United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7262022

Anyone who wants me knows where to find me. I have a feeling I'll be making myself scarce.
sSa_drownintears.gif

I am also making myself scarce from the GT board as all that Board is, is Catholics vs Protestants. You would think there are 2 different Bibles being presented on there. ^_^

http://christianforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80

I will find ya Hallie!!!! :hug: :kiss:

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by LeeD
I want to reiterate my vision for CF, something the staff and advisors have been working hard to implement in these recent weeks. I am weary with how CF has become a place of debating, strife, and infighting. My vision, simply put, is for CF to be a place for Christians to fellowship online, a hangout so to speak. While I would encourage sincere non-Christians to participate in some areas of the community, our focus is becoming much more inward focused, centering around the body of Christ which involves prayer, encouragement, edification, sharing burdens, and always forbearing one another in love. Those who want to endlessly debate against Christianity or promote other faiths than Christianity might find other boards more to their liking as CF probably won't be much "fun" for you any more. I hope this helps some to see the direction of where CF is headed.

....hmmm I do not think it is bad...After all this is a Christian forum folks... If I joined an atheist board I would feel that I would not be allowed to preach christianity any way I like it...either...I would have to stick to their rules too. Like maybe I would not be allowed pasting "long quotes" etc... that type of thing...

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Off topic...did you notice the years on your membership changed to 5 yeas and your age shows... wow they are messing it up...

BTW that is their choice that is not the standard though... The owner can decide whatever he wants most here said that when the "laxed" moderation took place and now you disagree...why? Because it is the Christians who are at the recieving end now...?

Upvote 0

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Off topic...did you notice the years on your membership changed to 5 yeas and your age shows... wow they are messing it up...

Yeah, I wonder what happened. I think I'll go change my age to 97 or something ridiculous, I don't like being judged based on my age.

BTW that is their choice that is not the standard though... The owner can decide whatever he wants most here said that when the "laxed" moderation took place and now you disagree...why? Because it is the Christians who are at the recieving end now...?

What are Christians at the receiving end of?

And when was there laxed moderation? Certainly not under me. I was the most capable moderator I've seen in NCR, I actually quit because I knew that this decision was coming, and because it was too much work to moderate an entire forum by pretty much myself.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

What do you mean? :confused:

aFu_MatrixOrigami.gif

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Never mind you all.. I know that whatever I will say will not count and it was stricter befor the 7-7-7 and got laxed afterwards... but who remembers what... and all is well... I am not here to debate on this just state the facts...Was the non-christians allowed ever in GTthen? no! now they are everywhere right? This is what I am talking about...We, Christians, did not like that when it changed...Now the non-Christians do not like it... well, what I am saying that now the Christians are on the recieving end of the deal... that's all...Does this make any sense now?

Upvote 0

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Never mind you all.. I know that whatever I will say will not count

Why wouldn't what you say count? :hug:

and it was stricter befor the 7-7-7 and got laxed afterwards... but who remembers what... and all is well... I am not here to debate on this just state the facts...Was the non-christians allowed ever in GTthen? no! now they are everywhere right? This is what I am talking about...We, Christians, did not like that when it changed...Now the non-Christians do not like it... well, what I am saying that now the Christians are on the recieving end of the deal... that's all...Does this make any sense now?

Non Christians are still not supposed to be in GT, but that's beside the point. More forums than that one are about to be made CO.

For the record, I displayed a Pentecostal icon at the time of the 7-7-7 changes and my (unanimous) election to staff, and I was overjoyed that forums were opening up. The people who didn't like the changes didn't really provide adequate arguments for why the forums should have been CO in the first place, IMHO.

I've lost a lot of interest here, tbh, I think everyone should be treated equally here. Three days from now marks the beginning of a really beautiful forever and I just have other things to deal with than CF.

A lot of you are my friends, and I wish you all the best. :groupray:

Hallie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hey Ramona... same here i do feel that despite the differences in religion and all you are all a cool gang... sometimes funny sometimes too argumentative but overall fun and lively... I hope you all stick around the changes will not affect that much this "side of the world" I think. This forum has been better than GT believe me...LLOJ can testify to that where all the bickering is taking place...ahhhhh...drives me crazy...

:groupray: to all here

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just wanna tell you that I am sorry and my days at CF will probably end because of this. There is no point in my being here without the debate area. I may hang out some in the Mental Health areas as I am officially crazy. :cool: However, this really sucks big ones.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
they are not closing totally the debate area though are they? it is just temporary...

Lee said it was not going to be a pleasant place for non-believers, and that the site was going to become a place for Christians to interact with each other. Outreach and debate have always been secondary, but from what he is saying, it will become non-existant.

Lisa

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just wanna tell you that I am sorry and my days at CF will probably end because of this. There is no point in my being here without the debate area. I may hang out some in the Mental Health areas as I am officially crazy. :cool: However, this really sucks big ones.

Lisa
:)

aFu_VaderIamYour2.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lee said it was not going to be a pleasant place for non-believers, and that the site was going to become a place for Christians to interact with each other. Outreach and debate have always been secondary, but from what he is saying, it will become non-existant.

Lisa

how non-existant? you mean non-christians will leave? or they would not have a forum to debate with Christians?

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
how non-existant? you mean non-christians will leave? or they would not have a forum to debate with Christians?

It means that non-Christians are going to be muzzled and will have no point in being here.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
okie. I thought the non-Christian forum would "close" so....that means that it will still be open but rules are changing or better say will be enforced... fair enough then. That is all I wanted to know Lisa...:)

As far as leaving... I think it is a choice.. I guess Ramona found a home somewhere else...

Upvote 0

vajradhara

Diamond Thunderbolt of Indestructable Wisdom
Jun 25, 2003
Dharmadhatu
✟19,720.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Namaste all,

Indeed, it seems as if the newest round of rule changes have spelt the death knell of this forum for non-Nicean and non-Christian participation.

If folks are interested in a mature web discussion forum where all beliefs are given their own "walled garden" with plenty of comparison and debate sections, check out my forum http://www.comparative-religion.com/ <no S on the end, if you use that you end up at a Christian polemical site> we are the largest interfaith site in the UK and i know that many of you would find a welcome there. more importantly, however, you would bring your ideas and your participation there and for me, that is quite important. the site is fairly spartan in that alot of flashy features are turned off.. less distraction from the discussion at hand.

Erwin seemed to have a good idea on how to handle this forum and it's vagaries.

metta,

~v

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
okie. I thought the non-Christian forum would "close" so....that means that it will still be open but rules are changing or better say will be enforced... fair enough then. That is all I wanted to know Lisa...:)

As far as leaving... I think it is a choice.. I guess Ramona found a home somewhere else...
This board is already almost like a graveyard anyway.

Most non-Christians post on the GA board where just about anything goes as far as ganging up on us poor deluded Christians.

It is tough being the "little guy" on the block. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1MZeRwUmG0

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.