Nota 'Benissimo'

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟272,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Anything but deal with the facts, referred to, eh ? So, what's new ? tee hee tither tither. Do you really think the opinion of an agnostic, evidently, of an atheist persuasion, on the subject of the Discovery Institute, is worth squat ? Go back to sleep, there's a good chap.

Why should his stance as an agnostic on the question of knowledge of the existence of God of Gods have any bearing on the validity of his opinions about the Discovery Institute?

Or are we not meant to take the Discovery Institute seriously when they protest that ID is science, not religion?

Or should we observe reality as it is, and conclude that ID is just an attempt to circumvent the law and smuggle creationism into the science classroom? That it is, in fact, creationism dressed in a stolen a lab coat, spouting science-y but meaningless phrases, all while hurling itself about absolutely pointlessly and making spasmodic gyrations?

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
true. are you sure that most scientists actually aware of the problems with evolution? im not.
I'm sure most scientists are not aware of your existence, let alone your linguistic challenges. Robot penguins and self-replicating cars will also not be common topics of conversation in scientific circles. Do you understand why scientists do not lose sleep over your fantasies?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That it's taken them 18 years to get less than 0.1% of the world's scientists to agree to an ambiguously worded statement about evolution? No. Is there any reason we should care?

I think we should.
I never know any other scientific announcement be made in the same way, or in a similar way, for whatever reason. The announcement itself IS a powerful evidence.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,888.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I think we should.
I never know any other scientific announcement be made in the same way, or in a similar way, for whatever reason. The announcement itself IS a powerful evidence.

Except it's not. Many of scientists listed aren't even in area of science where biology even plays a part.

Upvote 0