Objective moral disorder contaminates classics.

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Can we get back to the serious topic at hand ? I say we start here and now ! We can can form neighborhood vigilante groups, and ferret out all the evil Homosexuals among us. hen and only then, can we in unity march on Hollywood and forever smash the Gay Mafia. Onward !! are you with me ?

LOL ever have your face turn red, because your ashamed at your fellow humans ?

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
in the Victorian era? sorry i can only be as informed as what i can find on google :sorry:
The sin of Victorian England was hypocrisy. They understood the difference between right and wrong, and sinned in the dark.
In the repaganizaton of the West, hypocrisy is not even possible. Sexual sin is not possible.

Sexual excess is a pagan value. Controlling one's desires is repression and unnatural.

There is no shame in sexual sin in Paganism. There is great shame in being in anyways associated with those who speak against it.

Is that not why people are hiding their faces, so as not to be seen to be associated with those who speak out against sexual sin?

Or is really just a game of peek-a-boo?.....

......not that there is anything wrong with that....

Upvote 0

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really, they aren't trying to convince adults so much as children. Of course, this makes sense only if you're convinced that there is no choice, and there is no sexual morality... that promiscuity is everyone's right, and really, almost a duty contingent upon growing up, especially if you intend to get married. It makes them feel better about their abortions, broken hearts, contingent lost months of depression, emotional regression, difficulty committing, their emotional callousness, etc... Further, they feel that Christians are judging rather than forgiving. This is because if they admitted to themselves that rationally, and often backed up by statistics, have not only a case, but are correct, then they would have to feel bad and accept forgiveness for activities that hurt them that they prefer. This includes greed and lust, of course, on the one hand, but also a sense of entitlement.

And, of course, anyone who disagrees is labeled racist or something as a shaming tactic.

The government becomes "mine" but not theirs, because they're 'racist." (see that on both sides)...

Today's liberty means the government has to hold your hand no matter how harmful what you do is to yourself or society.

And today's tolerance means that the government needs to legislate things like speech, so that no one might feel a little bit offended.

Which is far from the liberty of speech, and the tolerance of the law toward harmful behaviour.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gwendolyn
Upvote 0

longhair75

Searching once more
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2004
omaha
✟157,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by SolomonVII View Post

He wasn't a priest, so that makes his kiddie diddling okay.

Oscar Wilde was openly homosexual and was tried and sentenced to two years at hard labor for "gross indecencies with other men" but I have never heard even an unfounded rumor that he engaged in pedophilia.

I will refrain from commenting on clergy pedophilia.......

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Oscar Wilde was openly homosexual and was tried and sentenced to two years at hard labor for "gross indecencies with other men" but I have never heard even an unfounded rumor that he engaged in pedophilia.

Technically speaking, the priest were mainly pederasts too.
Not a lot different that much of the street homosexuality today.

But he is not a priest, so that makes it "okay" for many, now that society has pretty well become repaganized into the 'Socratic' traditions of old.
The behavior is no longer shameful; there are plenty of Wilde apolgists out there. (It doesn't take long for them to make their arguments, here there and everywhere, does it).
What is sinful in the neopaganism is the hypocricy, and what is shameful is being in any way associated with those who take the stance that makes the hypcricy possible.

From Wikipedia:
Though Wilde's sexual orientation has variously been considered bisexual and homosexual, Wilde himself felt he belonged to a culture of male love inspired by the Greek paederastic tradition.[15] In describing his own sexual identity, Wilde used the term Socratic.[16] He had significant sexual relationships with (in chronological order) Frank Miles, Constance Lloyd (Wilde's wife), Robbie Ross, and Lord Alfred Douglas (known as "Bosie"). Wilde also had numerous sexual encounters withworking-class male youths, who were often male prostitutes.
Some biographers believe Wilde was made fully aware of his own and others' homosexuality in 1885 (the year after his wedding) by the 17-year-old Robbie Ross. Neil McKenna's biography The Secret Life of Oscar Wilde (2003) theorises that Wilde was aware of his homosexuality much earlier, from the moment of his first kiss with another boy at the age of 16. According to McKenna, after arriving at Oxford in 1874, Wilde tentatively explored his sexuality, discovering that he could feel passionate romantic love for "fair, slim" choirboys, but was more sexually drawn towards the swarthy young rough trade.

