Objective moral disorder contaminates classics.

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Catholic Church holds in its theology that homosexuality is an objective moral disorder because it inclines one to sin.

And as a Catholic, I follow the teachings of the Church which in this day and age opens those who follow the moral teachings to attack to those who deny truth.

I mentioned awhile back watching the remake of the Poseidon Adeventure. In the original movie the main character is a Christian minister who leads a group trapped in a sunken ship through a series of adventures encouraging others through his faith that not trying to survive is not part of God's plan.

In the remake, the minister is replaced by a gay man who makes things mighty depressing because of his down in the mouth heart break with his same sex partner. :mad: The entire message of the orinal works (novel and first movie) were destroyed.

Now, I just finished watching In a Dark Place which is another film adaption of Henry James's Turn of the Screw. Okay, I have read the story and seen The Innocents and Masterpiece Theatre's Turn of the Screw as well as other adaptions of the famous story. In every adaption Mrs Grose is an elderly plump pleasant house keeper. But "In a Dark Place" she is an attractive aggressive gay who has a sexual encounter with the governess. In the story as well as all the film adaptions I have seen, the governess pursues to protect the children with a determined religous moral zeal and of course this is absent in In a Dark Place.

What is going on ?

Why all the remakes deleting the Christian intentions and themes and replacing them with gay lifestyle slants ?

Vegetales is telling. NBC bought the series promising the creator they would not take out the religous themes- then deleted all references to God in the cartoons as well as taking out the prayers at the end. NBC stated this was so as not to offend the general public by keeping the name of God in the cartoons- then NBC sent an army of lawyers and lobbyists to try and make it perfectly legal for the network to use the "f" word on public television.

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well it seems to be happening not only in the arts but everywhere.

I'm shocked by how quickly Christianity has become so wrong from the secular pov.

The only Christianity celebrated anymore is the secular version of I'm ok, you're ok. Unless of course, you stick with orthodox christianity, then you are definitely not ok.

I don't watch soap operas but I've read about them in TV Guide. Do some research on whats on them anymore. :eek:

Nice to see you BAFriend! :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Be careful. You might get a :facepalm: :p

:D
What's a face palm anyways?

Is it anything like what hockey players do to each other, rubbing their stinky, sweaty, musty gloves into the opponents face in order to provoke them?

Speaking of which, at least the Hanson Brothers are sufficiently degenerate and disordered that we probably will not be likely to see a gay remake of that classic film any time soon.

Now get back to you wine, dear.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Is it anything like what hockey players do to each other, rubbing their stinky, sweaty, musty gloves into the opponents face in order to provoke them?

Speaking of which, at least the Hanson Brothers are sufficiently degenerate and disordered that we probably will not be likely to see a gay remake of that classic film any time soon.

Now get back to you wine, dear.
^_^
I'm on my second glass but I'm a cheap buzz. Anyway, it feels good to relax.

I've always looked at a :facepalm: as a signal that the person giving it somehow feels quite superior to the person or people he is giving the :facepalm: to.

I hope this helps in some small & insignificant way....

Upvote 0
M

Memento Mori

imagedoublefacepalmrick.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.