✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
393. We announce him!

The mission of evangelization is the summit of what a person can bring to the world. Evangelization is taking the beauty of the Word of God, of his Eucharist and transmitting holiness to each person. John shares his testimony:
“What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us.” 1 John, chapter 1, verse 3a

John is precise: “We proclaim now to you.” To announce Jesus, to announce the message that he offers us, to announce his presence in the Word and the Eucharist, saves us. The world needs to hear it. This is the ultimate need of the world.

We’re privileged people to go to Mass, to receive the word of God and the Eucharist, the Body of Christ. We cannot imagine how much we receive graces on graces in abundance. God fills us up.

We’re called as John to announce the Love of God for every person, without exception. John knows what he’s talking about:
“It is this disciple (John) who testifies to these things and has written them, and we know that his testimony is true.” John, chapter 21, verse 24

John had a special relationship with Jesus and he invites us to live the same relationship with the Lord. The way to remain united to Jesus is that we make him known.

The more people around the world believe, the more we’ll be able to support each other in faith and stay in Jesus. It’s vital for us to announce Jesus to the world. This is the true testimony: for Jesus to be known.

Book: Let's evangelize
Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
394. The foundation is Christ

As soon as we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, that we are baptized, and decide to follow Jesus and allow others to discover the gospel, we progress in faith. We progress in the faith as we live a personal and progressive involvement with Jesus, for the world. Paul supports this idea:
“With Christ Jesus himself as the capstone.” Ephesians, chapter 2, verse 20

Everything is built from and on the foundation of Christ:
“Through him the whole structure is held together and grows into a temple sacred in the Lord” Ephesians, chapter 2, verse 21

More clearly, it is Christ who is the real builder of his Church. But what is exceptional is that he needs us all, without exception. He needed Antony of Padua, the present Pope, Catherine of Siena, Bernard of Clairvaux, and many holy persons whom we may know. Paul confirms it to us:
“In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.” Ephesians, chapter 2, verse 22

Let’s be assured that Jesus has come for us all, and that we all receive equally. The Trinity gives so much Love to every person who receives it. Let’s give thanks to God, who keeps us in his Merciful Love.

We don’t know how to ask Jesus to be with us and help us? Let’s ask him in our heart and let’s be sure he’s heard us. Let’s prepare to receive him well and let him transform us from the inside. Let’s allow some time, before seeing the new shoots. Let’s be patient, we will rejoice.

It’s 100% sure, as soon as we ask Jesus to help us, to be with us, he’s there, since he wasn’t elsewhere. Let’s welcome Jesus! He is here with us.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
395. With Jesus

In what Jesus shares with us now, there’s a clear contrast between the smallness of the mustard seed and its growth:
“It is the smallest of all the seeds, yet when full-grown it is the largest of plants.” Matthew, chapter 13, verse 32

To welcome Jesus in our life seems to be nothing at first. Sometimes it can take time, years to develop like mustard seed. While the Lord is preparing our heart, he invites us to patience before discovering the result. It’s official that the Lord works in our life. Let’s allow time and improve with good values, waiting for the results.

Let’s learn to feel the presence of Jesus in us. Let’s get small by inner observation. May Jesus grow in us. Then let him touch people’s hearts.

We don’t think we have a lot of resources in view of the scale of evangelization.

Let’s take one step at a time. Let’s be silent in ourselves for months and years. Let’s listen to Jesus. Then we’ll be able to better observe and to evangelize the world. We’ll only have to discover and understand the issues in the world now. We’ll be gradually aware of all the challenges that it entails.

But we cannot do anything alone. On the one hand, we need the community of the Church, to learn the means to evangelize. Then, with the help of the Holy Spirit, we will develop various dimensions and goals of evangelization. Even more, for all these stages, we need the Trinity.

The Father creates the seed, the Holy Spirit sprinkles it and gives it nutrients and Jesus carries it to hearts that are hungry and thirsty for Love and all its manifestations; joy, peace, mercy, hope, etc. The seed in us, with the wisdom of God, will give fruit in its time.

