GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Calvary Chapel is not like a Pentecostal Church although they do believe in speaking in tongues. They require that everything be done in descent order and that someone interpret. In all my years attending Calvary I never heard anyone speak in tongues.

Upvote 0

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Calvary Chapel is not like a Pentecostal Church although they do believe in speaking in tongues. They require that everything be done in descent order and that someone interpret. In all my years attending Calvary I never heard anyone speak in tongues.

is it same with presbyterian ? if not, any major differences ?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
does calvary chappel speak in tongue like pentecostal ? thanks.

The first Calvary Chapel was in the Foursquare Gospel denomination, an overtly Pentecostal group. So they have those roots, but from what I have seen, there is not much outward sign of that anymore.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In all my years attending Calvary I never heard anyone speak in tongues.
That would confirm that genuine tongues have ceased, and the Calvary Chapels would be further ahead to make this clear. There is hardly any point in saying we believe that tongues are for today when the reality contradicts that. I have attended Calvary Chapels and there is much that is good, and much that needs change.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I can't figure out any reason why Calvary Chapel would have its own forum. There don't appear to be members participating, except for one, and we don't seem to be able to find anything that distinguishes Calvary Chapel from the average non-denominational church in doctrine or worship style.

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
That would confirm that genuine tongues have ceased, and the Calvary Chapels would be further ahead to make this clear. There is hardly any point in saying we believe that tongues are for today when the reality contradicts that. I have attended Calvary Chapels and there is much that is good, and much that needs change.

Except Calvary Chapel believes in tongues; you just don't see it practiced regularly.

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I can't figure out any reason why Calvary Chapel would have its own forum. There don't appear to be members participating, except for one, and we don't seem to be able to find anything that distinguishes Calvary Chapel from the average non-denominational church in doctrine or worship style.

They are one of the largest denominations/groups.

Reactions: Sojourner1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We will see how it goes. If there isn't enough activity we will consider closing it up. However, I have seen quite a few members over the years so I am hoping that the forum becomes more active. If you will notice there are other congregational forums that don't have much activity either, but they are still open. I have thought about posting in the non-denominational forum, however, there is such a wide range of beliefs in non-denominational that it's not really what I would consider a home forum.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
They are one of the largest denominations/groups.
But are there a lot of CC members here on CF who need to be separated from the other non-denominational churches? As I said, there doesn't seem to be anything in the beliefs of CC that set it apart from most of the others or, for that matter, for generic Protestantism.

But it's just a thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But are there a lot of CC members here on CF who need to be separated from the other non-denominational churches? As I said, there doesn't seem to be anything in the beliefs of CC that set it apart from most of the others or, for that matter, for generic Protestantism.

But it's just a thought.

I'm not trying to be rude in this comment, but why do you care so much? Why does it bother you that we opened a Calvary Chapel forum?

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the official media for speaking in tongues, is after glow's.

many different calvary chapels have a type of after glow service, where gifts of the spirit can be manifested. AGain, in decency and in order.

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
the official media for speaking in tongues, is after glow's.

many different calvary chapels have a type of after glow service, where gifts of the spirit can be manifested. AGain, in decency and in order.
I can't find any information about glow in internet. The rundown, summary. All i see is afterglow book and glow CC canyon hills. can help ? thanks.

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I can't find any information about glow in internet. The rundown, summary. All i see is afterglow book and glow CC canyon hills. can help ? thanks.

An afterglow would be a time set aside after the regular service, you probably won't find anything written about it in any book. You would probably only know about it if you were apart of the church and received their bulletin.

Upvote 0

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
That church doesn't appear to be a part of the Calvary Chapel Association.
An afterglow would be a time set aside after the regular service, you probably won't find anything written about it in any book. You would probably only know about it if you were apart of the church and received their bulletin.

Thanks for both of your answers. It's great. Any info of CC church in malaysia ?

Upvote 0