Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
I loved Ronald. He was a wise man who once said the 9 scariest english words are "I'm from the government & I'm here to help."

I have no idea why anyone would find those words particularly scary.

David.

Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have to say Obama has done some interesting stuff. The whole war without congress & little things that are not in the media that are going largely unnoticed. I know this guys up to no good. People will see only what they want to. This is why it will be so easy for the mark to make it into our lives. I think back to when I was just a kid,sitting with my WWII vet grandpa. He would tell us how the world was changing,how we were in for a hard life. We didn't have the same gusto as they did. We lack this I believe due to the government making us a society that believes we are deserving of everything being free. If we had seen this try to occur overnight,nobody would've allowed it.It would've been to obvious. Now that we don't have the older/wiser generation reminding/warning us we are walking blind. We honestly won't listen anyways,we know everything. Pride does come before the fall. Anyone who doesn't see the Obama admin as a threat is just trying to save face. That's how I see it. No one wants to admit their "hero" is a fraud. I don't trust any of these guys in the election,but this guy,by far,is one big deceiver. Look at how many still defend him even when the facts are there. As a Christian we are not to conform to this world. If Obama says "hey,gays are ok & so is killing unborn babies" we know he is not of the Lord & we MUST cut all ties,affections,support,etc from him.

Yes, because supporting those who support the god of mammon is so much better. :doh: Just say, "Thank You Mr. President" and move on. We rejected this ideology in 2008 and we will reject it again in 2012. :wave:

obama_romney-forward.jpg

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Did or did not Obama sign an executive order giving him unprecedented and absolute powers in war or peace time?

'The Real Obama': Absolute Power - Sean Hannity - Fox Nation

Did or did not Obama sign into law a mandate to imprison American citizens?

With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens - ABC News

How is it that somehow I'm paranoid or crazy when these have actually occurred?

Obama actually signed executive orders giving himself unprecedented power at will.

Obama actually signed into law a mandate that allows for the indefinite detention of American citizens.

Neither action is Constitutional but the Constitution is not something that this president follows or adheres to.

How is that a reply to what I said?

You have a glareing confirmation bias. You are paranoid. You are delusional.

There will be elections in November, and the one with the most electorial votes will win.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have no idea why anyone would find those words particularly scary.

David.

It depends on the problem.

Most of the time when the government actually comes to help people are quite happy to see them.

If you have a flooded out farm that you need a loan to replant or a hurricane and the national guard comes in to help it is quite helpful.

Upvote 0

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Without going to deep into this discussion, due to the classified nature of information, let me assure you that the executive branch (president) had the authority to do these things in a crisis situation long before President Obama came into office. Also, Bush signed far more sweeping executive orders covering these sorts of situations than has Obama. These options have to be available to the President regardless of party because they provide for a coordinated response to crisis situations in the event of the unthinkable.

Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Liberals are obsessed wth Bush.

Everything bad that has happened to this nation since Obama was inaugurated in January, 2009 has only Obama to blame. The days of blaming Bush have gone the way of the Dodo.

1. The biggest case of pot meet kettle syndrome in a while. You talk about liberals being obsessed with Bush in response to one person's remark that people said the same things about Bush that you are saying about Obama. But we're obsessed?

It's not enough to say that Obama is a bad president, you have to say that he's purposefully destroying the country and that he wants to bring America down a peg. What kind of proof is there for this nonsense? Why would an American citizen want to "bring his country down a peg." What kind of citizen thinks his fellows are too successful.
Oh wait...you DON'T think he's American citizen, since you and Herbert have been the ones smelling up the forums with that birther nonsense as well. But we're obsessed?

2. Only Obama to blame? So when the economy was still struggling on Jan. 26 2009, that was Obama's fault? People can argue that Obama played a role in the economy as it is now. But that's not what you are doing. You are completely dismissing the the years 2000-2008 as though it had nothing to do with 2009-12, as if Bush's presidency just "doesn't count" for some reason (the reasons likely being that you and Bush share the same delusions).

Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1. The biggest case of pot meet kettle syndrome in a while. You talk about liberals being obsessed with Bush in response to one person's remark that people said the same things about Bush that you are saying about Obama. But we're obsessed?

It's not enough to say that Obama is a bad president, you have to say that he's purposefully destroying the country and that he wants to bring America down a peg. What kind of proof is there for this nonsense? Why would an American citizen want to "bring his country down a peg." What kind of citizen thinks his fellows are too successful.
Oh wait...you DON'T think he's American citizen, since you and Herbert have been the ones smelling up the forums with that birther nonsense as well. But we're obsessed?

2. Only Obama to blame? So when the economy was still struggling on Jan. 26 2009, that was Obama's fault? People can argue that Obama played a role in the economy as it is now. But that's not what you are doing. You are completely dismissing the the years 2000-2008 as though it had nothing to do with 2009-12, as if Bush's presidency just "doesn't count" for some reason (the reasons likely being that you and Bush share the same delusions).

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sure. I'm man enough to admit if I am wrong.

Yeah cuz that happened in 2009 after Obama was elected the first time.

I'll admit I was paranoid when Bush got re-elected, but not much happened.

Since Bush's first term the setup to abuse these powers has been in place and for 12 years they haven't had significant bearing. They should still be removed, but neither Bush nor Obama will be the ones to abuse them (well obvious on Bush since he's out). Romney is pretty doubtful too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dear me, I don't know why people give Markusanthem the time of day.

I don't think he's made a single, coherent argument in this entire thread.

Concerns over the fact presidents can detain you indefinitely without trial, etc. are completely valid. Sudden hysteria as though it is somehow new, not so much.

While I don't agree with his "the sky is falling" attitude, I can't blame him for his concern. Why are some of these laws still in place after nearly 12 years?

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
While I don't agree with his "the sky is falling" attitude, I can't blame him for his concern. Why are some of these laws still in place after nearly 12 years?

There is no political will to get rid of them.

Mitt Romney the main alternative right now has not promiced to get rid of them. He is in support of the idea.

Romney Booed for Support for Indefinite Detention - Law Blog - WSJ

Lets not act as if the country has a real choice in this matter anymore or that either "side" is better on this issue. The people in power have deemed it their right to detain indefinitely and were sitting here in this board mainly squabbleing over gay people.

Go figure.

The OP is a crazy anti-Obama wingnut but at least they have their priorities straight if not their partisan blinders.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Obama will win or lose 2012 based on his own merits or lack thereof.

No US Pres has won or lost an election on his own merits in quite some time. Most that vote for Obummer will be making a negative statement, to keep Mittens out. He will be re-elected on the basis of nobody better opposing him, which is anything but his own merits ...

Upvote 0