✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

A top adviser to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said that Pyongyang will not engage in the type of talks seen last year, when Kim met with US President Donald Trump in Hanoi, despite the rapport the two leaders have developed.

In a statement published in English by North Korean state media, Kim Kye Gwan said Pyongyang believed it has been "deceived by the US" and said the US has wasted the last eighteen months, in which little progress has been made on denuclearization.

His comments come amid increasing uncertainty about the future of any nuclear talks between the two states, after an initial burst of rapprochement which saw Kim Jong Un meet with both Trump and South Korean President Moon Jae-in. In a New Year's address, Kim said his country will "never" denuclearize if the US does not retreat from what North Korea regards as Washington's "hostile policy" towards Pyongyang.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do not worry about war or rumors of war, for all these things must happen to bring the glory of God to Earth.

Not really something the OP will find comforting.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No previous president, all the way back to Truman, ever even tried to sit down and negotiate with North Korea. Where it ends, we won't know any time soon, but at least Trump started the ball rolling.
I'm sure Trumps interests were more on 'how do I become dictator for life like Kim' than 'how do I get Kim to disarm'.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
No previous president, all the way back to Truman, ever even tried to sit down and negotiate with North Korea. Where it ends, we won't know any time soon, but at least Trump started the ball rolling.

We went from refusing to talk to North Korea to North Korea refusing to talk to us under Trump. Trump gave them the leverage we used to have. Trump failed on this one.

• Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No previous president, all the way back to Truman, ever even tried to sit down and negotiate with North Korea.

There's a reason for that.

Where it ends, we won't know any time soon, but at least Trump started the ball rolling.

Indeed -- he started with bombastic threats, laterally oozed over to fawning praise, and ended his role in it with egg on his face.

• Winner
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0