We may not see the results, but God sees everything and he knows when we’re walking with him for the salvation of people. With Jesus, we’ll get there.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
396. Evangelize with Jesus

Jesus calls for humility

“What profit would there be for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? Or what can one give in exchange for his life?” Matthew, chapter 16, verse 26

This message is very important if we want to work (evangelize) with Jesus. During his visit, he showed us how difficult it is to move into a world where many people stay away from God. It’s in this world that we’re sent, because God Loves people, always.

Jesus would like to gather all the sheep:
“How many times I yearned to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her young under her wings, but you were unwilling!” Matthew, chapter 23, verse 37

That’s what Jesus wants us to understand. It is he who saves, it is he who converts. Jesus wants us in his mission, but he doesn’t want us to be living the mission alone. He’s the one who guides and leads his people, his family, to eternal life.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
397. Succession

Sometimes, when we have worked on a mission and we don’t see a succession on the horizon, we wonder who will continue the work. Jesus has always worked, he has always found witnesses of faith. He will continue to find some.

Let’s never think that it is our mission, but Jesus who sends us in a mission to evangelize.

A little push toward Jesus and it doesn’t take more so that each person feels Loved and becomes transformed, respecting their own pace. Only Jesus can win the world, to the extent that people in the world turn to him:
“I myself will look after and tend my sheep.” Ezekiel, chapter 34, verse 11

How difficult it is to leave him his sheep. To take charge of Jesus’s sheep is to stand before him, when it’s better to let him reach hearts.

Are we disappointed of people who don’t seem to be converting to God? The question would be: Do we try and do too much? Do we take Jesus’s place? Do we leave him his people? We then become bridges between the world and Jesus as soon as we understand that he’s the Evangelizer, he’ll convert.

God himself says that it is he who brings back the sheep. Let’s be happy to serve as his research instruments. And let the Holy Spirit touch their hearts:
“The lost I will seek out, the strayed I will bring back, the injured I will bind up, the sick I will heal.” Ezekiel, chapter 34, verse 16

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
398. Listen

“Listen to my voice; then I will be your God and you shall be my people. Walk in all the ways that I command you, so that you may prosper.” Jeremiah, chapter 7, verse 23

We wish to be happy. We ardently want to be of the family of God. It’s good to be told, “Listen to my voice; then, I will be your God and you shall be my people,” my family. We’re happy.

God invites us to follow the prescribed path. What is the prescribed path? Eliminate what makes us stumble, get away from what leads to evil, keep away from taking something for granted, stop wanting to control, let go of all that is useless, etc., trust, and live in peace and joy.

The resolve to focus on Christ is the only prescribed path. If we embark resolutely on following Jesus, we will want to convert more to him. Do we want to have Jesus as our Lord and Saviour and trust in him completely?

To trust in Jesus is essential. That too is our mission. Let’s take the path he prescribes. Jesus tells us:
“I am the way, the truth and the life.” John, chapter 14, verse 6

He did not say he’s the obstacle, the lie and the death. Jesus said he is “the way, the truth and the life”.

To get away from the way, the truth and the life in God is to harm us, then to harm others. It’s important to ask God for the grace to remain in his joy. Let’s ask for the grace to stay with Jesus.
We are created for Jesus, we’re created for Love.

Book: Joy in heaven!
Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
399. My heart is ready

Let’s say together with all saints:
“My heart is steadfast, God, my heart is steadfast. I will sing and chant praise.” Psalm 57, verse 8

It’s a testimony to sing, to play hymns to God. We know it, when we’re helpful, when we adjust our life to that of God, our heart is in joy and it wants to “sing and play hymns”.

Let’s add this passage:
“I will praise you among the peoples, Lord; I will chant your praise among the nations.” Psalm 57, verse 10

When we love, we want to share the joy of love that we have and especially to mention the person who gives us this love. When we love a person, his name doesn’t bother us. The name of Jesus cannot displease us. Love does not displease.

With God, we want to give thanks (thank him) everywhere and at all times, since we know that Love comes from him. We want to share the joy of the Love we receive from God, because it makes us live and transforms us to the point of experiencing joy in abundance! The desire to love the neighbour of the Love of God is the sign that we understand the mission in which Jesus engages us.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
400. God Loves through us

Here is Jesus’s command:
“Love one another as I love you.” John, chapter 15, verse 12

To love allows Jesus to recognize us as his:
“You are my friends if you do what I command you.” John, chapter 15, verse 14
But we should also learn how to convey who Jesus is and that he Loves us forever.

