• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Occupation ?

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Oblio, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    What kind of art do you do?

2. Orthocat

Orthocat Veteran

+129
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I am a National Arbitration Coordinator for an insurance company and Arbitration judge.
    And a foster parent.
    And a biological parent.
    And a biker.

3. joyfulthanks

joyfulthanks The long day is over. Praise the Lord!

+295
    Lutheran
    Married
    At the moment, I'm homeschooling a friend's sixteen-year old daughter. I have no idea what I'll be doing after May, when my student will be finished-up here and will begin attending public school (God willing).

-Grace

4. Spyridon

Spyridon Member

+13
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    CAD operator at an architectural firm.

5. Monica child of God 1

Monica child of God 1 strives to live eschatologically

+670
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Office manager/receptionist. I go to university part time, studying social work.

6. Mary of Bethany

Mary of Bethany Only one thing is needful. Supporter

+991
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Associate Financial Rep/administrative assistant type, for my f-i-l in an insurance agency. For 24 years.

Mary

7. Padraig

Padraig Regular Member

+32
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Deacon / Student

Slainté

8. gzt

gzt The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years

+1,732
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    aspiring quaestuary, hobo.

9. EricTheRed

EricTheRed Mercurius

+87
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    Junior in High School/ Viking Warlord

10. elizabethevangeline

elizabethevangeline Veteran

+62
    Christian
    Married
    Mom of 2 boys, homemaker, keeper of my grandfather, and I'm employed PT at a state university as a program assistant (office assistant).

11. gorion

gorion Sinner

+36
    Eastern Orthodox
    Real Estate Broker

12. ThePilgrim

ThePilgrim Veteran

+168
    Eastern Orthodox
    Student. Possibly a seminarian next year, although I'm still not sure on that.

13. Nickolai

Nickolai Eastern Orthodox Priest

+155
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Seminarian. And no, that doesn't mean I know anything. :)

14. rainbowbright

rainbowbright Veteran

+80
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    SAHM to four but soon to be nursing student

15. Eusebios

Eusebios Create in me a clean heart O God!

+196
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Full time meat cutter, part time University student pursuing BAs in History and Poli-Sci.

16. ByzantineDixie

ByzantineDixie Handmaid of God, Mary

+143
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Alright...this job seems the best of what I have read so far...at least I am thinking it beats what I do. Where do I send my CV? ;)

17. InnerPhyre

InnerPhyre Well-Known Member

+1,409
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Account manager for an advertising firm. I tell people what to do and make sure our clients are happy.

18. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Seminarian or cemeterian? :D

19. Kripost

Kripost Senior Veteran

+82
    Catholic
    Single
    I was a programmer, now, a system administrator.

20. ufonium2

ufonium2 Seriously, stop killing kids.

+376
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    I once heard a comedian say that you can can tell that you have a bad job if it takes more than a couple of words to tell someone what you do:D

But really I think it's all a matter of giving yourself a snazzy title. For instance, when my boss asked me what my husband does, I said, "He works for [major internet bookseller]. He makes sure the books in the warehouse are stored in a way that makes sense." And my boss replied, "So he's an industrial librarian."

I was on a boat once in Alaska, and this lady came up and asked me some really specific question about sea lions. So I stared at her blankly for several seconds. She said, "Well, you're the naturalist, aren't you?" and I'm like, "No, I'm the musicologist." I had borrowed some good rain gear from a fisherman friend for the day, so I guess I looked like I knew stuff. I'll have to remember that trick for future job interviews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.