• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Not sure what to do anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippe

Apr 21, 2009
✟7,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been on lexapro for a few weeks now and i still read the bible in the morning and at night and pray throughout the day but i dont feel anything anymore. Its almost like im empty and i dont even care anymore. I have asked Jesus to save me and to come into my life a million times and everything just feels like it is repeated prayers and actions. I dont want to be like this i dont even know if i truly believe in the existence of God or how to accept Jesus or trust or believe with my heart or confess with my mouth. All im doing anymore is existing i cant even remember when i used to be alive. I feel so empty inside and like i dont even care anymore and i dont want to be like this anymore. please pray that God works a miricle in my heart mind and life. I have a baby girl in September and i want to be a Christian husband and father. I dont want to be decieved i just want truth.

stacii

Jan 14, 2007
✟7,909.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
This is probably as simple as OCD lingering around. If it doesn't get better soon, call your doctor - perhaps a different med? Sometimes OCD can be worse for the first couple weeks you are on the meds. Rest assured, you will feel again. Even without the meds, OCD tends to come and go.....hopefully it goes sooner rather than later. :)

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi my friend, just know that even if our hearts condemn (that includes a OCD ridden one) us God is great than our hearts and He doesn't condemn us. As soon as you asked Jesus into your life the first time, He heard you then and He hears you now. I know it must be hard for you to trust in Him for His love for you right now, but God is faithful; "If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself" (2 Timothy 2:13). Even if we feel like dirt and worthless, God is still looking down on us like a proud Father, we accepted His Sons salvation so now that makes us His children, and He is glad to call you a son. Keep the faith my friend, Jesus is there with you and His love for you is everlasting, God's peace be with you.

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
trippe,
I hear your pain,and so does Jesus.I went through much terror and anguish for so very long and scared I lost my salvation.I thought I was a cast out empty shell,but Jesus is healing me.I am so sorry you are going through this.
Jesus is the ressurection and the Life Jesus is Truth,Jesus is Love
the Wonderful Counsellor and Prince of Peace and Everlasting Father
Jesus came to heal the broken hearted and set at liberty them who are bruised.
Jesus says come to Me all ye that are heavy laden and I will give you rest.
Jesus said he that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.
Jesus says behold I make all things new.
Jesus said with God all things are possible.
We are welcome to come to Jesus just like little children for healing and comfort and wholeness.
If any of us lack wisdom we are free to ask God to give us wisdom and He will give it liberally and unbraideth not.
David prayed that God would renew a right spirit within him.
Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness.
.We love Jesus because He first loved us,Jesus does not wait for us to love Him before He loves us.No Jesus loves us first.
Jesus makes all things new.
Jesus gives us a heart of flesh.

5But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans chapter 9
30What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

31But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; 33As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Take note that whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.
Just as Jesus said,He that believeth on Me has everlasting life.

It is Jesus who makes all things new and heals our hearts

blessings

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.