✟117,162.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Repub. FCC Commish Slams 'Obama's Plan To Regulate Internet' | The Daily Caller

In a statement released Friday, Pai lamented the fact that the 332-page plan, which he tweeted a picture of himself holding next to a picture of Obama, won’t be released to the public until after the commission votes on its implementation later this month

Now what does this remind you of? The is Obamacare all over again. So then we'll have to call the internet, Obamanet.

K

kellhus

If this new plan is anything like the Affordable Care Act, I'm going to support them enthusiastically. I love Obamacare! It has helped me, and so many others! :clap:

i-love-obamacare-556x349.jpg

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟117,162.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
If this new plan is anything like the Affordable Care Act, I'm going to support them enthusiastically. I love Obamacare! It has helped me, and so many others! :clap:

i-love-obamacare-556x349.jpg

And hurt me and millions of others. Glad you're so happy about that.

Um, isn't net neutrality just keeping the internet the same as it has been?

Net neutrality is to stop restrictions on the internet. Regulation to protect freedom isn't bad thing.

No, nothing of the sort. Read the article because you won't be able to read what's in the bill until it's passed.

Sounds bad, like virtually everything the government does. Will we have "if you like your isp you can keep your isp".

Maybe not. Looks like the objective is to do the same with ISP's as was done with insurers; reduce competition by forcing out the small guy and increasing the cost and control into fewer hands. As was stated, "a government regulated monopoly"....just what Obama and his supporters want.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And hurt me and millions of others. Glad you're so happy about that.

No, nothing of the sort. Read the article because you won't be able to read what's in the bill until it's passed.

Maybe not. Looks like the objective is to do the same with ISP's as was done with insurers; reduce competition by forcing out the small guy and increasing the cost and control into fewer hands. As was stated, "a government regulated monopoly"....just what Obama and his supporters want.

Yeah thats bad, but hey who liked the internet anyway.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:thumbsup:

I am certainly glad I have adequate health care coverage now.

You understand exactly how deeply selfish this come across....right? I thought it was all about helping everyone, not just a select few?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Repub. FCC Commish Slams 'Obama's Plan To Regulate Internet' | The Daily Caller

In a statement released Friday, Pai lamented the fact that the 332-page plan, which he tweeted a picture of himself holding next to a picture of Obama, won’t be released to the public until after the commission votes on its implementation later this month

Now what does this remind you of? The is Obamacare all over again. So then we'll have to call the internet, Obamanet.

Even if I posted the full text of the plan, you wouldn't read it. You don't really care about it. You just care that Obama did something. That's what actually outrages you. Obama did a thing.

But he didn't! IT'S TOM WHEELER'S PROPOSAL HE'S HOLDING! Ajit Pai lied through his teeth.

I wouldn't trust Ajit Pai if I were you. He works for verizon.

Did you know that 85% of Republicans support Net Neutrality? Ajit Pai is part of the 15% that don't. Security quickly tackled the protesters at Pai's jam-packed press conference today.

video

tumblr_inline_njkf9ldsZu1ri3xd7.png

tumblr_inline_njkgs7L36c1ri3xd7.jpg

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Um, isn't net neutrality just keeping the internet the same as it has been?

Net neutrality is to stop restrictions on the internet. Regulation to protect freedom isn't bad thing.
Unfortunately, the FCC vision for "net neutrality" is a highly taxed utility with draconian oversight ... nothing at all like the current internet.

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟20,763.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You understand exactly how deeply selfish this come across....right? I thought it was all about helping everyone, not just a select few?
Are you the RIGHT FEW?!?!? If you are not the right few, it will not help. Even the people it helps will soon find out what you already know! It is going to hurt EVERYONE, but the low information voter is happy at first, is KEPT HAPPY by 30 some unconstitutional changes to the unconstitutional bill. That is purely to keep the low information voter voting the right way till it is a done deal, and THEN, it all turns sour!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟565,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Do you ever actually think about what you write before you write it? When was the last time you shopped for broadband internet access? What "small guy"? Fewer hands? We're already close to having monopolies in many places. The "vibrant broadband marketplace" that Pai referenced doesn't exist.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Speaking of reading . . .

Doing that would demonstrate there is no "bill" here.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Do you ever actually think about what you write before you write it? When was the last time you shopped for broadband internet access? What "small guy"? Fewer hands? We're already close to having monopolies in many places. The "vibrant broadband marketplace" that Pai referenced doesn't exist.
Sigh ... it's like the glass half-empty vs half-full analogy.

Competition in broadband has been increasing, not decreasing. Just a FACT. Two decades ago cable TV providers were utilities everywhere and had an absolute monopoly. Those same cable companies maintained their monopolies well into the broadband internet era until DSL, wireless providers and satellite providers offered competition. Businesses have even more options, often having the ability to connect directly to fiber.

Life is good. Competition is robust. It's a strange time for the government to claim more competition is needed.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,200.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Speaking of reading . . .

Doing that would demonstrate there is no "bill" here.

Maybe some guy named 'bill' wrote the thing?

You have to admit that it is fun to jump to conclusions considering the 332 pages has not yet been released.

They are imagining the report (since they have not yet read it) and are bracing for the worse, after all it is Obama....

Upvote 0