So, who will fall for this story line again?

• Me

• Not me

Results are only viewable after voting.

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, Biden is proposing Obama 2.0 with a public option which is necessary because many states didn't implement a state option. Also, the plan has much higher subsidies that will serve to reduce premiums. And yes, this plan to change Obamacare will cost a lot, $750B, paid for by partial reversing the Trump tax cut. It has ZERO chance of being implemented since there will not be anywhere near 60 senators (not even the 50 needed when Obama used the tax ruse which cannot be used this time).

The key thing is that Biden's plan is much, much better than the status quo, and much, much better than any Republican plan. The plan will work well in the campaign. The plans of other Democrats simply present strong Democratic advantage to the Republicans.
==========
Republicans will oppose the plan as they have opposed every federal health improvement since the 30's.
Democrats will likely support plans that cost 10-20 TRILLION and eliminate private insurance over 4 years.

I believe we have heard this tune before.
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me.

Joe Biden to Run on Obamacare, Repeats Lie About Keeping Your Plan

Posted by Mike LaChance Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 7:00am
“if you like your health care plan … you can keep it.”

Joe-Biden-Obamacare-promise-620x435.jpg

While speaking at forum for AARP in Iowa this weekend, Joe Biden revealed his plan for healthcare, which would be based on Obamacare. At one point, he told the crowd with a straight face, “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.”

Biden actually repeated the Obama line Politifact declared the “Lie of the Year” in 2013.

Dan Diamond of Politico describes Biden’s plan:

Biden unveils health care plan: Affordable Care Act 2.0

Democratic front-runner Joe Biden on Monday unveiled a health plan that’s intended to preserve the most popular parts of Obamacare — from Medicaid expansion to protections for patients with preexisting conditions — and build on them with a new government-run public insurance option.

Biden would also empower Medicare to directly negotiate drug prices, allow the importation of prescription drugs from abroad and extend tax credits to help tens of millions of Americans buy lower-priced health insurance.

The plan — which the campaign says will cost $750 billion over a decade, to be paid for by reversing some of the Trump administration’s tax cuts — is less transformative than the “Medicare for All” proposal advanced by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and supported by some other Democrats, which would effectively do away with private insurance and shift all Americans to government-run health coverage.

“I understand the appeal of Medicare for All,” Biden said in a video posted Monday morning. “But folks supporting it should be clear that it means getting rid of Obamacare. And I’m not for that.”
More here: Joe Biden to Run on Obamacare, Repeats Lie About Keeping Your Plan

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That is an act designed to prevent discrimination based on pregnancy but does not require medical insurance benefits for pregnancy. It does require that post pregnancy disability be covered on an equal basis and that employers provide reasonable accomodations for on the job pregnant women.
Pregnancy Discrimination Act - Wikipedia

As I said, states can mandate that if insurers want to sell plans in their states, they must provide certain benefits. And all I can say is that in 40+ years of working in health care, I have never encountered an insurance plan that did not cover pregnancy-related medical expenses.

BTW: I don't mean to go off topic. But I can't imagine that any pro-life Christian would support an insurance company refusing to cover prenatal care, labor, and delivery.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In all employer group plans (covering 15 or more persons) maternity benefits have been required since 1978. Not to mention that many states have stricter requirements. Google the Pregnancy Discrimination Act if you want.
Before 1978, there were employer plans that covered pregnancy expenses for the wives of employees, but not for the employees themselves. Women could also be fired simply for becoming pregnant. The word itself was considered not fit for polite company.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0