Nobody "Big" Is Out In the Wilderness

T

texian

Dean Gotcher is unusual in that he wanted to be a teacher in some kind of Christian school or college, but in his training he began to notice what he later came to know as the dialectic. He went to a Christian seminary for a while and then dropped out because, except for his Greek courses, his professors were all teaching some theologian's opinions about scripture rather than scripture itself.

It is important for a Christian who wants to have a knowledge of the truth and to be in sound doctrine to understand the dialectic as used by those who claim to be Christians. Knowing what the dialectic is and being able to identify it when it occurs as an argument against scripture helps in staying in the truth and not being lured off of the truth by dialectic arguments. Getting into prolonged arguments with those who use the dialectic can itself lure a person off into that mindset.

The dialectic as the language of Lucifer, seen in Revelation 13: 11, practiced by Satan in Genesis 3: 1-6, and in some encounters between Christ and the Pharisees - in John 8: 13-59, for example - undermines faith in the Word of God, "It is written." Man's dialectic arguments against the Word of God cannot change the absolute truth of that Word. The Word is absolute because it comes from God. But somehow dialectic man believes he can change that Word to fit his own purposes and flesh, which loves relationships more than absolute truth in scripture. Dialectic man in his delusion somehow thinks that if he can change the interpretation of the Word, that magically he has changed the absolute nature of the Word. But whatever scripture he is trying to change, remains standing in its absolute truth no matter how much dialectic argument is brought against it and no matter how many people are arguing against it.

Notice that in John 8: 13-59 where the Pharisees used dialectic arguments against what Christ is teaching there, that they could not defeat him and his truth. In the end they tried to resort to the flesh, to violence against him, having the spirit of Death in them. John 8: 59 says "Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by."

Texe Marrs is supposed to have quoted some Christian who asked "Is anybody big saying this?" Texe Marrs is close, but not exactly on the same page as the people are on out in the wilderness.

No, anybody who is "big," that is, a Christian celebrity cannot let scripture interpret scripture but must say what the masses in the churches who have itching ears want them to say. Otherwise, they don't become "big," or celebrities.

Dean Gotcher maybe is the best known of all the Christians out in the wilderness who have sound doctrine, and he is the genius who sticks to explaining the dialectic and Transformational Marxism. But he will surprise you sometimes and come out with a statement in the middle of his scholarly talks on the dialectic and say something about end time prophecy.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the way Texian, I actually watched the four part series, which is quite unlike me to even want to watch it, but what you shared in the above peeked my interest. I actually liked it thanks, because I noticed the same thing but couldnt put my finger on it and he sorta did it for me. In a way where it was letting me know where that was coming from (even among christians).

Because I will typically try to break away from how something is worded towards me, and I know that I am doing that and the reason became a bit more clearer to me in that series.

Im not really good at articulating myself but it was a good watch:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Dean Gotcher is unusual in that he wanted to be a teacher in some kind of Christian school or college, but in his training he began to notice what he later came to know as the dialectic. He went to a Christian seminary for a while and then dropped out because, except for his Greek courses, his professors were all teaching some theologian's opinions about scripture rather than scripture itself. . .
I think that this is more than reasonable as most lower or middle order Christian colleges will generally be unable to afford or attract the better original thinkers. So most up and coming lecturers, who have yet to prove themselves, will naturally rely on the material by their more experienced peers - simply a fact of life I suppose.

Upvote 0