[Non-Denom]Poll on whether to open up discussion of homosexuality and gay marriage

Do you want to open up discussion of homosexuality and Same Sex Marriage in the Non Denom Forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course there is. Contrary to popular belief, the anti-gay verses are quite vague and controversial. They've had different meanings throughout history. It's also worth discussing how to treat gays and be a good witness, without causing suffering.
It is simply amazing how plain Scripture can be considered "vague" and "controversial". As for the treatment of any group, homosexuals are simply sinners in God's eyes, as is the whole of humanity.

What most people have not woken up to is that a tiny VOCAL MINORITY with the backing of the left-liberal media and spineless politicians (who go with whichever way the wind blows) are holding the rest of society hostage by ACTIVELY PROMOTING SEXUAL PERVERSION. Sodomy was a crime in the laws of the land until very recently, but all of that is forgotten.

The real suffering is being experienced by innocent children who are being used for vile inappropriate contentography and pedophilia by the sexual perverts. So now they want everyone to believe that this is necessary for the entire population, and we are to feel sorry for sexual perversion. No one has taken all those pedophilic priests to task as yet. There has been a huge cover up of pedophilia at the highest levels of government in Great Britain. And on and on and on.

To sum up there is nothing to discuss. SIN IS SIN and the antidote is REPENTANCE toward God and FAITH toward the Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
And this thread is a perfect reason why I vote no. People always try and justify themselves, and I'd prefer to not have it here as it use to be horrible way back in the day...wow I've been here a long time.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Titus 3:9

But avoid foolish debates, genealogies, quarrels, and disputes about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.

I've never seen a single thread here on the topic of homosexuality that didn't flagrantly violate this scripture; in short, they have all been unprofitable and useless. These "discussions" are lightning rods for contention, therefore I am voting no.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
And this thread is a perfect reason why I vote no. People always try and justify themselves, and I'd prefer to not have it here as it use to be horrible way back in the day...wow I've been here a long time.
Well, this board is losing members at a rapid pace, so maybe it would be good to go back to the way things were when there was less censorship, and a lot more activity.

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe instead of all the groups to have a Yes or No discussion, maybe a Gay group could be installed……CF you have a Politics Only, This Only, That Only……that are specific. Why not start a Gay Only…? Then the gays can just go there and proclaim their thoughts and righteousness all they want and the rest of us can continue on with our anti-gay verses that are quite vague and controversial.

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Titus 3:9

But avoid foolish debates, genealogies, quarrels, and disputes about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.

I've never seen a single thread here on the topic of homosexuality that didn't flagrantly violate this scripture; in short, they have all been unprofitable and useless. These "discussions" are lightning rods for contention, therefore I am voting no.

If I could like your message 10 times, I would. Many times I have felt like posting this on other threads. Many more times have I noticed this verse being completely disregarded. Another verse frequently disregarded is, "love is not rude". It saddens me.

I voted no, because I don't think we need any more arguing threads. How about some prayer instead?

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well, this board is losing members at a rapid pace, so maybe it would be good to go back to the way things were when there was less censorship, and a lot more activity.

And this saying goes back to the beginning of time. If you read about the Jews talking about how the days of the temple were so much better, then you go back to those days you see it wasn't much better. It's a site, people always come and go and people also talk about the good old days like they were much better...it really hasn't changed much.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

Please pay attention to the previous mod hat as well - this is an open poll but not meant for debate of the homosexuality issue. Please do not continue debating in this thread. We have these polls open to see if you would like this discussion opened in your forum - please also only vote and put input if you are Non-Denominational.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cuja1

Sep 28, 2012
Springfield, IL
✟22,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe instead of all the groups to have a Yes or No discussion, maybe a Gay group could be installed……CF you have a Politics Only, This Only, That Only……that are specific. Why not start a Gay Only…? Then the gays can just go there and proclaim their thoughts and righteousness all they want and the rest of us can continue on with our anti-gay verses that are quite vague and controversial.
agreed, I like that idea

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
agreed, I like that idea
Personally, my opinion is that the promotion of gay activities, SSM, and atheism have absolutely no business on a Christian Forum. If that is what they want to push, promote....they can go to their forums that support that. That does not mean I don't believe that we, as Christians, cannot discuss these issues....only that they be discussed within the generally accepted (since some "Christian" denominations disagree with this position) historically biblical interpretation.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Personally, my opinion is that the promotion of gay activities, SSM, and atheism have absolutely no business on a Christian Forum. If that is what they want to push, promote....they can go to their forums that support that. That does not mean I don't believe that we, as Christians, cannot discuss these issues....only that they be discussed within the generally accepted (since some "Christian" denominations disagree with this position) historically biblical interpretation.
How about no? This isn't Evangelical Forums. The historical Biblical interpretation is not the one being used today, since historically, those verses did not refer to homosexuals. Corinthians didn't give it that meaning until the 1940s. Saint Augustine viewed Romans 1 as referring to heterosexuals back in the 5th Century. And the historical context of all the anti-gay verses is Pagan idolatry.

Upvote 0

cuja1

Sep 28, 2012
Springfield, IL
✟22,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What do we mean by promoted? Are we saying you can't say homosexuality is good? You can't say practicing homosexuality isn't a sin? I think it is a sin. But isn't the purpose of discussion to help people understand and possibly change their opinion on an issue?

If we just say, case closed, my way or the highway, is that going to be helpful to anyone?
And what about our duties as Christians on this subject. I think that's debatable as well. Does God expect us to force people through legislation to obey His will?

This just seems a little totalitarian to me, but it's not my website so, whatever.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This forum overwhelmingly voted no. Therefore, the rule on discussing homosexuality and hay marriage will not change in this forum.

Closing and sticking this thread.

Edit: final vote is 3 yes, 18 no, after discounting ineligible votes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.