Akron
✟70,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There has been some speculation that Noah's flood took place at the flooding of the Strait of Dover. I believe the evidence shows that the flood took place at the Strait of Hormuz. We have new information from the photos of space satellites. Only this is a massive war zone and right now it is difficult to do any research in this area. No one is going to take any students in there to do any real archeology. Although this would involve underwater exploration. I did ask my older son to work on new a under water camera for that. There have been improvements since they discovered the titanic and used some of the actual footage of that in the Movie. ("Robert Ballard").

"Accurately reconstructing past sea level is key to simulating potential migration pathways of ancient hominins, including early Homo sapiens." So this is a consideration for Science and Archeology.

screenshot-www.youtube.com-2023.02.11-22_21_10.png

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
why does the evidence indicate otherwise?
First the Bible is literal and then symbolic. Noah's flood is symbolic of the six world wide floods that have taken place since the beginning of this planet. Esp the flood at Pangea at the time of the dinosaurs. There have also been 6 extinctions. The most recent was around 12,000 years ago. God always preserves a remnant to repopulate the earth. It is in our DNA. In fact we carry the DNA in us of everything that has ever lived on the Planet.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,950.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
First the Bible is literal and then symbolic. Noah's flood is symbolic of the six world wide floods that have taken place since the beginning of this planet. Esp the flood at Pangea at the time of the dinosaurs. There have also been 6 extinctions. The most recent was around 12,000 years ago. God always preserves a remnant to repopulate the earth. It is in our DNA. In fact we carry the DNA in us of everything that has ever lived on the Planet.

Again, this is nothing but post hoc logic. There have been no world wide floods, and no-one writing at the time of the Bible would even know about dinosaurs let alone Pangea.

You're trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There have been no world wide floods,
It does not matter because Noah's flood from our perspective was a local flood. The reason you have food to eat is that Noah saved the domesticated plants and animals. So the impact Noah has was on the whole world. Just like Moses had an impact on the whole world. Even Adam had an impact. Adam, Moses & Noah were real people that made a significant contribution in their life in their day and time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
How did Kangaroos get to the Ark?
Kangaroos can swim. Noah's flood was literal from our perspective. Not his but ours. The world wide flood was symbolic. There have
actually been six worldwide floods with 6 extinctions where the world was repopulated with a remnant of the world that was here before.

"The DNA of all living organisms, including those that have lived in the past, is contained within the genomes of their descendants. This means that, in a sense, the DNA of all organisms that have ever lived is still present today in some form."
Going out on a guess but I think that they would have hopped like the rabbits did.
Can they hop on water. There are 7000 islands in the pacific and they each have their own unique biodiversity and their own unique species. Although this was established before the flood, not after the flood.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The Earth does not show any signs of a Global Flood.
The water that covered the earth was frozen and they call it glaciers. This has happened 6 times when there was a flood and a major extinction where a remnant repopulated the earth.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So how can it be symbolic of "six world wide floods" then?
That is the way archetypes and allegories work. Look at Walt Disney and the story of Cinderalla. Do you think that she is the ONLY girl in the history of the human species to have a stepmother and step sisters? Why is the warrior princess so popular to the point where almost all the female heroes in Disney are warrior princesses? Because this is something that people can relate to. This is something they can identify with.

The Bible is absolute truth. But if you go to the library half the books are fiction. If you go to the movie almost 100% of what you see is fiction. If people can relate to and identify with fiction, how much more can they identify with and relate to the truth. The Bible is 100% accurate and truth. Science can verify this.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I read a book a couple of years ago that hypothesized the flood occurring when the Bosporus broke open. I'm curious why the Strait of Hormuz should be preferred.
Because the Strait of Hormuz was Noah's flood. This created the Persian gulf in the Tigris Euphrates river valley.

In 1997, William Ryan, Walter Pitman, Petko Dimitrov, and their colleagues first published the Black Sea deluge hypothesis. They proposed that a catastrophic inflow of Mediterranean seawater into the Black Sea freshwater lake occurred around 7600 years ago, c. 5600 BC

These are the same people who discovered the Titanic. Even if he did not register it. I asked my son to work on improving the underwater camera and if you look on Amazon they have improved quite a bit. So we are ready to explore the Persian gulf the way they explored the Black Sea. Although the Gulf always seems to be in a state of war. So it is not a safe place to be to do research right now.

Upvote 0