✟10,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Dear Prof. Chomsky,

Please wait at least until the body is in the ground.

Thanks,
Common Decency.

it's not like the bush family cared about the troops who died fighting these neocon wars based on lies. 22 vets commit suicide every day

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Prof. Chomsky,

Thanks,
Common Decency.

Well did he say this recently or is the fellow in the video just rehashing what he said long before President Bush's passing? I admit I didn't watch the video in the OP but the thumbnail looks pretty dang old. The quality of it doesn't look modern at all. I agree with you if he said it now, it's wrong on account of the timing.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it's not like the bush family cared about the troops who died fighting these neocon wars based on lies. 22 vets commit suicide every day

I think his son, George W. Bush, is just as guilty of being a war criminal than his father is.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

The response from Common Decency is applicable to all.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think his son, George W. Bush, is just as guilty of being a war criminal than his father is.
IMO The Bush family have led some of the most humane wars in history.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
IMO The Bush family have led some of the most humane wars in history.

I have partaken in more than one of the Families wars; humane is not a word I would associate with any war. The First Gulf War was short and humanitarian feeding was performed for the thousands of Iraqi troops that surrendered, but it was still a war that cost lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That's helpful to know so I won't waste any time in my life watching his videos either.

I watched two minutes before I looked him up. Minutes gone forever…

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear Prof. Chomsky,

Thanks,
Common Decency.

This video was "published" on 12/3/18.

The interview, as stated in the very beginning of the video actually took place "a while ago", and i'm assuming that means it was before the death of former President George H. W. Bush.

Upvote 0

DidYouSaySomething

Dec 4, 2018
LA
✟10,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Jimmy Dore, the lefts Alex Jones…

jimmy dore is an anti war progressive who isn't afraid of calling out neocon lunatics. alex jones plays a character and is solely responsible for making the 9/11 truth movement look like a joke.

dore is a skeptic, not a conspiracy theorist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If George H.W. Bush is a war criminal, then so is Barack Obama, who own drone wars, torture, backing Islamists in the Arab spring, Libyan intervention, backing neo-nazis in Ukraine, etc. has made access of this world, and a lot of blood shed.

George H.W. Bush for all his faults was actually restraint in foreign policy, didn't intervene when the collapse of the Soviet Union was happening, didn't intervene when the revolutions of 89-92 swept Central & Eastern Europe, he did get the Iraqis out of Kuwait, yet stopped short of going into Baghdad, and overthrowing Saddam, and in the case of Panama it was quick, and was to stop a pro-soviet drug dealer threatening our country, and flooding our streets with drugs. Not to say I agreed with Desert storm, as that was a Arab vs Arab problem.

As far as war criminals go look at Barack Obama (ie - backing genocidal Islamists against Christians, alwaites, druez, etc. In the Arab spring mess, the Libyan intervention using deplated uranium, giving weapons to the drug cartels in operation fast & furious, expanding bush jr drone wars, backing the Saudi Damon induced invasion and war on the Yemeni people, etc. continuing torture, etc) , Bill Clinton (ie - deplated uranium over former Yugoslavia, using a drug dealing death squad to kill Pablo Escobar, sanctions killing up to 500,000 Iraqis, no fly zone strikes targeting civilians in Iraq, torture, etc.) , Harry Truman (ie - nuclear bombing of Japan, etc.), George W Bush (ie - Drone wars targeting civilians, Guantanamo bay, secret prisons, torture, etc. )

out of all the people he choose to call war criminal former President George HW Bush was down the list. Heck Gerald Ford, and Jimmy Carter were even worse by supporting the Muslim Milltartist Indonesian occupation, and Genocide of Catholic East Timor, and the Muslim Turkish massacre of Orthodox Greek Cyprus.

Upvote 0

Just Another User

Nov 24, 2018
The United part
✟15,817.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If George H.W. Bush is a war criminal, then so is Barack Obama

Certainly. Anyone with a conscience would agree with this. Practically every president the Second World War has committed some form of war crimes. About one of the only bi-partisan things America can do is blowing up foreigners to infiltrate new markets.

Chomsky is a deceived, rebel atheist so you really have to filter out the BS when you read what he writes.

If he doesn't talk about religion then I don't see the problem with having to filter out anything. He's certainly more honest than any president he talk about and he's been spot on when it comes to calling out American imperialism.

Chomsky is a joke, and not a funny one, either. There are no words which are appropriate for this setting to describe that particular individual.

I do understand that this is an argument from popularity but nevertheless he is the most quoted intellectual living and one of the top ten of quoted of all time. Can you explain to me some of his major ideas and beliefs which can be considered idiotic when it comes to America?

Just look at what's happening right now. Trump has named Juan Guido President despite around 80% of Venezuelans never hearing of him before this event. Guido has never won a single election and yet calls himself President Interim. What's with America always interfering with other country's business? He claims he serving the Venezuelans despite over 4/5 wanting America to leave them alone. American exceptionalism at it's finest.

Upvote 0