• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Occupation ?

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Oblio, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oblio

Oblio Creed or Chaos

+830
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    What's yours ? Employed, student, or at home work as a parent etc.

I'm a software engineer specializing in embedded system programming and system design.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. kamikat

kamikat my love is bigger than a cadillac

+332
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Stay-at-home mom!

3. DavidBryan

DavidBryan El indigno siervo de Dios, el lector David

+30
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Democrat
    High school Spanish teacher

4. E.C.

E.C. Well-Known Member

+883
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    High school student.

5. Matrona

Matrona Lady Godiva Freedom Rider

+199
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    sicksth yeer yunivercitee st00dint. ;)

6. Flame

Flame Junior Member

+4
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Superintendent of field operations for an Oil and Gas Exploration company.

7. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant Well-Known Member

+203
    United Kingdom
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    First Year University Student, reading Theology for a Bachelor's

8. NyssaTheHobbit

NyssaTheHobbit Orthodox Christian (chrismation date 1/10/09)

+56
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Stay-at-home mother and writer of novels.

9. eoe

eoe Guest

+0
    the wife and I own a mortgage brokerage but I am trying to go back into technology

10. MariaRegina

MariaRegina Well-Known Member

+12,119
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    AP instructor and tutor at the university and community college level in phonetics, pronunciation and English as a Second Language.

11. Kristos

Kristos Servant

+780
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Mechanical Engineer

12. choirfiend

choirfiend Senior Veteran Supporter

+498
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Music educator and part time barista;)

13. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Quality Assurance Inspector in a pipe mill, and iconographer.

14. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    This almost reminds me of the "what is your name? what is your quest? what is your favorite color?" thread I started a year or so ago!

15. Knowledge3

Knowledge3 Well-Known Member

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Unemployed, entirely devoted to 6 years biblical study of patristic theology, Bible(s)
    ,ECF's and exegetical study of Holy Scripture. And about Holy Tradition since my descision to convert to Orthodoxy. :priest:

16. nikostheater

nikostheater Regular Member

+26
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I have a small cafe in the village i am staying..

17. Brushstroke

Brushstroke Veteran

+95
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Student in my senior year of high school. I also work part-time at a retirement home.

18. ByzantineDixie

ByzantineDixie Handmaid of God, Mary

+143
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I am a chemist by education but work in Corporate Quality (QA and QC) for one of the largest animal health companies worldwide. Puppy uppers and doggie downers as my husband teases....;)

19. seashale76

seashale76 Orthodox Christian and Unapologetic Iconodule

+3,991
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Middle School Social Studies teacher

20. Oblio

Oblio Creed or Chaos

+830
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    I remember many years ago, watching the Frugal Gourmet (a US cooking show staring Jeff Smith) document his adventures in Greece. He mentioned that if you were ever in Delphi to visit Nick's Cafe and what a wonderul time he had. I thought, yeah, right, next time I am in Delphi :D . Having forgotten that, many years later I was walking down the streets of Delphi (on a cruise/tour) and who should I stumble upon ... Nick :) We had a wonderful time :yum:

True story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.