• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Non-urgent prayer request

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Fenwick, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Fenwick

Fenwick ☩ Broman Catholic ☩

+10,186
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    I feel dumb asking this because it's not an urgent or critical need like many of our friends come here with, but I'd like to ask a prayer request anyway. Last week my employer sent out a company-wide e-mail about tweaks to their telecommuting policy which seemed to create a bit of an opening for people to continue it even though our policy was originally everyone had to be back working in-office by October 1.

I've always worked on-site since I got hired at the beginning of the year. I love my job, my coworkers are the best I've ever had, and the job is really something I believe in. However, outside of the job, living in that area feels very soul-sucking. It's better now that my fiancee and her kids have joined me in the area, but city life is just not for me.

SO, in your charity if you could please pray that the Lord 1) create a path for me to telecommute full-time/permanently, 2) that I would be allowed to do so from wherever I want (preferably my hometown in CA), and 3) that all the other necessary windows would open up to lead us there.

Obviously in all things: thy will be done, Lord. This is nevertheless a petition, a cry of my heart. I've always desired to raise a family in my hometown all my life, and I'm not there right now. Away from my aging parents, my sister, my friends, and I just really want to have a life again in that respect. If my fiancee and I are lucky enough to have kids after we marry I really want to raise them in my hometown since it was a great place to grow up and I'd like them to be around my family a lot.

Thanks fam!

• Prayers Prayers x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+4,998
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Praying for you to live in a place that is comfortable to you. :crosseo:

3. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+9,524
    Christian
    Lord I pray that you will bless Fenwick with an opportunity to work remote on a permanent basis. I pray that you will bless his family and his living in a large city.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+44,694
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Praying that God will continue to guide you and amaze you as He has done thus far. Praying that God makes His presence known to all of you. Continued prayers to give His guidance and protection for all of you and grants all of you contentment and happiness as you all settle as a family and find your places in God’s plan in this new life.