. For the past two weeks I have been dealing with intrusive thoughts that seems to like to repeat over and over. It started to intensify once I read about the unpardonable sin. Then the thoughts started to get worse. They became very blasphemous (evil about the Holy Spirit or equating God to the Devil). I would try my best to block them out without luck. Last night was my worst attack with me basically thinking what the Pharisees had said about Jesus over and over no matter how hard I tried to block it. I went to sleep feeling like I had committed the unpardonable sin. I am not as anxious as I have been which makes me wonder if God had given up on me (hard heart or reprobate mind). It is like I feel empty. I pray to God but I feel like it is not sincere. I ask him to not forsake me. Is it too late?

Unpardonable sin is rejecting Jesus Christ because it's the only one which can't be forgiven because you are saved by him .

Christian cannot commit any sin , your flesh can but you are not your flesh .
You could question your salvation instead .

Read Romans 10:9-10

Ephesians 2:8-9

Everlasting life would not be everlasting if you could lose it , it's that simple .

<staff edit>

If you want you can clean your thoughs by becomming born again if you did not yet become , prayer and fasting . By fasting I mean not skipping one meal but long one .

Cheers :bye:

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
No, it's not too late. Ignore those thoughts.

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
ADMIN HAT

Many posts in this thread have been edited to be in line with the Recovery guidelines. Recovery does not permit any types of posts of spiritual warfare or direction on spiritual warfare, and insinuating or stating that a person's mental health problems are demonic (possession, etc.) is not permitted.

Please review the guidelines if you are new to recovery or have forgotten them.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is CLASSIC OCD! I've had OCD for years, and have had so many themes, especially religious ones! I think I've even had this one although I'm starting to forget some of them. :) The short answer is that you did not commit the unpardonable sin, and being calm does not mean your heart is hardened. But because you have OCD, you may have trouble accepting the fact that you did not commit the unpardonable sin, because your brain wants you to be worried about it. I have so much more I could say but not a lot of time right now, so feel free to pm me for more info or ask more questions on here! Definitely check out these great resources:
http://ocdandchristianity.com/
Welcome

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Casey Harmon

Jun 5, 2018
South Carolina
✟18,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am in this SAME EXACT situation. I feel so empty and fake when I approach God and the thoughts just go over and over again. I find it hard now to even tell what is my real thoughts from these thoughts. Something that I have had people tell me is that this COULD be something called OCD-Scrupulosity.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,520.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was free of OCD...
i'm still obsesive about things maybe because of my autism but i can control it.
---in my case it was a spiritual problem <staff edit>--- so i would believe some other person may experience the same but well i cannot be 100% correct.
<staff edit>
Just my testimony.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am in this SAME EXACT situation. I feel so empty and fake when I approach God and the thoughts just go over and over again. I find it hard now to even tell what is my real thoughts from these thoughts. Something that I have had people tell me is that this COULD be something called OCD-Scrupulosity.
You very well could! Do you know much about scrupulosity? I've had it for many years so I'll give you more information if you'd like. It's really difficult to deal with, but there's lots of hope for living in victory over it!

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
<staff edit>
I agree that spiritual disciplines such as praying and fasting have a place in a Christian's life, but to a person with OCD, hearing this type of message can be extremely detrimental. Mental illness does not necessarily mean the person is being attacked or is suffering due to spiritual causes. Please be careful how you address issues of mental illness, keeping in mind that people with OCD are already over-sensitive to the idea that they might be spiritually deficient.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bucknut200232

Aug 31, 2018
Kettering
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am really glad I found these discussions. I am mentally exhausted from all the obsessive thoughts that I have. It feels like it is almost constant. I also have blasphemous and sick thoughts which I am terribly ashamed of and it has had me questioning why God would love me. What kinds of thoughts are those for someone who loves God? My only hope that I cling to is that God understands what I am going through and still loves me. I am just wiped out from all the obsessing.

