Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
356. Let's sow peace

Jesus said to the disciples and Apostles:
“As you enter a house, wish it peace. If the house is worthy, let your peace come upon it; if not, let your peace return to you.” Matthew, chapter 10, verses 12 to 13

This affirmation of Jesus, “Let your peace return to you,” is twice comforting and once disappointing.

It’s twice comforting because it guarantees us that the peace we offer will bring Jesus’s peace to the person who receives it. It's nice to know that when we do good, it transforms people. This brings us joy and that’s the second comforting.
Peace, joy, hope, love and the other goods that God offers are free and they are to share with great deployment. The world is improving day by day with those graces received from God.

What is disappointing is that it’s possible that people do not want it. Hard to believe that a person would refuse God’s graces. But that seems possible. We will find it painful for this person.

The grace of God will not be lost since it’s already there. If what we offer comes from God and not from us, and if the person refuses the graces, we’re sure not to lose peace. It’s a sign that we’re working with Jesus and not for our own sake to add a number of conversions to our acquisition rather than giving to the person their freedom and responsibility to choose. God leaves him his freedom and his responsibility, we must also leave it to him.

Let's pray for him and give him to Jesus. Let's continue the road with the Trinity in search of interested souls who ask for a little push, a small encouragement of sweetness and accompaniment.

Book: Up! Let's go!
Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
357. Implementation of the mission

The saints sometimes had to leave a lot, they had to deprive themselves of the “well-being” that they had acquired and they started following Jesus. They agree to let their person be formed, to change their rules of conduct. They let themselves be led by Jesus. They remain the same, but they improve inside, when they accept the Lord’s presence. From the outside, we will be able to perceive the light of God, especially in their eyes.

Some will say that they let themselves be led by the ear. With God, this is never the case. When the saints follow Love, it’s easy to be attracted and to adhere freely. They follow the Shepherd to the enclosure of peace. Paul states:
“I, then, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live in a manner worthy of the call you have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love, striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace”. Ephesians, chapter 4, verses 1 to 3

Let's place our interests in something lasting, in the Heart of Jesus. Let’s set ourselves the task of bringing our interest received from the Lord to as many people as possible, so that our heavenly bank-building spiritual capital increases.

The more we find people who walk and pray with us, the more we’ll increase our chances of remaining firmly anchored in Christ. Let’s evangelize to receive from God and receive from others and evangelize ... again.

The evangelists realized their evangelization by writing, painters by painting. And us? What will be the defect that we can transform or the quality, by the grace of God, which will be used as a springboard of holiness for us and for our neighbor?

May we offer our failings to Jesus and he will come and have a meal with us. He will then entrust us with the grace to watch over his flock.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
358. The best possible intentions

The first condition for the evangelizer, after a sincere encounter with Christ, is to put one step in front of the other and to go forward, to place one word after the other, in the best possible intentions, and to share them is to use one's arms and legs, one's heart to reach and embrace the hearts of others.

The idea here is crystal clear. This sentence of Paul is a reminder of his meeting with the Lord and the precise moment when he decided to train for the mission and to evangelize: “The Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the proclamation might be completed and all the Gentiles might hear it”.

We’re invited to the same evangelization as Paul, by who we are and where we are. It takes “me”, “us”, with the evangelizers, with Jesus.

The Holy Spirit promises to help us, after our agreement and the decision to walk, to offer us his strength to proclaim the Gospel everywhere and “all the Gentiles might hear it”. It's major. The decision to evangelize allows God's action to unfold within us and to assist us. We will observe and feel the difference.

The decision to evangelize will prepare us to receive what we need for the journey of evangelization. Let’s be evangelized by God, then let him evangelize from our heart.

Let's feel what is said here:
“Lord, I am your servant, the child of your maidservant; you have loosed my bonds. I will offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people, in the courts of the house of the Lord, in your midst, O Jerusalem. Hallelujah!” Psalm 116, verses 16 to 19

In the church and in the world, I will give thanks to the Lord by telling his wonders. Let’s become servants of the Word of God and let's go, and evangelize!

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
359. As sweet as lambs

The setting in motion to evangelize will become strength and salvation of God, with God.

