[Non-Denom]Poll on whether to open up discussion of homosexuality and gay marriage

Do you want to open up discussion of homosexuality and Same Sex Marriage in the Non Denom Forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
"Non Denom" Member Poll
Opening up Discussion of Homosexuality and Same Sex Marriage

In keeping with the recent updates to the Christian Forums rule regarding marriage and homosexuality (announcement), this poll is to determine what the members of the Non-Denominational forum would like to do. Voting will be open for two weeks (14 days). At that time, votes will be tallied and the majority decision (2/3 majority, 67%) shall be implemented. This poll is only open to members who self-identify as Non-Denominational, though you don't necessarily have to have such listed as your faith on CF. Please be honest and do not misrepresent your faith to vote in a forum that is not your home forum. IP checks will be performed on any member suspected of being a sock account of another member. Any tomfoolery will result in action against that poster and their vote being nullified. Here are the voting guidelines in more detail:
  • Only active members of this forum may vote. A specific faith icon is not required, however, you must be a known member of this forum.
  • Members are required to have been active at CF for at least three months and have at least 200 substantial posts.
  • Votes are public, not confidential. This way the community can help police the results of the poll by contacting staff when they believe that a non-forum member has voted.
  • Staff reserves the right to perform IP checks on questionable members.
  • No other discussion is allowed in the poll thread.
  • Each member may vote in one Christian Communities (denominations) forum and one Faith Groups forum. If a member votes in more than one Christian Communities forum and one Faith Groups forum, their vote will be discounted in all of the forums.

There are two options for the poll:

YES: A yes vote means that there would be open discussion of the topics of homosexuality and same sex marriage, in accordance with a few specific guidelines.
NO: A no vote means that discussion of homosexuality and same sex marriage is allowed, but there is no promotion* of these topics.

*Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.

Guidelines for forums with open discussion:
  • All posts must align with the sitewide rules, especially the rule about profanity and vulgarity (no discussions or images that are sexually explicit).
  • Members may not make posts which could be considered blatant campaigning for the acceptance of homosexuality or SSM.
  • Members may not distribute any blatant propaganda about homosexuality or SSM [propaganda: information of a biased or misleading nature used to promote or publicize a particular point of view].
  • Members may not encourage another member to practice homosexuality or enter into a same sex marriage.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Just to clarify I am reading correctly. One vote per person in their denomination specific forum yes?

That is correct.

I already see persons blanket voting in all the denominations.
Once the polls close, we will tally everything up and discount the votes of those who did not meet the requirements to vote (stated in the OP), or those who voted in multiple polls.

Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2015
✟25,183.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is correct.

Once the polls close, we will tally everything up and discount the votes of those who did not meet the requirements to vote (stated in the OP), or those who voted in multiple polls.
Thank you for the clarification.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder how many other sins will eventually (over whatever time period) be voted on, so that they could be promoted...
Who is promoting it? The vote is to allow discussion of the issues related to it. Do you think we should just ignore the challenges and complexities of the issue?

Reactions: Svt4Him
Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who is promoting it? The vote is to allow discussion of the issues related to it. Do you think we should just ignore the challenges and complexities of the issue?

There are two options for the poll:

YES: A yes vote means that there would be open discussion of the topics of homosexuality and same sex marriage, in accordance with a few specific guidelines.
NO: A no vote means that discussion of homosexuality and same sex marriage is allowed, but there is no promotion* of these topics.

*Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.

NO = no promotion
Yes = does not prohibit promotion

It can be discussed now, just not promoted, at this time.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2015
✟25,183.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think we should ignore the challenges and complexities, and as Christians it is our responsibility to help others. But I do not agree any form of sin should be promoted.

Voting Yes or No allows discussion of the topic regardless. Yet yes means promoting a sin.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think we should ignore the challenges and complexities, and as Christians it is our responsibility to help others. But I do not agree any form of sin should be promoted.
And that's the issue. Lots of Christians don't agree with your position on what is and isn't sin.

Voting Yes or No allows discussion of the topic regardless. Yet yes means promoting a sin.
Not for those who don't consider it a sin. I consider the way Christians treat gays to be a far far greater sin than what gays do. Where is the vote to ban Christians from speaking negatively of gays?

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
NO = no promotion
Yes = does not prohibit promotion

It can be discussed now, just not promoted, at this time.
In case you didn't read the OP:

• Members may not make posts which could be considered blatant campaigning for the acceptance of homosexuality or SSM.
  • Members may not encourage another member to practice homosexuality or enter into a same sex marriage.

Promotion still isn't really allowed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Romans chapter 1 takes this out of the realm of opinion.
Not for one who actually knows what Romans 1 means. Even Saint Augustine said it refers to heterosexuals. I've never actually met a conservative on this board who has researched those verses and actually knows what they mean. It's nothing but out of context cherry picking.

And the fact that people don't want this to be discussed, keeps those misunderstandings as the norm.

Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2015
✟25,183.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And that's the issue. Lots of Christians don't agree with your position on what is and isn't sin.
it is not really a prime concern of mine how Christians justify sinning. All sins are evil, testified to by God. I am happy to side with Gods word.

if you do not believe it is a sin, then you are deceived. Can you honestly say same-sex relations are not quite clearly called 'an abomination' in the Bible? No amount of semantics and word-play will change that.

Promotion of sin should never be allowed. Preaching you are not sinning - thus need no forgiveness, is very dangerous ground.

Now when that is accepted, we can help others. There is no reason we cannot act in a Christian, loving and edifying manner to others. But first, we need to acknowledge the problem.

Note: sorry Sojourner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 24, 2014
✟8,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is not condemning homosexuals, or not forcing them to accept what is righteous or unrighteous, considered promotion of homosexuality?

Is it promotion if I don't even make it an issue?

I'm inclined to vote “yes” just so they feel welcomed in this forum to be themselves, and hear sin is not a problem in getting help from God.

However I know I'm in the minority.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What challenges and complexities? There's nothing to discuss. And if there is, it should be how to get rid of judges who have no clue and politicians who have no backbone.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
What challenges and complexities? There's nothing to discuss. And if there is, it should be how to get rid of judges who have no clue and politicians who have no backbone.
Of course there is. Contrary to popular belief, the anti-gay verses are quite vague and controversial. They've had different meanings throughout history. It's also worth discussing how to treat gays and be a good witness, without causing suffering.

Upvote 0

John 1:1 GodCZU

Fret Not Yourself Because Of Evildoers
Sep 5, 2015
San Francisco CA
✟1,580.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many other sins will eventually (over whatever time period) be voted on, so that they could be promoted...
Do you suppose this is how churches that now condone this behavior and unite those members, keeping within rules not specific here, started? Let's discuss this. It's an issue in community.

And then they voted and agreed to solemnize the unions God condemns.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.