Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Ya know, I believed that a lot more before I drove 6000 kilometers across Australia last year. Australia may be rated on par with the US but service is nowhere near being comparable.

Just for the record, there's only one country that provides significantly faster average internet service than the US, South Korea. Take a look: List of countries by Internet connection speeds - Wikipedia

Re your Australia trip, there’s a reason why anecdotal evidence isn’t worth much of anything.

I’m also still confused by why you said only one country was better than you, and then posted a link showing you were actually 10th. Was that a mistake?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Re your Australia trip, there’s a reason why anecdotal evidence isn’t worth much of anything.

I’m also still confused by why you said only one country was better than you, and then posted a link showing you were actually 10th. Was that a mistake?
He wrote "significantly faster". So I guess 20% faster isn't significant enough to mention.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
People complain even more loudly about Comcast abusing its quasi-monopoly status.

As for AT&T's mobile share, it's worth noting that genuine competition exists in cellular. Both AT&T and Verizon (which together comprise almost all of the old MaBell companies) have been forced to provide real competition in recent years. It's a beautiful thing.

Comcast has grown too large. I cut the cord months ago and now have 100 MBPS internet for $29 a month and no contract nor data limit, and I picked Direct TV now and love it. Since upgrading from Comcast I haven't had any frozen frames or any other live broadcast problems. My cable TV + internet went from $200 a month to $65 a month while my data rate went from 10 MB to 100 MB and soon we are getting Google Fiber too with 1 GB for $70 a month.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
But 1% higher in a poll is a reason to start several different threads.
Hey, if there's one thing we have learned in the last 12 months, it's that there's nothing more important or accurate than polls.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Great trip, btw.

I recommend it highly.
I'm not surprised. You've complain a lot about not understanding.

Did you happen to notice the qualifier? Read it again. Comprehension improves with practice.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Great trip, btw.

I recommend it highly.

I'm not surprised. You've complain a lot about not understanding.

Did you happen to notice the qualifier? Read it again. Comprehension improves with practice.

Ah, so as another poster already suggested, you just don't find 20% a significant number?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Comcast has grown too large. I cut the cord months ago and now have 100 MBPS internet for $29 a month and no contract nor data limit, and I picked Direct TV now and love it. Since upgrading from Comcast I haven't had any frozen frames or any other live broadcast problems. My cable TV + internet went from $200 a month to $65 a month while my data rate went from 10 MB to 100 MB and soon we are getting Google Fiber too with 1 GB for $70 a month.
Glad to hear cord-cutting has worked out well for you. :oldthumbsup:

DirecTV Now, btw, is the poster child for how competition forced both AT&T and the big networks to offer a product at greatly reduced price which constantly nibbles away at their higher-priced offerings. Instead of contracts, DTVN locked in many of us with grand-fathering ... but, hey, at $37.50 a month I can't complain too much. For that price I get all the rarely watched channels, ability to stream anywhere, and just as with Netflix I get to share my account with relatives who can't afford cable TV. Competition is a beautiful thing.

P.S. People who have AT&T wireless get an even better deal with DTVN.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe there has ever been universal clamoring for Title II. Jus' sayin ...

The ISP's wanted net neutrality gone and you are cheering it on.

If title 2 enforcing net neutrality was what they wanted the Republicans would have done that.

Upvote 0