Upvote 0

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The sin of Victorian England was hypocrisy. They understood the difference between right and wrong, and sinned in the dark.
In the repaganizaton of the West, hypocrisy is not even possible. Sexual sin is not possible.

Sexual excess is a pagan value. Controlling one's desires is repression and unnatural.

There is no shame in sexual sin in Paganism. There is great shame in being in anyways associated with those who speak against it.

Is that not why people are hiding their faces, so as not to be seen to be associated with those who speak out against sexual sin?

Or is really just a game of peek-a-boo?.....

......not that there is anything wrong with that....

But the Gay parades in Victoria England must have been pretty great affairs, right?

you still haven't clarified for me if you meant that there were gay parades in the victorian era in England?

and how is sexual sin not possible? are you saying it's relative?

longhair75...
but I have never heard even an unfounded rumor that he engaged in pedophilia.

Wilde was already preoccupied with the philosophy of same-sex love, and had befriended a group of Uranian (pederastic) poets and homosexual law reformers....

....Soon, Wilde entered a world of regular sex with youths such as servants and newsboys, in their mid to late teens,... ...In his public writings, Wilde's first celebration of romantic love between men and boys can be found in "The Portrait of Mr. W. H." (1889)...
Oscar Wilde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
you still haven't clarified for me if you meant that there were gay parades in the victorian era in England?
You were actually waiting for clarifcation??!!:o
It was tongue in cheek, Enigma.
....as if to think that the immorality of the Victorian age compares to our own society.^_^
and how is sexual sin not possible? are you saying it's relative?
I am saying that in a (our) pagan society, there is no longer such concept as sexual sin. It is a remnant belief maintained only by those still clinging to their religion, or still so influenced.
From a Christian point of view, sexual sin is absolute. From the post-Christian re-paganized society that we find ourselves in, sexual sin is no longer believed in.
Ergo, the greatest sin becomes hypocrisy.
Ergo Victorian society is worse(again from the pagan point of view), for it was rife with the hypocrisy of believers giving into their desires in dark alleys and brothels. Hypocrisy is the only sin that people can all get self-righteous about now. Again I am talking about pagan post-Christian society.

Sexual sin was not something to have a parade over in Victorian society. Now it is. The two societies are very different then.
You debunked the same thing with facts.

I though that this would have been self-evident in what I have been posting here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

The Anglican Church got especially hard hit on that in Canada, on account of the residential schools.
Is there much discussion of that kind of things in Anglican circles, or are they just more inclined to pedo/pederasts are just a Catholic kind of thing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

longhair75

Searching once more
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2004
omaha
✟157,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Friend Solomon

I am Episcopal, so I have almost no knowledge of the Anglican Church in Canada. I have never heard anyone say, nor have I ever said, that Clergy pedophilia/pederasty/sexual abuse is restricted to the Catholic Church.

Upvote 0

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You were actually waiting for clarifcation??!!:o
It was tongue in cheek, Enigma.
....as if to think that the immorality of the Victorian age compares to our own society.^_^
I am saying that in a (our) pagan society, there is no longer such concept as sexual sin. It is a remnant belief maintained only by those still clinging to their religion, or still so influenced.
From a Christian point of view, sexual sin is absolute. From the post-Christian re-paganized society that we find ourselves in, sexual sin is no longer believed in.
Ergo, the greatest sin becomes hypocrisy.
Ergo Victorian society is worse(again from the pagan point of view), for it was rife with the hypocrisy of believers giving into their desires in dark alleys and brothels. Hypocrisy is the only sin that people can all get self-righteous about now. Again I am talking about pagan post-Christian society.

Sexual sin was not something to have a parade over in Victorian society. Now it is. The two societies are very different then.
You debunked the same thing with facts.