Jesus tells us to pray:
“The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest.” Luke, chapter 10, verse 2

The two quotes are one. Let’s pray to the Trinity and act. Since the following sentence is:
“Go on your way; behold, I am sending you like lambs among wolves.” Luke, chapter 10, verse 3

We seem to have nothing at first, but we have the Lord; we have everything. Let's not be afraid to challenge gently, with respect and charity and many wolves will become as sweet as lambs again.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
360. The effects of grace

Paul informs us:
“Working together, then, we appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain.” 2 Corinthians, chapter 6, verse 1

It’s never a waste of time to spend time with God, especially if we know how to discover Jesus and recognize the manifestations of God's Love in the hearts of others. The grace of God is found in a contact with other people.

The most beautiful mission is the works with God. We sometimes think that spending time with God keeps us away from precious time with our family. But, we can easily unite both. This will improve the lives of everyone in the family without adding pressure. It’s possible to always live with God, whatever we do. Our journey will be filled with wisdom and meaning.

Every moment of our life can be transformed into thanksgiving when God is present in our activities, as in restful moments. Our entire life can bear witness to the presence of God.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
361. Naturally

A testimony isn’t only when we tell about our conversion, but also when we live naturally with Jesus. This is what Jesus proposes in his speech on the mountain:
“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil.’” Matthew, chapter 5, verses 38 to 39

Often, our attitude testifies to the presence of Christ in us. We try our best not to react to hatred by hate, evil by evil. By not responding to evil with evil, we will help people to walk in faith.

May the Lord, through his Word, continue to be, with our agreement, the light that guides our steps and illuminates the road.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
362. The different intersections

Paul is familiar with us, he is also a brother in faith with Titus, so much so that he confides freely, simply. He tells him and to us too:
“He [God] revealed his word in the proclamation with which I was entrusted by the command of God our saviour.” Titus, chapter 1, verse 3

Paul mentions to Titus the proclamation of the Gospel entrusted to him. The mission, lived faith, begins with the meditation of the Word and then with the Eucharist. The mission is transformed into evangelization by shared faith, by the invitation to share at the crossroad.

The crossroad is the place of the encounter of faith with another believer or not. This crossroad encounter of faith is where we meet a person and we share faith spontaneously, without waiting in return. We sow. Then we leave it up to the Lord to continue to increase faith in the person we met.

This doesn’t necessarily mean the crossroad on street corners, though the idea is good, but also the crossroad of our families, our friends, at the crossroad with people in class, at work or in leisure time, in other parts of the city, everywhere and for all.

Book: Here, where we are
Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
363. Let’s listen with charity

When we walk, we notice that there’s always somewhere, often when we don’t expect it, a person who challenges us with a disconcerting question. Our first reaction would be to turn our defences on.

If these are people we meet again and, for the moment, we have no answer to their question, we can say, “I hear your question and will come back to you about it later.” It can take a week, a month, six months, but when we have the answer of a competent person, we can come back with an answer.

For example, someone tells us, “Why go to church?” Instead of highlighting defensive responses, let’s take time to think about it, find an answer, and then come back with the person. His question, he will have it again. The listening and the welcome that we realize is a mission. The answer we give, if it’s appropriate and can allow the person to walk, is evangelization.

May Jesus increase in us the faith to the point of becoming like trees letting themselves be rocked by the wind and let go their fruits. Let’s offer the fruits of faith at the crossroad of those who gather them.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
364. Encourage the effort

Paul meets us at the crossroad:
We give thanks to God always for all of you, remembering you in our prayers, unceasingly calling to mind your work of faith and labour of love and endurance in hope of our Lord Jesus Christ, before our God and Father. 1 Thessalonians, chapter 1, verses 2 to 3

There’s every reason to give thanks to God for those who persevere in the effort to walk in the faith. Then Paul reminds us to pray for one another. He sees that faith is growing. We could also say, “Our charity gives itself joy!” Even better. “The charity that we receive from God and that we share, fills us and others with joy!”

