✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
jereth said:
Gosh, things really are different around here without glaudys and shernren!

I have been thinking the same thing. Do you know where Shernren is? I didn't see a post about his abscence from him?

Upvote 0

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Still keeping you in prayer, Gluadys. :)

BTW, in addition to the Gluadys and Shernre, Willtor has also been away. Since we are speaking of abscences, I thought I'd mention it. He announced in this thread that he will be off for a bit writing his thesis.

Feel free to drop several questions into that thread while he is gone.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
hello all,

my name is sean. i am gluadys' son and she asked me to give you an update on her condition. first of all, personally, i'd like to thank you for all the kind words and prayers here for my mum. it means a lot to know your thoughts are with her.

currently she is still in the hospital. the surgery went well. however, there was an abscess in her bladder which has lead to complications. primarily she has difficulty keeping food down and has recently been put back on a clear fluids diet. this has generally reduced her energy levels and weakened her physically. tomorrow she will go for another CT-scan. a discharge date, which had been set for this past weekend, is now contingent on a stabalized digestive system.

she is thinking of you all and certainly misses this community. again, thank you for your thoughts and take care.

as ever, sean.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lord Jesus, would you be a comfort to Glaudys, let her know your touch even when she is feeling bad. But Lord we pray you heal her. Heal that absess, calm her system down, restore her health and her appetite. In Jesus' name.

Thank's for the update Sean. Give you mum a hug from us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
Well, a proposed week-long hospital stay stretched into three weeks and two days. But all is well that ends well.

I came home earlier today.

The surgery healed really well, I still have a drain where the abcess was making sure there is no build-up of fluids, and my tummy has settled down after nearly a whole week on clear fluids.

But I am feeling much brighter, stronger and just good now. Better than for months before the surgery.

There is a lot more to tell, but I'll work on a blog entry for anyone who wants all the gory (and good) details.

The Lord was truly with me. I was somewhat disconcerted to find my surgeon had gone on a two-week vacation the day after my surgery and left me in the care of someone I had never met.

But she was wonderful. Compassionate, competent and very thorough. It was her thoroughness that led to the discovery of the abcess that developed after the surgery.

My own surgeon was a blessing too. I never experienced any difficulty with our much publicised long wait times. From the day I first entered his office to the day of surgery was barely two weeks.

And, as I have so many times, I thank God I live in a country where I don't need to worry about the affordability of medical care or insurance.

Last but far from least, I thank you all for your concern and prayer support. I probably won't be posting a lot for a while, as I still need to rest frrequently. But it's nice to read your messages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
gluadys

you took too long.
the YECists won without your support and writing here.
The textbooks are being rewritten as we type.
University's are being purged of all those who think that there is evidence of evolution in creation.
the highest levels of government now require a pledge to hold ID and fight evilution.

see, you were important.

*welcome back*
sorry we couldn't hold down the fort in your absence.
there was just too many of them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.