Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The act of putting plants and animals on the Ark is the difference between wild and domesticated. Natural selection and artificial selection.

Science has put a lot of research and study on how farming (neolithic revolution) spread from the Middle East to Europe. There are professors that study the evolution of ancient middle east plants (botany). There are a few books available on this and information in peer reviewed articles.

IF you want to know what was on the Ark read the Bible or look to science. The Bible talks a lot about the plants we find in the Middle East. Also it is written about all the animals that we find in the middle east.

You will not find corn or potatoes, that comes from American. You will not find rice that comes from Asia. In fact my wife is from Asia so I know the food they eat there is different from the food they grow and eat in the Middle East.

"The sweet potato was grown in Polynesia before western exploration. Sweet potato has been radiocarbon-dated in the Cook Islands to 1000 AD, and current thinking is that it was brought to central Polynesia around 700 AD, possibly by Polynesians who had traveled to South America and back, and spread across Polynesia to Hawaii and New Zealand from there.[13][14] It is possible, however, that South Americans brought it to the Pacific, although this is unlikely as it was the Polynesians who had a strong maritime tradition and not the native South Americans. The theory that the plant could spread by floating seeds across the ocean is not supported by evidence. Another point is that the sweet potato in Polynesia is the cultivated Ipomoea batatas, which is generally spread by vine cuttings and not by seeds.[15]" wiki

I think the odds are pretty good that there were no sweet potatoes on Noah's ark because there were no sweet potatoes in the Middle east back then. They are not native to that biodiverse ecosystem.

My interest is in scripture not science. My point is that those of the dust are left and those after his kind are preserved.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My interest is in scripture not science. My point is that those of the dust are left and those after his kind are preserved.
Yes of course, God is everlasting so we have to be born again of God if we want every lasting life.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason and the mechanism to do it are not the same.

The cause,

Genesis 5:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

The solution,

Genesis 5:29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed.

The result,

Genesis 8:21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
The reason for the flood was that the people were evil and wicked.
Gen6:5 The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Concerning post #111, please provide a single example of such a refute.

Aman:>>God told Noah that He was going to "Destroy" the first world.

*** I do not see anything in that verse that states that this is the first world. I’m not sure how you determined that.

Easy, God made at least 3 Heavens by the 3rd Day. He made Adam's firmament, which He called Heaven, on the 2nd Day. Gen 1:8 Lord God also made other HeavenS (plural) on the 3rd Day, the SAME Day Adam's Earth was made Gen 2:4
which was the 3rd Day. Gen 1:9-10

In the beginning, God the Trinity created heaven/air, ground without form/dust, and water came forth from the air. With these 3 creation elements, Jesus will form and shape these creation elements into a perfect physical Heaven in just 6 of His Days/Ages. IOW, Jesus made the present Cosmos and the THIRD Heaven of ll Corinthians 12:2 on the 3rd Day. Amen?

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Where did Noah build the Ark?

Be specific please.

I say he built it in what is now New Jersey.

Be prepared to defend your position.

You first. You defend your position and I will defend mine.

Upvote 0

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Where did Noah build the Ark?

Be specific please.

I say he built it in what is now New Jersey.

Be prepared to defend your position.
New Jersey.

Is it so terrible to think that there was no Noah's Ark? I think there was a global flood, but that it was between v 1.1 and 1.2 in Genesis. This is where the YECs derive their evidence for a global flood - thinking that it was the flood of Noah.

There are so many problems with Noah's flood - how did Ham, Shem and Japheth spring from the same loins? Supposedly Ham migrated to Africa and became the black Africans. Whereas, the more reasonable hypothesis is that the original Eve originated in East Africa, and migrated into Europe where they encountered Neanderthal, and mixed with another species, better adapted to cold climates.
The races did not originate with Noah's sons and wives, but are the result of the mixing of species.
And what about Australia? How did the marsupials and galahs get to Australia? If that ruin up in Turkey is the Ark - how did koalas get to Australia and nowhere else? Did they walk? or swim? Why don't AIG go to Turkey and claim that that 'rocky outcrop' is the Ark? - wouldn't they be the first to jump on that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
New Jersey.
KAA -- RECHT !!!
There are so many problems with Noah's flood - how did Ham, Shem and Japheth spring from the same loins?
Um … it's basic Avians & Anthophila.
Supposedly Ham migrated to Africa and became the black Africans.
Egypt in the Bible is known as the "land of Ham."

Psalm 105:23 Israel also came into Egypt; and Jacob sojourned in the land of Ham.

Psalm 105:27 They shewed his signs among them, and wonders in the land of Ham.

Psalm 106:22 Wondrous works in the land of Ham, and terrible things by the Red sea.

Whereas, the more reasonable hypothesis is that the original Eve originated in East Africa, and migrated into Europe where they encountered Neanderthal, and mixed with another species, better adapted to cold climates. The races did not originate with Noah's sons and wives, but are the result of the mixing of species.
Don't tell me -- let me guess:

th

And what about Australia? How did the marsupials and galahs get to Australia? If that ruin up in Turkey is the Ark - how did koalas get to Australia and nowhere else? Did they walk? or swim?
Read the tail end of Acts 8 and you'll get an idea.

Acts 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
Acts 8:40 But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.

Why don't AIG go to Turkey and claim that that 'rocky outcrop' is the Ark? - wouldn't they be the first to jump on that?

You'll have to ask them.

I personally believe Noah dismantled it to build his homestead.

Upvote 0

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
KAA -- RECHT !!!

Read the tail end of Acts 8 and you'll get an idea.

Acts 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
Acts 8:40 But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.

I personally believe Noah dismantled it to build his homestead.

The evidence that Ron Wyatt discovered is convincing that that is the Ark up in the hills of Turkey - he found petrified laminated wood and big rivets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My interest is in scripture not science.
There is a LOT in the Bible that Science helps us to understand. Also History helps us to understand our Bible. Science is often based on Evidence like fossils that God gives us for a reason. I can understand if you reject their opinions about the evidence we have but we still have evidence that God Himself has given us and provided for us.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The evidence that Ron Wyatt discovered is convincing that that is the Ark up in the hills of Turkey - he found petrified laminated wood and big rivets.
Ron Wyatt had lots of physical evidence but it has not been establish if his evidence was true evidence or a forgery.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The evidence that Ron Wyatt discovered is convincing that that is the Ark up in the hills of Turkey -
Convincing to whom? Ron Wyatt?
Hiscosmicgoldfish3 said:
- he found petrified laminated wood and big rivets.
Rivets?

That ends it right there for me.

There were only two ingredients in making the Ark: gopher wood and pitch.

No nails, no screws, no nuts, no bolts, no rivets, no nothing.

Gopher wood and pitch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ron Wyatt had lots of physical evidence but it has not been establish if his evidence was true evidence or a forgery.
I don't know who this Ron Wyatt is, but once he starts sniffing for evidence he loses my respect.

Evidence might make a good Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark scenario; but that's about it.

Upvote 0

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The Lesser Caucasus Mountains are in Turkey and northern Iran.

Upvote 0