• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

EtainSkirata

Mar 9, 2020
Nowhere
✟46,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep posting in here; I AM seeing a therapist but I haven't told her about this. But I've been feeling like I'm falling out of love with my boyfriend. I DO NOT LIKE this feeling. I want it to go away. Lately I've been WANTING to say "I love you," but I can't say it if it's not true.

It's dumb; I want to spend time with him, I want to do better at being a good girlfriend and caring for him, I like being around him, he's smart and funny and kind and just amazing. But this FEELING is driving me nuts! "I love you" keeps popping up as something I want to say to him, but then I second guess it, and don't say it.

Is WANTING to love him enough for me to say it? Am I just over thinking the concept of love (probably)?

Reactions: aspieChris

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I keep posting in here; I AM seeing a therapist but I haven't told her about this. But I've been feeling like I'm falling out of love with my boyfriend. I DO NOT LIKE this feeling. I want it to go away. Lately I've been WANTING to say "I love you," but I can't say it if it's not true.

It's dumb; I want to spend time with him, I want to do better at being a good girlfriend and caring for him, I like being around him, he's smart and funny and kind and just amazing. But this FEELING is driving me nuts! "I love you" keeps popping up as something I want to say to him, but then I second guess it, and don't say it.

Is WANTING to love him enough for me to say it? Am I just over thinking the concept of love (probably)?

weird as it sounds, it is very possible to love someone but not like them

Reactions: aspieChris
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This sounds like another spinoff of your "I must be totally honest with my boyfriend" obsession. And maybe morphing into relationship OCD (ROCD)?

Upvote 0

subtlecollision

Feb 8, 2020
Wisconsin
✟31,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It's hard to know if it's truly because you don't love him... but then again, if this is a new thing that popped up and you have OCD, then maybe it is relationship/confession OCD. It sounds like the OCD thought is saying "how do I know 100% for certain that I love my boyfriend?" Is it that fear that's bothering you or are you starting to realize things that are making you dislike your boyfriend?

Upvote 0

John Owen

Sep 23, 2022
Minneapolis
✟14,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Love is a word that includes both the will and emotions. First you have emotional feelings, then you make a decision of the will to do something for that person that shows your love. Then you get to know them and see that they have bad breath or they are late or they like Star Wars or some irritating thing. You have to look at the person, their life, character, maturity and decide, do I want to spend the rest of my life with this person. Then you make the commitment. Then think about the marriage vows. You vow to love them among other things. And you do that because you will, I promise you, have days that they absolutely drive you up a wall. Hollywood presents this " we fell in love and have never argued" kind of love that is fake. God will give you the ability to love them even if they wrong you, which they will.

Upvote 0