Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I found this

here -->:doh:

Did you miss the part that I bolded? Where is a reference that PREDATES the similar ones re Obama? That site has both, making it contemporaneous :doh:

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True, but claiming racisism in EVERY criticism of Obama is. "You don't like that policy just because Obama is black" is a VERY common objection and it's every bit as racist as the cartoons of Obama as a witch doctor.
Who here has said that as anything other than a joke? I haven't heard that in real life either. If you hang out with people like that, don't blame what they do on us.

Maybe not racist in nature, but the cartoons with Bush as a chimpanzee are still every bit as wrong, aren't they?
No, and the reason is because the Bush as chimp pictures were personal to Bush and his unfortunate resemblance to the simians in question, while racist jokes insult every one of the race and not just the one man. I think insulting an entire group of people is worse than insulting a single public figure.

Teleprompter jokes, while inane, are not racist and are directed at Obama alone. Ditto the Maoist crap.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you read the explanation? ^_^
Yes. Where is the evidence that shows this picture predates the other one?

I had seen that one before you posted it which is why I asked for something that predates the Obama ones. That one says the picture does, but other than his 2008 say-so, has nothing to back it up.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Where is the evidence that shows this picture predates the other one?

I had seen that one before you posted it which is why I asked for something that predates the Obama ones. That one says the picture does, but other than his 2008 say-so, has nothing to back it up.
That's kinda my point. That's the best Google came up with. Bonus, the page it was on was amusing.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I found this

bush-witch-doctor.jpg

here -->:doh:

Ok you found one. But you left out the context which is important to the thread. Right under on the site yuo linked to is this:
So, what’s the problem you ask? The Picture above was linked from and pointed to by Gateway Pundit is a Blog called the Romanian National Vanguard News Agency, which is owned by Romanian National Vanguard. Which is a White Nationalist website! Which I will not point to, at all.

So yes someone went after Bush, someone even more 'right wing' for being decent to non-whites it would seem.

Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ok you found one. But you left out the context which is important to the thread. Right under on the site yuo linked to is this:

So yes someone went after Bush, someone even more 'right wing' for being decent to non-whites it would seem.

Kinda funny, don't you think?:D

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
:D

According to Wikipedia, Herman Cain was raised in... Georgia, the home state of Stalin!

That reminded me of this....

Russia invading Georgia? - Yahoo! Answers

Keep in mind there are people who troll this site just to give out silly answers... hence the following...

Q:What do you guys think about Russia's recent attacks on Georgia? I know it's not much business of the United States, but still I wish there was some way we could help.

A:Russia is invading Georgia??? Last time I checked it was still a state within the US so it's very much our business!!! If they get to Atlanta I'll be waiting with my shotgun!

LOL

I love that was the answer to receive the most positive votes as opposed to the answers that actually gave a real answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is anyone going to ask for Herman Cain's birth certificate?

Now that you mention it, he does look like he may be from Kenya! I wonder if he has any foreign relatives we can tie around his neck. :D

I wouldn't worry about that, some dimwitted republicans have their "birther" issue to cling to, their dimwitted brothers and sisters on the left have an issue just as nasty.

Google "Herman Cain Uncle Tom".

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Objecting to racist criticism is not racist.
To say that Obama should be treated differently than Bush was just because Obama is black most certainly IS racist.

Funny, I don't recall Bush as a witch doctor. Do you have any references that predate the Obama as witch doctor references?

yes...

bushwitchdoctor.jpg

witchdoctor8441.jpg

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't worry about that, some dimwitted republicans have their "birther" issue to cling to, their dimwitted brothers and sisters on the left have an issue just as nasty.

Google "Herman Cain Uncle Tom".

I'd say the "truthers" are the liberal counterpoint to the "birthers". Plenty of twits on either side.

Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere
Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'd say the "truthers" are the liberal counterpoint to the "birthers". Plenty of twits on either side.
You can always pick out one sides twits when they respond to the above portion with "Not on our side, look at all these <cons/lib> idiots and how awful they are!" Inability to recognize deficiencies within your own ranks (or reacting to those deficiencies by pointing out someone elses) is a clear sign of partisanship, IMO.

And I hate partisans.

Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere
Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jul 7, 2007
Visit site
✟7,670.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey...Hey... HEY!

What's the idea hot linking to my blog?!?!?!

^_^

Oh, by the way, This is Patrick from PoliticalByline.com

How ya doin'? ;)

I done yelled at one guy today for such a thing and what happens? MY OWN PEOPLE do the same thing! D'oh! :doh:

Anyhow, nice discussion.

Even it did involve thievery; ya dirty rotten s.o---- ahem, sorry.

*toddles off* :blush:

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I knew it! Herman Cain is a communist who wants to bring about the One World Government!

I am sure that his father was a card-carrying communist in the nation of Georgia, which at the time was part of the Soviet Union!:doh:

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To say that Obama should be treated differently than Bush was just because Obama is black most certainly IS racist.

yes...
Terrance, what evidence is there that these pictures predate the Obama ones? What date is associated with them and how do we know that?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Terrance, what evidence is there that these pictures predate the Obama ones? What date is associated with them and how do we know that?

Besides my memory of seeing the first one posted years ago?

None really, what do you think theres a great conspiracy to go out and make witchdoctor pictures of bush?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Besides my memory of seeing the first one posted years ago?
Do you remember the context?

None really, what do you think theres a great conspiracy to go out and make witchdoctor pictures of bush?
Maybe, I wouldn't put it past some people (not you) to whip some up just to prove that right-wingers can't possibly be racist somehow. I've heard the claim that these existed, but I don't recall any at the time (not that I was looking for them then).

Upvote 0