Beloved, we are. We are created by Love and to live his Love between us. Receiving Jesus’s love and sharing on whom he really is, allows us to become friends of the Shepherd in the Covenant. And we’re fulfilling the same mission that Jesus came to live during his stay at the heart of our reality.

The mission is to receive Jesus, to be happily saturated and evangelization is to allow others to taste his presence that overflows us by thoughts, words and gestures. We’re free to evangelize Love. Let’s not burden ourselves with evil. Let’s give the heaviness to Jesus and continue to radiate Love that circulates in our lives.

Jesus came to Love us and if we love thanks to him, we offer what he has offered us, his Love for humanity. Let’s love God and God in one’s neighbour so that we may learn to love ourselves too.

Let’s love God? Well, it’s impossible to love God, since Love comes from him. As it is written in the book Let’s be Loved, Paths 34 - 40, God gives us his Love and we cannot give him back his gift. But he asks us if he can go through us so that his gift of Love passes from our heart onto and in the hearts of others. And what great joy to let God Love through us! This is proof that we accept his Love and let him pass to heal and convert the neighbours.

The mission knocks on the door of evangelization when we’re like a sponge that’s saturated with the Love of God. Evangelization knocks on the door of the heart of the people when we let God Love. The evangelization of Jesus’s message is completed by the reception of the message of salvation by the other person.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
401. Graces

Paul discovers the graces, since he lives united with God:
There are different kinds of spiritual gifts but the same Spirit; there are different forms of service but the same Lord; there are different workings but the same God who produces all of them in everyone. 1 Corinthians, chapter 12, verses 4 to 6

Gifts, services and activities are graces when they are intimately related to God and practised according to his will. The graces are revealed by the good, the beautiful, the real and true in the world. The sharing, health care workers, those who pray, and everything that can help a person is related to the graces and gifts that God gives us.

Assistance to people in poverty, attention to persecuted people, to those who don’t live their lives naturally and get bogged down in drugs or lies, among others, that conflict against the deep nature of people, paying them attention is a means of encouraging them and leading them to the graces they receive, but of which, too often, they no longer believe in, since they see them less or lacking in their surroundings.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
402. Grace for all

Paul tells us:
The grace of God has appeared, saving all and training us to reject godless ways and worldly desires and to live temperately, justly, and devoutly in this age, as we await the blessed hope, the appearance of the glory of the great God and of our saviour Jesus Christ. Titus, chapter 2, verses 11 to 13

The grace of God is for all people. Grace is present, it is active, it makes us holy. It teaches us to reject sin and the passions of this world. Being passionate is good in itself. But Paul places certain passions as evil.

What are the passions and sins today that lead to evil? Indifference, rejection, judgment, gluttony, disordered passions, hatred, and so on, what in our life prevents us from fully receiving the grace of God? Let’s refuse sin. By asking God to help us free ourselves from everything that hinders our life to be free, we’ll discover or rediscover more and more the beauty and power of God’s grace.

By doing our part to allow the grace of God to pass through our lives, we offer ourselves the chance to advance in faith and to live in an intimate and deep relationship with him.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
402. Grace for all

Paul tells us:
The grace of God has appeared, saving all and training us to reject godless ways and worldly desires and to live temperately, justly, and devoutly in this age, as we await the blessed hope, the appearance of the glory of the great God and of our saviour Jesus Christ. Titus, chapter 2, verses 11 to 13

The grace of God is for all people. Grace is present, it is active, it makes us holy. It teaches us to reject sin and the passions of this world. Being passionate is good in itself. But Paul places certain passions as evil.

What are the passions and sins today that lead to evil? Indifference, rejection, judgment, gluttony, disordered passions, hatred, and so on, what in our life prevents us from fully receiving the grace of God? Let’s refuse sin. By asking God to help us free ourselves from everything that hinders our life to be free, we’ll discover or rediscover more and more the beauty and power of God’s grace.

By doing our part to allow the grace of God to pass through our lives, we offer ourselves the chance to advance in faith and to live in an intimate and deep relationship with him.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
404. The testimony of God

John tells us:
“If we accept human testimony, the testimony of God is surely greater. Now the testimony of God is this, that he has testified on behalf of his Son.” 1 John, chapter 5, verse 9

The testimonies are multiple. When a team wins in hockey, we value, in the newspapers, the effort and commitment of the players. When there is a traffic accident, the witnesses say what they saw.