Our faith is active. This movement becomes more and more contagious. May charity unfold at the crossroad where there’s a meeting with each person, always in the joy of sharing the faith.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
365. It could look like this

Jesus seems to be more severe than Paul, when he speaks to some people:
“Woe to you, scribes and pharisees, you hypocrites. You lock the kingdom of heaven before human beings.” Matthew, chapter 23, verse 13

Jesus doesn’t say, “I will make you unhappy,” but if we follow his reasoning well, it could look like this: “You will become unhappy, since you do not open your heart to the presence of God and for that reason you don’t allow others to go through the door of the Kingdom of Heaven. You don’t offer them an opening.

You do not allow them to feed themselves. They are waiting at the door and you’re not talking about Jesus, the Love of God, the importance of being united to the Trinity.”

Let’s continue to let Jesus enter our hearts so that he can touch the hearts of others. May Jesus pass totally into our lives, then into the heart of who seeks him.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
366. My beloved

My dear child, this is how Paul calls his disciple Timothy:
“My dear child.” 2 Timothy, chapter 1, verse 2a

Paul wishes him all the best:
“To Timothy, my dear child: grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.” 2 Timothy, chapter 1, verse 2
Isn’t this what the Holy Spirit tells us?

In families, there are often these tender words between a parent and his child and between a child and his parents. It’s also true between friends. The words that come from the heart are a retransmission of the good received from God.

As for Timothy, after a disciple has well learned and is supported in the knowledge of the realities of heaven and lives a personal relationship with Jesus, he is sent, he becomes an evangelizer:
“Go on your way; behold, I am sending you like lambs among wolves. Carry no money bag, no sack, no sandals; and greet no one along the way.” Luke, chapter 10, verses 3 to 4
“Lambs among wolves” means that we mu
st be well prepared to become true missionaries. Lambs yes, but lambs that already have some experience.

Jesus does not send anybody. They are people who are already following him, studying what he teaches, people who are aware of the reality of others living in their environment. They are people who are walking the mission long enough that they develop the desire to evangelize.

May the Lord prepare us to join the people in respect and charity, outside the walls of our church and, of course, in the parish churches.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
367. Sheep < Jesus > wolves

Jesus said to those who want to evangelize: “Behold, I am sending you like lambs among wolves.”

As a first impression, it doesn’t seem very comforting. Why would Jesus send us among the wolves, like sheep who have no defences? Yet the image is very strong.

We must then discern of what sheep are unable to do. When sheep are in the pen, everything is fine, but a rancher would not send his animals among the wolves.

Jesus warns us and invites us to prudence and discernment. It’s as if he tells us to take some time, reflect, get used to observing the world we are in for to react and respond well to people who are on the same road as us.

But beyond all the precautions that we can give ourselves to properly embark on a mission, it’s vital that Jesus be first in front of us. Jesus must be the centre, the summit, and the foundation of all that we are called to do in the world.

Jesus must be in the centre, between us and the wolf. Us (sheep) < Jesus > wolf.

Jesus is our protection if we pray, if we evangelize with him, if we leave him room to touch hearts. Every mission begins with Jesus, is realized and continues with Jesus.

All that we can learn from Jesus and all the means that Jesus offers us are major for a mission worthy of a child of God, of a disciple who is like a sheep sent among today’s wolves. Let’s trust in Jesus and dare to take the path with him for the glory of God and the salvation of the world.

However, if we move away from Jesus, we give a hold to the wolves of this world; drugs, divination, possessions, etc. Moreover, all that we try to regulate, to possess, to manipulate, to destroy by ourselves, are the wolves who watch for us as soon as we leave the enclosure of the one who watches over us.

And even worse, we’ll go and say that it’s Jesus’s fault that he isn’t with us. As soon as this thought arises in us, let’s take it as an important signal. It’s time to turn away from evil and come back to Jesus. Let’s get back quickly and let’s love again. May we let go of all that holds us back and all we want to do without him. Let’s let Jesus defend us. He is the only one who can protect and save us.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
368. Remoteness

Sometimes we move, we go elsewhere. Let’s continue to follow Jesus and feel the need to join some new people, humbly. This is an opportunity to evangelize a new territory.