I though that this would have been self-evident in what I have been posting here.

aaaah, i missed the tongue in cheek effect. i thought you were saying the victorian era was just as bad or even worst. i guess i get confused easily :sorry:

on the positive side, i learned a bit of history in the process :)

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Friend Solomon

I am Episcopal, so I have almost no knowledge of the Anglican Church in Canada. I have never heard anyone say, nor have I ever said, that Clergy pedophilia/pederasty/sexual abuse is restricted to the Catholic Church.
Exactly.
When it comes to knowledge, it is pretty one-sided.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Back on topic -

I changed my mind.

I watched Stardust yesterday.

Robert DeNiro.

In drag.

Dear God,

what is happening to the world?
Supply and demand. Market dynamics are always with us. Now that so many so-called women refrain from acting with even a modicum of the feminine civility of old, plenty of liberal men have no qualms about filling that void. No doubt their feminist wives even encourage such behavior. They are the ones that like to wear the pants in the family after all. A whole generation of girls have been raised without a clue of what being feminine even is any more, and it really, really shows.

Now wonder so many men have turned gay. In a culture gone liberal, the only liberals capable of expressing any inkling of femininity these days are as often as not gay guys.
Femininity certainly is never evident in any woman from the left, forever competing to be more manly than the males of the species.

Not that males are always that put off with women competing with them to see who can get laid the most. A single night stand with such women is tolerable for sure for a large proportion of young men.
Although one certainly can note that the most successful men at this game often get repulsed from such a lifestyle soon enough.
And who can blame them? The bath house culture has about as much to offer in terms of any kind of emotional satisfaction as what can be had from the manly girls.

And don't all the liberal women just bare their teeth when a conservative woman with the vibrant feminine sexuality typical of such women comes into view??!!!
But who can blame them really?? It must be difficult being so masculine and trapped inside a woman's body. A Robert de Niro no doubt knows more about acting like a real woman than they ever will, enough to make such man-girls green with envy for sure.

Robert de Niro no doubt has the stuff to make a fine wife, real competition for those women who have forgotten what feminine charms are all about.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Supply and demand. Market dynamics are always with us. Now that so many so-called women refrain from acting with even a modicum of the feminine civility of old, plenty of liberal men have no qualms about filling that void. No doubt their feminist wives even encourage such behavior. They are the ones that like to wear the pants in the family after all. A whole generation of girls have been raised without a clue of what being feminine even is any more, and it really, really shows.

Now wonder so many men have turned gay. In a culture gone liberal, the only liberals capable of expressing any inkling of femininity these days are as often as not gay guys.
Femininity certainly is never evident in any woman from the left, forever competing to be more manly than the males of the species.

Not that males are always that put off with women competing with them to see who can get laid the most. A single night stand with such women is tolerable for sure for a large proportion of young men.
Although one certainly can note that the most successful men at this game often get repulsed from such a lifestyle soon enough.
And who can blame them? The bath house culture has about as much to offer in terms of any kind of emotional satisfaction as what can be had from the manly girls.

And don't all the liberal women just bare their teeth when a conservative woman with the vibrant feminine sexuality typical of such women comes into view??!!!
But who can blame them really?? It must be difficult being so masculine and trapped inside a woman's body. A Robert de Niro no doubt knows more about acting like a real woman than they ever will, enough to make such man-girls green with envy for sure.

Robert de Niro no doubt has the stuff to make a fine wife, real competition for those women who have forgotten what feminine charms are all about.

Meh.

What I actually meant was that DeNiro was the least convincing female impersonator since Tarzan went through Jane's handbag and ate her lipstick.

Reps to anyone who can tell me where I stole that from.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Meh.

What I actually meant was that DeNiro was the least convincing female impersonator since Tarzan went through Jane's handbag and ate her lipstick.

Reps to anyone who can tell me where I stole that from.

i put my bid on George of the jungle

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Couldn't pass this up.

Papal facepalm.

pope_facepalm.jpg

Reactions: Gwendolyn
Upvote 0