• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD and the Unforgivable Sin

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What and Who saved you?
Is the person who sacrificed everything in order to save you weaker than evil spirits/demons etc?

If someone gives up everything for you are they going to easily let you go?

I'll answer those questions for you.
Jesus said, Those whom My Father has given to me. I hold in my hand and NOONE can snatch them out of my hand.

use biblegateway to look it upo and learn it.

Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep hearing that. But some places say after you say it, you're done.
Interesting. I've always thought that a person could still have a change of heart after rejecting Him. Take Saul/ Paul for instance. As Saul, he completely rejected the idea of Jesus and was killing believers. After he converted, he started churches and brought many people to Christ.
Or even Peter, since he claimed 3 times not to know Jesus. He was still forgiven and loved.

If you love Jesus and accept Him, no matter who you were before you chose Him (like Paul), He will welcome you in. Even if during your walk with Him you turn away or say/ think things you wish you hadn't (like Peter), He will still forgive when you come back to Him and choose to leave those sins in the past.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hey DeerGlow. Been reading some of your posts. I'd love to talk sometime. It helps knowing I'm not alone in this.

I've recognised a few other semi-regular stressors. You're not alone at all. :hug:

Upvote 0

Thiago Cossi

Oct 19, 2018
Boston
✟15,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know there are tons of posts here on this topic, but here's yet another one. I should probably start by saying I have never been diagnosed with OCD as I have never sought treatment; however, I tend to get a thought stuck in my head and it plays on repeat. Earlier this year I was convinced I had cancer because I had a bump on my neck. I worried for months. Then I remembered my senior year of high school I ran a cross country meet and my bib number was 666, so I was convinced I was going to hell for taking the mark of the beast. Then I was reading my Bible about the unpardonable sin and the Pharisees words were the ones my mind decided to fixate on. Now I can't get rid of the blasphemous thoughts. I think I may have even spoken them under my breath. I'm pretty sure I've blown my chance at eternal life....

Hello AlwaysAnxious. I'm only reading this post now, so I truly truly hope everything is well with you by now. Just in case anyone knows anyone who is struggling with the same problem here is a video to shed some light into this apparently common problem.
May God bless all of you :)

Upvote 0

GodServant777

Jan 3, 2019
Florida
✟7,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No you did not!!! That IS the enemy attacking you and you are letting him win! Get on your knees and cry to jesus. We are in the pre-tribulation NOW!!! If you do not know this then you NEED to cry out to jesus to show you and he will. We are under heavy spirtual attack right now because of where we are. You have to cry out to him. Dilverance and warfare prayers to release these attacks and have him fight for you. I promise the spirt is as in the days when jesus came and the demonds are on.the days of Noah. Please do this and you will see! Do NOT let the enemy steal what is yours! Shalom brothers and sisters please pray as the birthing pains are about to get stronger in.this battle. Lets fight the enemy together! In jesus name amen

Upvote 0

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I know there are tons of posts here on this topic, but here's yet another one. I should probably start by saying I have never been diagnosed with OCD as I have never sought treatment; however, I tend to get a thought stuck in my head and it plays on repeat. Earlier this year I was convinced I had cancer because I had a bump on my neck. I worried for months. Then I remembered my senior year of high school I ran a cross country meet and my bib number was 666, so I was convinced I was going to hell for taking the mark of the beast. Then I was reading my Bible about the unpardonable sin and the Pharisees words were the ones my mind decided to fixate on. Now I can't get rid of the blasphemous thoughts. I think I may have even spoken them under my breath. I'm pretty sure I've blown my chance at eternal life....
I want to give you hope today! I have been exactly where you are! I have struggled with these thoughts. They hit like a storm in May 2017. I had such severe anxiety, and constant panic attacks. It got to the point where I had an episode of depersonalization and felt myself lift up from my body. I am here to tell you that you can overcome your storm through the power of Christ. He loves you, cares for you, and knows exactly what you are going through. Hold on to him, even when you can't see!

