✟11,711.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the Westminster Confession of Faith Chapter 23 -

IV. It is the duty of the people to pray for magistrates, to honor their persons, to pay them tribute and other dues, to obey their lawful commands, and to be subject to their authority, for conscience' sake. Infidelity, or difference in religion, doth not make void the magistrate's just and legal authority, nor free the people from their obedience to him: from which ecclesiastical persons are not exempted; much less hath the Pope any power or jurisdiction over them in their dominions, or over any of their people; and least of all to deprive them of their dominions or lives, if he shall judge them to be heretics, or upon any other pretense whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Anna Scott

May 29, 2009
Texas
✟21,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't get this "Muslim Faith" issue. Those who claim Obama is a "closet Muslim" (stated on other threads) are willing to vote for Romney, who is Mormon. Neither are Christian.

From a Christian standpoint, why is Mormonism more preferable than Islam (excluding extremists)?

Anna

Upvote 0

Anna Scott

May 29, 2009
Texas
✟21,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All this crap about Obama being a Muslim is a contributing factor towards why Obama got re-elected. Normal people didn't want to be associated with such crazy ideas so many either voted for Obama, third party, or didn't vote at all.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Illuminaughty

Drift and Doubt
May 18, 2012
✟20,609.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
All this crap about Obama being a Muslim is a contributing factor towards why Obama got re-elected. Normal people didn't want to be associated with such crazy ideas so many either voted for Obama, third party, or didn't vote at all.

Yep.

Upvote 0

Oneofthediaspora

Jul 9, 2008
Liverpool
✟9,124.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Oneofthediaspora

Jul 9, 2008
Liverpool
✟9,124.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When I was little and raised Catholic I would tell everyone I was actually a Prostitute as I was baptised into the Prostitue Church....(could not pronounce Protestant)...

Does this mean I was actually a Prostitute? :D

No. But your statement does not logically exclude that possibility either.
Couple that with some quasi-Freudian twaddle and before you know it some moron will deduce that you are in fact a prostitute but trying to hide that fact from the public at large.

Disclaimer : I do not think you are a prostitute.

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
No. But your statement does not logically exclude that possibility either.
Couple that with some quasi-Freudian twaddle and before you know it some moron will deduce that you are in fact a prostitute but trying to hide that fact from the public at large.

Disclaimer : I do not think you are a prostitute.

Well...I am out all night and I do see alot of nudity as it is part of my job (carreer)....:holy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KTskater

Dec 2, 2004
✟21,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yup!

Upvote 0