Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟24,020.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
Just to let you all know that as of this Friday I will not be posting for a week or two, maybe longer.

I am going into hospital for removal of a tumour and possible colostomy. I'll be in hospital for a week to ten days, during which I will have little opportunity or energy to get on line.

The outlook is not bad. A CT-scan showed no additional growths, so the prospect is not bad that the surgery followed by radio and chem should put me back on my feet, just in time to enjoy my upcoming retirement.

laptoppop

Servant of the living God
May 19, 2006
Southern California
✟16,420.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lord, be with Gluadys during this time. Give her special comfort and a real sense of your peace. Guide her doctors and give them wisdom. I pray her recovery will be swift, and that she'll be feeling better very soon. In the mighty Name of Jesus, amen.

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gluadys, first thank you for sharing this with us. Even though we are a virtual community, we are a community nevertheless, no less capable of caring and fellowship than anything that may exist in real life.

We will be a little less than what we are without you, and you will be missed while you are away.

You will be in my prayers, in the prayers of my family and the prayers of our church.

Upvote 0

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We'll miss you while you're gone! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've wished I could copy and paste you into real life for an explanation of how the Bible can indeed be interpreted as a spiritual guide rather than a science book!

I can never keep track of all the assumptions that go into biblical literalism, and it seems that if you miss even one, on further reflection, the literalist will realize that everything contradicts that one point... then go back to believing that there is no response to their interpretation of scriptures...

but I digress. We love you here, and I'll be praying for you along with the rest!

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lord would you wrap Glaudys up in your peace and love and let her know your presence and safekeeping and care all through this time. Bless her Lord when she is too tired to pray or concentrate on you, let her know your touch simply saying 'Peace, I am here with you.'

Group hug :groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You will be missed, Gluadys. I tried to respond to this thread earlier, but CF kinda took a nose dive and I had to go to bed.

You will be in my prayers, and I hope to see you back soon. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
gluadys said:
Thanks everyone for your good wishes and prayers. My daughter is arriving soon to drive me to the hospital. Talk to you again in a week or so.

It has been two weeks. I hope we hear about Gluady's condition soon.

my dad said that getting old isn't for whimps.
he was right.

post edit

double checked her last on CF time

Last Activity: 28th July 2006 07:11 PM

Reactions: laptoppop
Upvote 0

laptoppop

Servant of the living God
May 19, 2006
Southern California
✟16,420.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Still praying here - but not too concerned yet. I had gut surgery a few years back and it takes a good while to get back to where one would feel like posting. Of course the funniest part about intestinal surgery is the way everyone wants to know if you've passed gas yet -- apparently a good "toot" is a sign that things have started percolating again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.