Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

All that the Father gives to Jesus. Not everyone that reads the Bible, or prays or anything. Only the ones that the Father gives him he will not cast out.

I think the Father didn't gave me to Jesus. I've lost my faith. I though I was called by God last year when I read some verses during a crisis, and then I bought a Bible started to read it. I started praying. Writing about Jesus.

But I think I wasn't called. I feel nothing. Only emptiness. I have nothing. No friends. No wife. No nothing.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

All that the Father gives to Jesus. Not everyone that reads the Bible, or prays or anything. Only the ones that the Father gives him he will not cast out.

I think the Father didn't gave me to Jesus. I've lost my faith. I though I was called by God last year when I read some verses during a crisis, and then I bought a Bible started to read it. I started praying. Writing about Jesus.

But I think I wasn't called. I feel nothing. Only emptiness. I have nothing. No friends. No wife. No nothing.
Prayers for you ...

Be careful how you understand Scripture. It also says that God desires for ALL to be saved and to come to repentance.

I realize there are some radical segments that teach it, but there has never been any understanding through many centuries of Christianity that a person could come sincerely to God and He would refuse to receive them, just because they were "not chosen". That is NOT the nature of God we know, not the Christ we know.

And our feelings can be deceptive. It is very fertile ground for the enemy to easily tempt us to despair. They are not the reality of God.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Hi Guerrier, your desire to know God and to come to faith in Him is an excellent sign that something's going on in your life spiritually, and that God has had everything to do with it :) Faith, BTW, is NOT a feeling (though emotions are often involved at times), it's a fact, and a choice on your part to trust and believe that God will save you from your sins and your sinful self, just like He promised us He would (by His gracious choice to do so on the basis of His Son's life, death and resurrection, IOW, on the basis of the things He did for us/in our stead).

BTW, He doesn't ask you to improve yourself before coming to faith, that happens afterwards (just like we don't ask the physically sick to get better before they come to the hospital). In fact, God is in the business of saving the ungodly/wicked who come to Him in faith knowing they need a Savior (not the self-righteous, who think they have no need of a Savior .. e.g. Mark 2:17):

Romans 4
5 To the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

So come to Him now, just the way you are, and let Him take care of the rest. Quite frankly, if we could make the necessary changes and improvements ourselves, Jesus would have never had to come here and die that horrible death on the Cross for us.

IOW, look to Jesus :preach:

Confess your sins to Him and ask Him to forgive you of them. Surrender the reins of you life to Him (giving Him control over your life) by asking Him to become your Lord and Savior, trusting that He always knows far better than you do what's best for you and your life. And ask to be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Oh, and find a church to be a member of immediately, where you can hear the word of God preached, partake of the sacraments (Lord's Supper/Baptism), worship God corporately, function as a member of the body of Christ, and have regular fellowship with other believers (you need us AND we need you :) .. read 1 Corinthians 12).

I can promise you that you will not be lonely any longer if you do so. You'll be too busy and have too many friends in Christ for that :)

Praying for you!

In Christ,
David
p.s. - I could use another friend, so please PM me if you'd like to, whenever you'd like to!

Romans 10
9 If you confess with your mouth, Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

But I think I wasn't called. I feel nothing. Only emptiness. I have nothing. No friends. No wife. nothing.

You may be wrong or right. But if you want emptiness forever, run from God! Lots of people have only online friends. If you go to church and meet people, be friendly. Take up a hobby. And read How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.

“You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”
- Dale Carnegie

“Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn—and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
- Dale Carnegie

“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
- Dale Carnegie

I'll be praying for you.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It is very fertile ground for the enemy to easily tempt us to despair.
So very true.

But will Guerrier continue to build upon the truth? Will Guerrier agree with God's statements of the early walk? Statements such as:

'Resist the Devil and he will flee from you'
(James 4:7)

'Then Jesus said to them, “Don’t you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? The farmer sows the word. Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—some thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times what was sown.”
(Mark 4:13-20)

[Jesus] did not say anything to them without using a parable. But when he was alone with his own disciples, he explained everything.
(Mark 4:34)

These are trying times which Jesus said that 'men's hearts will fail them for fear'. Do we expect to run the Christian life free from any burden whatsoever? If yours seems overwhelming, well, I don't doubt that but I have good news for you, it wasn't God who is creating nor withholding happiness from you. Listen once more to the most pleasant promise for the Christian to hear:

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
(Matthew 11:28-30)

The overwhelming burden you are experiencing isn't from the Lord as we see here, it is because we have awoken to the endless possibilities of this dark place in humanity, but now is the time 'cast all our care upon Him, for he careth for you'

'For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.'

