Now the Harvey Weinstien's Hollywood liberal hypocrisy has been exposed, his story is just ...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if those Catholics who stopped going to Mass becasue of the clergy abuse scandel will now stop going to Hollywood movies. I dont think so:doh:
Well that's different of course. ;)

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
People have made jokes about this sort of thing for years. Several actors have previously made public statements that sexual exploitation was a common part of Hollywood culture. Some Hollywood figures (most notably Roman Polanski) have even been proven to have taken part in sexual crimes, but they are still celebrated.

Even if we didn't have solid proof, most of us had a strong gut feeling that Hollywood was rotten to the core. Thus the only surprising thing about the Harvey Weinstein case is that anyone in Hollywood is even feigning surprise.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
People may not stop going to movies but I think their (actors , producers ) reputations at this point are such that they may not be able to make them at all op. At least I hope. Maybe more independent movie makers can move in on the market. Gavin McInnes is an awesome actor , made hilarious movies but he's not mainstream because he refuses to associate with these people. Let's hope it's a shift for the good.

Upvote 0