I would have like to tell you that my problem went away immediately, but it has not. I still have days where I struggle with these thoughts and feelings of unworthiness, but I know that these thoughts are not me. As a result of my depersonalization I lost the ability to feel emotions when experiencing these thoughts. It was like my emotions were wrapped in cotton, but I can tell you that the Lord is with me, and he is surely with you also! He will be found when we seek him with our whole hearts!

I had a breakthrough this morning, and I heard, "trust me". I will trust him when I am blind. I know he is my hope, my salvation, and my future. He is your hope, your salvation, and your future. Jesus will see you through! Hang on, when you can't see, can't feel, and are bombarded with horrendous thoughts. He is there in the storm. Even though the storm might not go away immediately he is there. We can hope in the storm. Hang on to the hem of His robe in faith, fight the good fight, He is there on the other side.

No matter how you feel, never give up and keep pressing in. He is there!! Through him we can overcome all things. On this side of heaven we may might not understand everything, but I believe for me this has broken down barriers. This allows us to have a faith that has overcome mighty battles. We can overcome all things through the blood of Christ. Jesus LOVES YOU!!! Never give up my dear friend! I will be praying for you.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

John 6:37
All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

Ephesians 6:12
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10
7So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations,aa thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.8Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

John 16:33
I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world."

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 3:20
for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Matthew 8:23-27
23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!” 26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. 27 The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

Upvote 0

Honey111

Mar 10, 2019
Richmond
✟17,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to give you hope today! I have been exactly where you are! I have struggled with these thoughts. They hit like a storm in May 2017. I had such severe anxiety, and constant panic attacks. It got to the point where I had an episode of depersonalization and felt myself lift up from my body. I am here to tell you that you can overcome your storm through the power of Christ. He loves you, cares for you, and knows exactly what you are going through. Hold on to him, even when you can't see!

I would have like to tell you that my problem went away immediately, but it has not. I still have days where I struggle with these thoughts and feelings of unworthiness, but I know that these thoughts are not me. As a result of my depersonalization I lost the ability to feel emotions when experiencing these thoughts. It was like my emotions were wrapped in cotton, but I can tell you that the Lord is with me, and he is surely with you also! He will be found when we seek him with our whole hearts!

I had a breakthrough this morning, and I heard, "trust me". I will trust him when I am blind. I know he is my hope, my salvation, and my future. He is your hope, your salvation, and your future. Jesus will see you through! Hang on, when you can't see, can't feel, and are bombarded with horrendous thoughts. He is there in the storm. Even though the storm might not go away immediately he is there. We can hope in the storm. Hang on to the hem of His robe in faith, fight the good fight, He is there on the other side.

No matter how you feel, never give up and keep pressing in. He is there!! Through him we can overcome all things. On this side of heaven we may might not understand everything, but I believe for me this has broken down barriers. This allows us to have a faith that has overcome mighty battles. We can overcome all things through the blood of Christ. Jesus LOVES YOU!!! Never give up my dear friend! I will be praying for you.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

John 6:37
All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

Ephesians 6:12
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10
7So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations,aa thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.8Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

John 16:33
I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world."

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 3:20
for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Matthew 8:23-27
23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!” 26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. 27 The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”
I’m going thru the emotional numbness from intruvise thoughts and blasphemy can u help me

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m going thru the emotional numbness from intruvise thoughts and blasphemy can u help me
I'm so sorry to hear you've been struggling! Have you been able to get any professional help for your OCD/scrupulosity? Or any other kind of support?

Upvote 0

Ryosuke

Jan 7, 2021
Beirut
✟12,146.00
Country
Lebanon
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep hearing that. But some places say after you say it, you're done.
I know this is after years of your post , but I want to personally say that I'm in your skin at the moment exactly what is happening to me , may i ask how are you feeling at the moment ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums