Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
My husband is the treasure at our church. I'm assuming that counts as a ministry?

When he was asked if he would become treasurer (it's a position that has to be voted on by our church members and is renewed every 3 years) I agreed that I would support him.

I still do. I find it so hard though. He works as an accountant for a firm that is 30 miles from where we live. So he is out of the house from 6.30/7am til around 7/7.30pm Monday-Friday. He then has the church work on top of that. As we are getting towards the end if the year he has so much church finance stuff to do that most evenings he is working until gone midnight.

On top of this he was recently asked to join a group that helps supports our church elders-this means he is out of the house 1 evening per week. This was something that we both prayerfully considered and decided it was right that he do.

I guess I am just struggling with how unavailable my husband is at the moment and would love some prayer. Thanks

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
254206-albums3323-29603.gif

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2011
✟15,189.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
In Ministry we all must set boundaries.I wrote a paper on this in Seminary. My husband and I are both Pastor's. We have chosen 2 days a week that "the world" is not allowed to impede on.

That means we don't answer the phone, the machine screens our calls. We don't answer the door if we don't want to. We make plans to do something for those days or sometimes we rent a couple of goofy movies and hang around the house.

The boundaries are important, because if the marriage gets lost, so will the ministry.

You might sit down with your husband and share with him this need and see if you two can come up with 2 days. If you have children, choose one day to involve them and the other day just for you and your husband. This is serious to consider. My husband and I have seen too many marriages in Ministry destroyed because of this one area not managed.

Also, we do not answer the phone during meals any day of the week.

Blessings

Upvote 0