When people go on a visit to a natural environment that is breathtaking, they are in front of something different. Nature raises our spirit, it isn’t invented by humans. Nature is there, simply, with its beauties, its colours, its diversity of species.

Another adventure, another testimony comes to disrupt the course of history. That of the Creator to Moses, who calls himself “I am”, God. Then the evangelists and many other people testified about Jesus and this continues today. Each person’s testimony will reveal one aspect or another of what they have seen and heard. Our testimony of faith reminds us that God is always there, present with us and continues to Love us.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
405. They are One

There is also God’s testimony to his Son. The Father recognizes himself in his Son. They are One. Now, what the Father says of the Son is the summit as testimony. John confirms it:
“This is the testimony: God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Whoever possesses the Son has life; whoever does not possess the Son of God does not have life.” 1 John, chapter 5, verses 11 to 12

The Son is one with us, taking flesh of the Virgin Mary. He pays homage to our human nature, since humanity is his jewel. He wants to bring us back to him.

It’s a privilege for humanity to receive Jesus, but sometimes, because of sin, people don’t do justice to God. Jesus has come to bring us back to the purity of God.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
407. Joy

Many people live the poverty of not being in joy. God tells us:
“There shall always be rejoicing and happiness in what I create; for I create Jerusalem to be a joy and its people to be a delight; I will rejoice in Jerusalem and exult in my people.” Isaiah, chapter 65, verses 18 to 19

God creates every second, He creates us right now. We’re in the constant creation of God. Let’s repeat what God says: “Rejoice, exult without end for what I create.”

He creates. He offers us to be in joy, to live with his joy, here and now. We have every reason to rejoice when we think of God, when we do our best to work in his vineyard, when we place our trust and life in him.

Let’s exult, because God is present with us, God feeds us and showered us with truth and graces.

The authentic journey is to place our faith in Jesus. We can already be in God’s joy and exult to know that Jesus is life and he invites us to live eternally with the Trinity.

Every day we have reasons to rejoice to know that God is with us, if we place our life and the lives of our family, friends and everyone we meet in his hands.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
408. We see God

As Jesus said in the Beatitudes:
“Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.” Matthew, chapter 5, verse 8

It’s important to see God one day, if not in our time, in eternity. To see him, let’s let God turn our heart into a pure heart.

To see God, let’s welcome his Love into our life and accept to joyfully share our experience of faith. The more we share the Love received from God, the more it grows in us. The more the flower receives sun, water and nutrients from the soil, the more it will grow and offer the beauty it receives from God, for the eyes of passers-by.

Let’s not be afraid to be so much in Jesus that he will show himself to us. And for people who have never seen Jesus, it’s not a lack, it’s only because Jesus is so close to their heart that he doesn’t seem to be perceptible to their senses.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
409. Intense joy

Seeing God doesn’t necessarily mean seeing him with our eyes. We can see him with the eyes of the heart, in the good deeds of people, in us and in all that is realized of good, beautiful and true in the world. The pure heart is to become like a child, to shed oneself of what isn’t necessary, of what keeps us captive.

To see Jesus is to see Love and to see Love is to see the Trinity. Humanly, with our eyes we do not see Love. But the Love we receive from God is what motivates us during life. We all seek love when the Love of God is offered for free. As soon as we feel the true, pure, real love, we actually receive the Love that comes from God, which comes from Jesus.

Then, there was a multitude of people who had the privilege of knowing Jesus, who had the deep and intense joy of entering into a deep relationship with him.

We may have had this chance to feel Jesus’s presence in our heart, to discover his person in our lives and to understand that he is the Master and Lord, then to grasp that his only judgment is his Love, that he Loves us with a total and definitive Love.

Paul gives us the purpose of faith. In Christ Jesus:
“You are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the holy ones and members of the household of God.” Ephesians, chapter 2, verse 19

Do we believe it? In Jesus, we become saints, people of his family? Let’s share what we lived with the Trinity. It’s a good time to testify.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
410. The nobility of work

How much time is spent at work, how many dialogues are there between two employees on multiple topics? It can also become an opportunity to slowly and gradually implant an important topic of faith.