Let’s be more motivated to proclaim that Jesus is Lord:
The news about them reached the ears of the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas (to go) to Antioch. When he arrived and saw the grace of God, he rejoiced and encouraged them all to remain faithful to the Lord in firmness of heart, for he was a good man, filled with the Holy Spirit and faith. And a large number of people was added to the Lord. Acts, chapter 11, verses 22 to 24

Jesus reminds us to attach ourselves to him:
“My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” John, chapter 10, verse 27

Jesus’s sheep follow him. Where we have both feet, we can follow Jesus. It’s simple. The sheep who listen to Jesus’s voice becomes people who transmit their voice, so that the world may know and be guided by it. It’s the greatest of missions, to receive the voice of Jesus and to proclaim it. May we follow Jesus’s way and send faith waves out. To know the truth of Jesus and to help others discover it.

Another reason for receiving the voice of Jesus is that it transforms us from within. Jesus’s voice whom we welcome gives us peace and joy. His voice supports us in the most difficult moments of existence.

When we welcome Jesus’s voice, he unites us to him. And as Barnabas rejoiced over the members of the community, Jesus rejoices with us, since he recognizes his presence in us.

Mary is the best person who received Jesus in her, Word, flesh and royalty of Jesus. Let’s carry Jesus in us and share his joy.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
369. Let’s love the Word

If there’s a time in the history of the Church where evangelization is the most difficult and that the challenge is great, it’s when Paul and the Apostles begin to evangelize. They are determined to transmit the Good News.

In the book of Acts, they feel the joy of small daily achievements:
“The word of God continued to spread and grow.” Acts, chapter 12, verse 24
And:
“There were in the church at Antioch prophets and teachers.” Acts, chapter 13, verse 1

Two important points. When the Word of God is transmitted, it fecundates the hearts and multiplies vocations and members in the Church.

Then, what is prerequisite for the Word to be shared, people need to teach it. Today, too, it’s important that people share the word and invite others to share it. The more the Word of God is known and Loved, the more it will connect from heart to heart.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
370. Jesus saves

Jesus tells us:
“If anyone hears my words and does not observe them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save the world.” John, chapter 12, verse 47

It may be that a person does not adhere to the Word of Jesus. This is a pity, since the Word of Jesus is Spirit and Life. Jesus makes it clear that he did not come to judge people, but to save them.

It means that each person has to decide himself to follow Jesus or not.
Jesus does not condemn, he does not judge, it’s the person who will judge of his response to God. But it’s nevertheless strange that a person, knowingly, would refuse God’s Love.

We are invited to pray for all people in the world who do not yet know the Lord.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
371. Over the right side

The Apostles are on a mission. They become even dizzying for Temple officials:
“They were disturbed that they were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection of the dead.” Acts, chapter 4, verse 2

The Apostles understood very well what Jesus asked of them. Go everywhere and announce the Good News.

Moreover, Temple officials did not like the healings that were happening. They feared that this Good News might be the cause of the increase in the Christian population.

They try to prevent the spread of Christians as one would try to prevent Love from reaching the heart. But it’s impossible. They question Peter and John:
“They bring them into their presence and question them, "By what power or by what name have you done this?” Acts, chapter 4, verse 7

Peter answers:
“In the name of Jesus.” Acts, chapter 4, verse 10

Once again, these questions offer enlightening answers. Jesus is dead, but he is very alive. It’s normal for him to be in the heart and in the faith of the Apostles.
The Apostles may think at this moment of this spoken Word by Jesus:
“‘Cast the net over the right side of the boat and you will find something.’ So they cast it, and were not able to pull it in because of the number of fish.” John, chapter 21, verse 6

Continuing to evangelize and heal hearts in the name of Jesus is the way to bring Christians together and increase their number.

Jesus invites us to the same mission. We are filled with the presence of God and Jesus encourages us to spread his good news.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
372. In the world and in the Church

We are really in two different worlds. On one hand, there’s the social world by which we share our everyday reality. And on the other side, there’s the world of faith in Jesus Christ. It shakes and adjusts everything we say and do.

We struggle to create a balance between these two worlds. But it’s necessary to adjust to what is natural to the human being and to the reality of eternal life, in the Trinity.

