• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Obfuscate the Bellwether Alarm?

Discussion in 'Pentecostal & Assemblies of God' started by rocknanchor, Oct 26, 2020.

1. rocknanchor

rocknanchor How the Lord Hears You - James 4:3 Supporter

+5,764
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Where and when to ‘reprove’.

There is strong reasoning to both sides of the permissiveness of this presence, wherever it is found speaking up for wrongdoing and open faults, usually brought to the flock’s attention by the ‘watchers on the wall’. Not at all hard to perceive,

Is it the mark of a hireling to avoid the negative report, or, a distraction from the contentious watchman?

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Or, should the initial be the presiding alarm,

If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.

Is the best edification towards the Church achieved in a case-by-case or by the letter?

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+4,335
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Case by case -

This is critical.

See 1 Cor 4:

"...to me it is a very small thing that I may be examined by you, or by any human court; in fact, I do not even examine myself. 4For I am conscious of nothing against myself, yet I am not by this acquitted; but the one who examines me is the Lord. 5Therefore do not go on passing judgment before the time, but wait until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men’s hearts; and then each man’s praise will come to him from God.

You will notice praise comes from genuine release when folks withdraw judgement waiting for the Spirit to bring conviction.

Churches that fail to follow this directive lack praise. They are bound with human judgement.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. rocknanchor

rocknanchor How the Lord Hears You - James 4:3 Supporter

+5,764
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Admittedly, and good morning sir! I reflected on what you brought up for a time. And this is a first for me Carl, the NIV, KJV, others take quite a bit different track by saying, ‘judge nothing’, wherein those such as the NASB speak of it’s continuation rather than that judgement’s completeness,

Therefore do not go on passing judgment before the time, , “

You surely know where I am going with that, as though to fall in line with your closing point. If that remains intact, then those faults that are of the heaviest degree would still be subject to Church oversight,

Are you not to judge those inside? (1 Corinthians 5:12)

I trust that this doesn’t in your thinking, disrupt that praise?

4. Palmfever

Palmfever Member Supporter

+75
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    1 Cor, 6 Does any one of you, when he has a case against his neighbor, dare to go to law before the unrighteous and not before the saints? Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life? So if you have law courts dealing with matters of this life, do you appoint them as judges who are of no account in the church? I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not among you one wise man who will be able to decide between his brethren, but brother goes to law with brother, and that before unbelievers?

Actually, then, it is already a defeat for you, that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded? On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

In Christ

5. Carl Emerson

+4,335
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Yes... that phrase in context - make no judgements with human judgement but wait for Him to speak by the Spirit to discern a matter.

Then the Word will be received - release will come - Praise will ring out !!!

How often this does not happen - folks look for inspired judgement - uninspired words are given - folks are not released.

Is this a cultural failing - always needing an answer and not waiting for Him to speak?

In South America Pastors pray and fast for days waiting on a Word.

Our 'Christian' culture seems to demand answers now and move on.

I have only known one brother who you would end up kneeling together with to seek God's grace on a matter.

6. Carl Emerson

+4,335
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    This is a very important area that will set the tone of the whole church.

Firstly - the 'least' should be heard.

Secondly wait for unity among elders - not consensus.

Thirdly present conclusions in Love and humility - not lording it over.

This will help to grow a healthy church culture.