Akron
✟72,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Archeology can be used to supplement history, but history is the study of the past in the era of written documentation. A good portion of archeology focuses on pre-literate society.
My History book was written by James Breasted in 1916. Revised in 1935. James Henry Breasted (1865-1935) was an American archaeologist and historian who is often regarded as one of the founders of American Egyptology. He was also a professor of Egyptology and Oriental History at the University of Chicago and the founder of its Oriental Institute.

Recently I posted a list of 45 Archeology sites that pertain to the Bible. They confirm our Bible and give us a deeper understanding. We know that archaeology cannot prove or disprove the religious or spiritual aspects of the Bible. Archaeology helps us to better understand the customs, beliefs, and daily lives of the people we read about in our Bible. So one supplements the other.

It is not remarkable that he was from a city that existed (or existed recently) when it was written.
Archaeology helps to deepen our understanding of ancient Mesopotamian culture and society. The main thing is that Ur was polytheistic. They believed in multiple gods. Abraham was the father of three religions. The Hebrew, Muslim, and Christian. They are Monotheistic. Hebrew and Muslims have a blood relationship with Abraham. Through Sarah and Hagar the Egyptian handmaiden. Christians are gentiles that are adopted into the family. The Bible says we are like branches grafted into the tree.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
And what is your point?
The obvious point is that archeology confirms our Bible is accurate and true.
at the time he puts Abraham, Chaldea didn't exis
Abraham and the Chaldeans existed at the same time in ancient Mesopotamia. (2nd millennium BCE) The Chaldeans had knowledge of astronomy and mathematics, and this included the city of Babylon. Abraham was known for separation. He actually separated Religion and Science. The ORAL tradition of Kabbalah and the Hassidic is attributed to Abraham. He did not actually write anything down the way Moses did.

The Chaldeans were known for their ziggurat, (massive stepped pyramids) and impressive architecture.

Abraham is considered a patriarch in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, and is known for his religious faith and devotion to God.
It may come as a shock to you, but I have my own personal, unique, genome. I am not a population.
Evolution is a study of populations, not individuals. They focus on the changes that occur within populations over many generations. There is an extensive study of the Hebrew DNA because of diseases from inbreeding.

The "Cohen Gene" or the "Cohen Modal Haplotype" (CMH) is a genetic marker that is found in a significant proportion of Jewish men who identify as being descended from the biblical figure of Aaron, the brother of Moses, who was a Jewish high priest.

I wish you would learn how to use the new technology. We could save a lot of time if you could learn how to research and verify your hypothesis rather than rely on others to do that for you. Education should teach us how to learn. Far to often they use it to condition people to follow the beat of their drummer.

Upvote 0