In Genesis, God says that we will work at the sweat of our forehead. But this reality happened after the human got scared of God.

In fact, when we walk with Jesus, it’s no longer a job, much less forehead sweat, it becomes a vocation. It’s works, and it is time and energy. But it’s really different with Jesus.

When we are on a mission with Jesus, it’s no longer a job, it’s to let God be God in our life, to let Jesus be in our heart and to share his Love with others. How sweet! For the rest of the work and because of sin, yes, it’s through the sweat of our forehead.

The more we achieve his will, the more we’ll discover Jesus in our lives and in those of others.

By becoming workers of Jesus, we help the world to find him. It would be nice if each person had a little something to realize, simply, for evangelization in their environment. Only through prayer, we participate in evangelization. There are also other ways. The Lord hires all the time. Let’s ask him to work in his vineyard.

Book: Here, where we are
Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
411. Pray for his people

On the road:
“They went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the word through accompanying signs.” Mark, chapter 16, verse 20

As soon as we think about the people around us who don’t walk, who don’t pray, who don’t go to Mass, Jesus invites us to the mission. He offers us the Holy Spirit, so that we may be little igniters of love in all hearts.

We can pray for his people, give them to Jesus, love them from a distance. And above all, send them the Holy Spirit every day that is given to us to transform their lives and to embellish their hearts.

The Holy Spirit is the breeze of fresh air that we can send to the people we love, to our children, so that the oxygen of their faith can be cleansed and cleared.
May the Holy Spirit invade every person we love.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
412. Sowing widely

“Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.” 2 Corinthians, chapter 9, verse 6

It’s Paul who tells us that! It’s true in the garden as in life. The more we sow what we have and who we are, even with smaller seeds, the more we’ll harvest or others will reap the fruit of our labour. Let’s check that we receive everything from Jesus:
“For you know the gracious act of our Lord Jesus Christ, that for your sake he became poor although he was rich, so that by his poverty you might become rich.” 2 Corinthians, chapter 8, verse 9

Jesus confirms it to us, he knows that the Father will restore it to us a hundredfold:
“When you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, so that you may not appear to be fasting, except to your Father who is hidden. And your Father who sees what is hidden will repay you.” Matthew, chapter 6, verse 17

Let’s offer what is most precious for a mission that is precious to God, for the salvation of all people. God gives to us accordingly to what we offer of him.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟141,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
413. Love is transmitted

The saints give freely:
“Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will preserve it for eternal life.” John, chapter 12, verse 25

God’s Love costs nothing. It’s always transmitted in freedom and it joins the freedom of the person who receives it.

We are invited to offer 100% of what we receive from God. If we think we cannot give a lot, let’s give 100% of the little we can offer. The Lord will be happy because we give the maximum of what we can:
“God loves a cheerful giver. Moreover, God is able to make every grace abundant for you, so that in all things, always having all you need, you may have an abundance for every good work.” 2 Corinthians, chapter 9, verses 7 to 8
It’s quite special that we have so many graces and overabundance, because God doesn’t know how to count. He gives too much, and after having given everything, we still have some superfluous to do all kinds of good.

For children, when they share their candies, candies disappear quickly. The more they share, the less they have and the little bag becomes empty. It’s different for what God gives us. Even though we share God’s Love, the more we share it, the more we receive. Then, we have forevermore.

Many of the holy people we met showed to us by their lives that God’s Love was possible and easy to share. This is the easiest thing to offer. Their hearts were swollen with the divine sap that overflows on their surroundings.

There’s no question of tests of strength or exhausting us too much wanting to convert the world, in what Jesus offers us, but to share what he himself offers us simply for the faith of people.

To love one’s life is selfish, it’s to take it strictly on oneself. But to offer what we receive from God, to be just, is to become more and more generous with the Love we receive from him. The more experience we have in transmitting what God gives us, the more we develop ways for him to pass through us, to the hearts of people.

We are created to offer the Love of our life, the Love of God, in abundance. Sharing the graces (evangelization), we receive (mission) from God is the summit of the mission.

The love that nourishes and water our life, when it’s lived happily, gives good fruit in abundance. All people can come to feed and drink from our tree filled with fruit. Then we will tell them that these fruits are provided by God to feed them.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0