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am really glad I found these discussions. I am mentally exhausted from all the obsessive thoughts that I have. It feels like it is almost constant. I also have blasphemous and sick thoughts which I am terribly ashamed of and it has had me questioning why God would love me. What kinds of thoughts are those for someone who loves God? My only hope that I cling to is that God understands what I am going through and still loves me. I am just wiped out from all the obsessing.
I know how you feel, Jesus Christ loves you very very much. If you ever need to talk you can message me. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's SO hard to go through, but those intrusive thoughts are the nature of OCD. It's because we hate the thoughts so that the OCD keeps sending them - because it knows it can get a reaction out of us. :) "Normal" people get these types of thoughts too, but since their "processing filter" is working normally, they think, "Oh, that's weird and a little disturbing. But it's not me." They are able to move on with their lives, whereas those of us with OCD start freaking out and hyper-analyzing the thoughts, distraught to think that we might be "terrible" people. OCD is awful but it's possible to learn to control it by learning to ignore the thoughts and treat them as meaningless via methods such as ERP. Keep reaching out for help on here as you need it!!

Upvote 0

Bucknut200232

Aug 31, 2018
Kettering
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you both for your replies. I don't have these thoughts all the time but it seems like when I do, I get like stuck in a rut and it is all I think about. I won't go into the details of the thoughts as it is a source of shame for me but I realize they are possibly not that different from somebody else's based on what I have read in these forums. I haven't had any treatment for my OCD but I am going to look into the ERP that you mentioned, Mari. Any advice that you guys have for me is much appreciated. One place that I have these thoughts at a lot it seems is at work. I work in a somewhat stressful job so I don't know if that is a factor. I try to focus on God but that leads to the blasphemous thoughts. It's like they come into my head out of nowhere and I know that they are not how I really feel. Well, talk to you guys later. Thanks again for replying.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you both for your replies. I don't have these thoughts all the time but it seems like when I do, I get like stuck in a rut and it is all I think about. I won't go into the details of the thoughts as it is a source of shame for me but I realize they are possibly not that different from somebody else's based on what I have read in these forums. I haven't had any treatment for my OCD but I am going to look into the ERP that you mentioned, Mari. Any advice that you guys have for me is much appreciated. One place that I have these thoughts at a lot it seems is at work. I work in a somewhat stressful job so I don't know if that is a factor. I try to focus on God but that leads to the blasphemous thoughts. It's like they come into my head out of nowhere and I know that they are not how I really feel. Well, talk to you guys later. Thanks again for replying.
With OCD, how you treat the thoughts is the key to dealing with your OCD. If you freak out and do your compulsions/rituals ("cancelling" the thought, asking forgiveness, ruminating, etc.) then your brain just keeps sending more of them. The important thing is to recognize that they're meaningless crap your brain is throwing at you, and treat them as such. Be super casual - when your brain sends you a terrible thought, say, "Oh, yeah, OCD, you're trying to make me scared. But whatever. I know I don't mean the thought, even if you're trying to make me feel like I do. I'm moving on with my life." This is SO hard to do, because we always feel like maybe we actually DO want the thought. That doesn't matter. Just keep plunging ahead with your daily life, letting your brain send whatever thoughts it wants. It doesn't mean you're agreeing with them, just that you're recognizing them for what they are - weird distractions that your brain is throwing at you. Refuse to get distracted. Refuse to do your compulsions. This will make your anxiety higher, and your OCD will try to force you to do compulsions. Keep ignoring it, and letting yourself be anxious. It's OK to be anxious. You don't HAVE to do your compulsions. You can suffer some short-term pain - regardless of what your OCD is telling you. In the end, it will lead to long-term gains, because your brain will recognize that YOU are in control again and that you don't have to jump just because OCD says, "Jump." I could go on about this stuff forever, but I'll stop for now. :) Definitely keep researching OCD and especially ERP therapy, and keep asking questions on here. I'll also post links to a few favorite resources of mine. And if you'd like to join a FB support group for anxiety disorders that I'm a part of, let me know and I'll give you the info.
https://www.ocdonline.com/
http://ocdandchristianity.com/ (The blog posts are great!)
http://noiseinyourhead.com/free-video-series/ (At least watch #3-6, if not the entire set!)
https://jackieleasommers.com/ocd-posts/

Upvote 0