(1 John 3:20)

'Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto you are also called'
(1 Timothy 6:12)

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,907.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

There are four steps of faith to salvation:
1. Accept that you are a lost sinner deserving of judgment and hell. "It is appointed unto man once to die and after that the judgement"
2. Believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died for you on the cross and rose again to give you eternal life. In Acts two the crowd were struck to heart by Peter's preaching and cried out, "Men and brethren, what shall we do to be saved?" Peter replied, "Believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He rose from the dead and you shall be saved." Paul told the Philippian jailor when he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" Paul replied, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved along with your household."
3. Accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour and receive forgiveness for all your sins. "Come let us reason together. Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."
4. Start living the Christian life, trusting the Holy Spirit to lead you on the path to sanctification and holiness.

If you go through those steps, you will be saved regardless of how you feel in yourself. Salvation is through faith alone in Christ. Use your faith first and the assurance will follow. Don't wait for assurance first before you use your faith. Hebrews says that faith is the evidence of things not seen and the assurance of things hoped for. Your faith will give you the assurance of salvation. The Holy Spirit will give you the sense of assurance once you have established your faith in Christ. It is not what you feel in yourself, it is your faith in Christ through the promises of God in His Word, the Bible. "By grace you are saved through faith. It is not of yourself. It is the gift of God to you."

• Winner
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

You have the Lord, the Bible, your family who provide for you food/shelter/water etc. You have many family members if you have placed your faith/trust in the Lord...
even though we live far apart, we are together in the Body of Christ...we too are
your family.

Be thankful for the "extras" that you do have...
You have access to some sort of tech device to which you can access the internet.
You have transportation...and or the ability to go from one place to another.
The ability to communicate, see, hear, touch etc.

Many struggle with their illnesses and disabilities...some of them be married and some aren't...the same thing applies with people who are "healthy"...not all of them are married and have faithful friends.
I've worked in health care and I know the struggles singles have with their illnesses
and or disabilities....I know the struggles those who are married have with their
illnesses and or disabilities.

If I recall correctly you're living with your family because you struggle with mental
illnesses? and you said that it's bad and it keeps you pretty much home bound and
dependent upon your parents and that you're unable to work.

It do sound like your medication is numbing your emotions...I worked in health
care for a long and I heard the same things from patients who were on meds for
their mental illnesses....they say they don't feel nothing.

Don't base your salvation on feelings...and or being able to "feel saved"...
we are to know we are saved because we put our trust in Jesus.
The scriptures don't teach us to follow our feelings, nor do it teach us to trust
our feelings. We are to put our trust in the Lord and in The Word of God.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lord'sWarrior
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I though I was called by God last year when I read some verses during a crisis, and then I bought a Bible started to read it. I started praying. Writing about Jesus.

But I think I wasn't called. I feel nothing. Only emptiness.
Don't overlook the necessity of persistence. Read the parable of the persistent widow in Luke 18, for one example. She had to go again and again to the judge before he finally granted protection.

Reading a few verses, making a confession, is fine. Many have been saved that way. But even then, we need to progress in the faith. It's not something we comfortably possess as we go about our own pursuits. It consumes us as we seek to get closer to the One we love, who first loved us, who Himself is Love (1Jn 4).

Don't be surprised that the way is not easy or quick, and do not take difficulty or opposition as a sign you have not been called. The Father is not willing that any should perish, but that all should repent (2Pet 3.9), and you can bank on it that His invitation is open to you regardless of how you feel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pastor-Kings

Jul 29, 2017
Lagos
✟16,042.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The Knowledge of the Most Holy is understandable my friend. It is frustrating to seem to know what you are looking for, but be unable to explain it well enough to be understood. Having to be guided by the scripture which contradicts itself, to a truth which you must find to live, is a huge task. Seek no more my friend, you have found that which you are seeking for. The contradictions started from Genesis. The Genesis account of the fall of man presented the GOD as an enemy of man, while positioning the serpent as the lover of man, also positioning GOD as a liar, which is a lie, GOD cannot be mocked.

Genesis 1:26-27
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

compare with

Genesis 3:22
And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

and

1 John 1:5
... that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Also compare
Genesis 6:6
And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
with
Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent...

I wouldn't want to go against the rules of the forum by going further. But I can shed some true lights to your questions. Peace be unto you.

Attachments

• Hosea 4-6 flyer.jpg
    Hosea 4-6 flyer.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0