Isaiah sees what God does in us:
“A nation of firm purpose you keep in peace; in peace, for its trust in you.” Isaiah, chapter 26, verse 3

Placing our life in God brings us peace in the social world and trust in God in the hearts of the faithful of the Church.

When we are in the social world and keep our heart united to God, he assures us of his peace. His peace is transmitted in the invisible. If we do not feel this peace, let’s ask ourselves if we bring God to the heart of our human relationships.

This peace will be felt more in the Church, since every person is looking for it. But it’s also possible that in the Church, people are not at peace. Fortunately, they are in the right place to acquire some more.

A person will say, “I do not go to church, because there are people there who, coming out, talk in the backs of others, against others!” Let’s think about it, it’s good that they go to Mass! Imagine if they didn’t go. Or rather, do not imagine, it might seem worse. They know they are not perfect. They can thus walk and progress gradually toward peace, thanks to the teachings they receive in Church.

Then Isaiah concludes by saying:
“Trust in the Lord forever! For the Lord is an eternal Rock.” Isaiah, chapter 26, verse 4

Whether we are in the world or in Church, let’s put our trust in God that he will transform our hearts, then of people.

Let’s ask the Holy Spirit to be in all our relationships, in each of our meetings, and our city will be built on rock. Let’s ask him every day:
“Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock.” Matthew, chapter 7, verse 24

Let’s build with Jesus. Let’s ask Jesus, every day, to be active in our heart, then to the hearts of those we meet.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
373. The gospel of the Lord

Paul confirms that the gospel and salvation of Jesus Christ is unique:
“The gospel preached by me is not of human origin.” Galatians, chapter 1, verse 11

Nobody thought of such a revelation. No one has been able to imagine or invent all that is proclaimed in the Gospels. Nobody except God.

Nobody can replace Jesus. We are poor of Jesus if we don’t accept him, as he is, in our life. And we become poor in Jesus when we leave what is useless to embark with him on the great adventure of God and man.

That’s why Paul says:
“I did not receive it from a human being, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ.” Galatians, chapter 1, verse 12

Book: Caring for our poverties

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
374. Reinforced concrete

Everybody’s own is to find God and to hold onto God as the most precious good. But other people escape the real mission to which they should hold on to. They will be very imaginative to get away from the mission by all sorts of means, for fear of being hurt, for fear of the unknown.

To speak negatively against others, to leave good habits, basic habits, to abandon prayer, the commitment in faith to serve others, even in what is simplest and here they are in a turning away from God. There are also those who cannot discern good deeds while asking for evidence from others.

Today, how often do we see truths being completely twisted by negligence or interest? They go so far as to treat truth as criminal. These people prefer to eliminate others from their lives as long as they are right, they get what they want and they do not lose their solid, concrete reputation. They only have barbed concrete left.

They abandon their good behaviour, stick to their wall filled of personal achievements, display their deceptive advertisements, their extinguished fame. Then, they come to believe that others are not on the right track, because they’re different. Their perfection becomes reinforced concrete.

Each person is free to do what they want with its harmful consequences or helpful realizations. Turning to evil leads to evil. And evil leads to death. Let’s lead the way back to Jesus. He’s there waiting. Love leads to Love and Life.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟143,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
375. Let’s find our heart

How difficult it is for us to find time to look at ourselves, to observe what needs to be improved to follow Jesus on the only necessary path, the way of our salvation, the way to eternal life.

Maybe others do not see it, but God sees everything. Even Jesus, people thought he was a liar and someone who thought he was God, because he was following the true path, and they crucified him.

Let’s return to the Rosary with all our heart, return to prayer. Let’s increase our meetings with the Lord, Mass, teachings, to all that is vital and true to guarantee us not to freeze up like ice.

Let’s not look at what others are doing or not, and if we see any flaws let’s give them back to Jesus. Let’s not make the situation worse by reacting or talking about it to others to speak ill and insult. Then let’s continue our journey in faith, with Mary, for a more beautiful, truer, more real, more just and more fraternal world. Jesus is with us.

It’s good to know when to stop and observe what our personal strengths are, to make them useful for the kingdom of God on earth. To take care of ourselves in the faith, to take care of others by the commitment of our faith, is to realize Jesus’s will.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0