Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
WASHINGTON, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes, and another leader of the right-wing group, were found guilty on Tuesday of seditious conspiracy for the attack on the U.S. Capitol by Donald Trump supporters, an important win for the Justice Department.
The verdicts against Rhodes and four co-defendants, after three days of deliberations by the 12-member jury, came in the highest-profile trial so far to emerge from the deadly Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the U.S. Capitol, a failed bid to overturn then-President Trump's 2020 election defeat.
Rhodes, a Yale Law School-educated former Army paratrooper and disbarred attorney, was accused by prosecutors during an eight-week trial of plotting to use force to try to block Congress from certifying Democratic President Joe Biden's election victory over Republican Trump. Rhodes was convicted on three counts and acquitted on two.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
1669808634266.png

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
WASHINGTON, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes, and another leader of the right-wing group, were found guilty on Tuesday of seditious conspiracy for the attack on the U.S. Capitol by Donald Trump supporters, an important win for the Justice Department.
The verdicts against Rhodes and four co-defendants, after three days of deliberations by the 12-member jury, came in the highest-profile trial so far to emerge from the deadly Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the U.S. Capitol, a failed bid to overturn then-President Trump's 2020 election defeat.
Rhodes, a Yale Law School-educated former Army paratrooper and disbarred attorney, was accused by prosecutors during an eight-week trial of plotting to use force to try to block Congress from certifying Democratic President Joe Biden's election victory over Republican Trump. Rhodes was convicted on three counts and acquitted on two.
Good! I hope he gets 20 years!

• Agree
Reactions: Whyayeman
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Good! I hope he gets 20 years!
Well, a good, deterrent sentence. American courts, like the British ones, give out very long sentences.

I am generally for the frugal use of long prison sentences. However, sedition is an extremely serious matter. The gravity of what happened on that dreadful day cannot be ignored. He must go down for a long time.

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is cathartic to witness for Americans who believe in our democracy. From what his estranged wife said yesterday, this is the first time Rhodes has been held accountable in his entire life.

I don't think America has convicted anyone of seditious conspiracy since those radical Islamic terrorists in 1995. There were charges brought against the Hutaree militia group in Michigan in 2010 but they were acquitted.

I was wondering if anyone would post this news story on CF. Thank you Mr Scrooge for sharing this eye opening news.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is cathartic to witness for Americans who believe in our democracy.
I saw this in the British press. It will be a turning point beyond your shores, I hope. People here will be relieved that America has not totally lost its way.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0