Obsessive thoughts

Leonardo164

Feb 12, 2012
✟15,123.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So i have obsessive thoughts about God and religion,that means that i think about God and the Holy Spirit in(let's just say) less than ideal circumstances.I dont want to think these thoughts but i cant help it, they are obsessive and wont leave me alone.I hate myself for it,but always pray for mercy after these thoughts.The question is ,will God forgive me or i just commited the unforgivable sin against the Holy Spirit??

DMMullinax

I could live in hope
Sep 11, 2007
North Carolina
✟15,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can't commit the unforgivable sin and be asking God for forgiveness. The unforgivable sin is blaspheming the Holy Spirit by rejecting Him. If you reject that call and reject Christ as your savior you obviously can't get forgiveness because Jesus is our only way to forgiveness. So no, I don't think you did that. It's not really something you can accidentally stumble on. It's just logic that it's the one unforgivable sin because you are rejecting that which you reach forgiveness through. All else is forgivable because Christ gives forgiveness, but if you reject Christ you can't have forgiveness for that. Get it? I doesn't sound like you've done that, because it sounds like you are a Christian and have a personal relationship with Jesus. So don't worry! But pray about those thoughts and ask God to remove negative thoughts about Him and just stay in the Word. My best advice :)

Upvote 0

LittleDaughter

In love with Jesus :3
Feb 29, 2012
✟7,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Alright Leonardo,

I know exactly what your going through, I went through it myself for years and in a way I am still going through it. Since I don't believe that as a young woman of god it is my place to teach anybody and since my victory in this area is still fairly new I'm not going to give you anything specific BUT I am going to share with you my testimony and my walk with god as it stands.

I will start with saying that these thoughts started fairly young and though I remember a time when they did not exist(the memory brings tears of joy to my eyes) I could not say exactly when they started only that at first they were "annoying" then they became "frightening" and at the end "eternally condemning". For awhile I walked with such a burden of grief that I often found myself on my knees begging god to at least take away the thoughts since I was already lost. Then it hit me. "I was still fighting these thoughts!" There was still something pushing me, something that was still trying to "drive me" across some invisible barrier that I had not yet crossed. I began truly searching the scriptures and what I found there brought peace and love, not the condemnation I expected to find.
I found out who I was in christ jesus was a very different person from what these "compulsive thoughts" said I was.
I started standing in who these scriptures said I was, who I was in Christ Jesus, and the promises he made to those who are his children. The second I started standing in these scriptures and in the truth the enemy and his thoughts fled from me. Sure, I still have times were I stop standing in perfect faith and submission to god and I will tell you that those are the only times I become a victim to these thoughts. All other times, I am perfectly free and perfectly in love with god. If anything this very struggle has brought me closer to god than I have ever been before.

All I can say Leonardo is PLEASE don't give up hope. I have faith that once you start really digging into the word of god you will find the truth on this matter ;) (oh and please, find a teacher you can trust, someone who you know has the love of god in their hearts and the good of others at heart)

Sending hopeful prayers your way,

LittleDaughter

Upvote 0