Michigan
✟327,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You quote verses, having no idea what the mean.

For example the one you just quoted.

Yes, not everyone shall enter into the KOH.
Only the born again.
So, if you are not born again, you dont enter the KOG or the KOH.

Well I think I understand the intent and meaning.

Is't HE saying "Not everyone who claims to be born again" are born again?

Isn't He saying "If you Love ME, Keep MY Sayings, not the saying of some religious franchise?

Isn't HE saying, He who hears the Sayings of the Word of God which became Flesh, and not only hears them, but "DOES" them, is building his house on a Rock that will endure to the end?

Isn't HE saying "Take Heed" that some religious men who call ME Lord, and preaches that I am truly the Christ, don't deceive you into believing I came to destroy the Law and Prophets I had written for your admonition, before I became Flesh?

I believe I'm understanding HIM as HE intended me to understand Him.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil W
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am completely holy...thanks be to the sanctifying blood of Christ.
The Holy Spirit won't dwell in a defiled temple.

Good point, but the "wholly" refers to the "whole" assembly.
Not to partially sanctified individuals.
The warnings given in verses 6 & 7, and 14 & 15 seem to "illuminate" the unsanctified in their midst.
Men are either cleansed and atoned for or they aren't.

Agreed, but it is written..."By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." (Heb 10:10)
It is finished already.
To show it has already occurred... "Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?" (Heb 10:29)...is written.
Past tense.

Sanctification happens in one felt swoop, at the application of the sanctifying blood of our Savior.
You are using the word "sanctify" to describe 'growing in grace and knowledge'.

I only checked a few of your kindly supplied script's, (usually if one 'click's on a verse it will open in its own little box, but wouldn't do that this time), and saw that 1 Cor 6:11 says "are sanctified".
Don't you see that their sanctification "was" already accomplished?

Some use the "gradual sanctification" doctrine to accommodate continued sin in their lives.
It is not from God.

Justification means we are declared righteous (through the blood of Christ, while sanctification means growing in righteousness (through the work of the Holy Spirit).

Justification refers to God’s declaration that someone is determined to be righteous in his sight. This justification is a one-time act whereby God declares a sinner like you and me to be not only not guilty but perfectly righteous before his high bar of justice. How does God does this and maintain his justice? The basis for the divine declaration is the doing and dying of Christ. God credits (or imputes) us with the righteousness (merit) of Jesus. We are justified by grace (a gift) through faith (trusting in Jesus). Some great verses are Romans 3.24 Romans 4.1-5 Romans 5.1 2 Corinthians 5.21 Titus 3.7.

Sanctification, on the other hand, is the continual process of being made more holy. It is the progressive conformity of the one who has been justified into the image of their Savior through the work of the Holy Spirit. Like justification, sanctification is a work of grace through faith. And, sanctification is possible because of the finished work of Christ on our behalf. Some great verses are Rom. 6; 8; Titus 3.5; 1 Thessalonians 4.3, 1 Thessalonians 5.23 Hebrews 12.14 2 Peter 3.18 Jude 1.20

What’s the difference?

Justification happens outside of you, you are declared righteous.
Sanctification happens inside of you, you are made righteous.
Justification is a one-time event, and sanctification is a continual process. When we are justified, we are declared righteous positionally (that is, before God we are righteous). However, while we are positionally righteous, we are practically not perfectly righteous. While doubtless growing in grace, we are still, when compared to Christ, unrighteous. Sanctification then is the gradual conformity to the likeness of Christ. In other words, sanctification is the gradual process of becoming practically what we are positionally (righteous).
Justification is not being made righteous.
Justification is not based upon what we do.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Salvation does not allow you to stop being born again.
The only thing you can walk away from is a correct understanding of the Blood Atonement and Eternal life.
You've made it.

sounds like once saved always saved theology and that is not so

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No, actually im not.
What i do is use the verses in my sentences, instead of quoting 40 verses that noone reads.

It is in black and white...you did change it...nothing you say will change that

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is in black and white...you did change it...nothing you say will change that

You have no proof.
You dont quote, you just talk.
Talk is not proof.
As i said, i don't change verses, but i probably don't use the bible you use...so, it could be that my version's verses are a little different then yours..
So, then, it just comes down to the context.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You have no proof.
You dont quote, you just talk.
Talk is not proof.
As i said, i don't change verses, but i probably don't use the bible you use...so, it could be that my version's verses are a little different then yours..
So, then, it just comes down to the context.

Anyone can go back and see what you wrote. The original Greek does NOT say "born again, YOU inserted it into that verse.

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone can go back and see what you wrote. The original Greek does NOT say "born again, YOU inserted it into that verse.

What verse?

Also, is the verse talking about people who are born again?
If so, i will often paraphrase a verse, so that its shown to be speaking to a Gentile unbeliever, a Unsaved Hebrew, or a Born again Christian.
And if i do this, i dont "quote" the verse, i just use it as an Evangelist or Teacher will use it when teaching.

Also, there is no such thing as the "original Greek".
There is no "original" greek text. There are only copies of copies, and a rare very old piece, or fragment.
You dont know this, because you are not trained in manuscript evidence.

There are at least 30 extant "greek" texts, and none are "original".

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What verse?

Also, is the verse talking about people who are born again?
If so, i will often paraphrase a verse, so that its shown to be speaking to a Gentile unbeliever, a Unsaved Hebrew, or a Born again Christian.
And if i do this, i dont "quote" the verse, i just use it as an Evangelist or Teacher will use it when teaching.

Also, there is no such thing as the "original Greek".
There is no "original" greek text. There are only copies of copies, and a rare very old piece, or fragment.
You dont know this, because you are not trained in manuscript evidence.

There are at least 30 extant "greek" texts, and none are "original".

The verse (your first post in this thread) you inserted "born again" into when the Greek says "we". Your definition of "born again" may be and likely is different than others. Using your logic, someone can put anything they want into that verse...could say we Roman Catholics. Some may believe that Roman Catholics are not "born again" within your definition. I am not "trained in manuscript evidence" LOL? The oldest Greek manuscript then.

You wrote:
look at this NT verse....and believe it.
"as Jesus IS........so ARE.....the born again, ... IN THIS WORLD".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The verse you inserted "born again" into when the Greek says "we". Your definition of "born again" may be and likely is different than others. Using your logic, someone can put anything they want into that verse...could say we Roman Catholics. Some may believe that Roman Catholics are not "born again" within your definition. I am not "trained in manuscript evidence" LOL? The oldest Greek manuscript then.

The oldest manuscripts are not the most widely used.
Just stay with the Latin that created the Catholic .
or the Textus Receptus that created the KJV and Nestles's 1st.
Omit others

Im still not quite connecting with what you are trying to prove.

A teacher teaches. And im one.
I don't generally post a lot of bible verses as this tends to just waste space and obscure.
I dont need you to read verses, i need you to see LIGHT.
When Jesus taught, He didn't generally quote the Torah.. He instead explained verses, by stories, and by expounding ideas.
Thats what i do. Thats what a real teacher will do.
See, if im not a teacher of Truth, then me posting 40 bible verses is just like the other people here who are deceivers, who always post a page full of verses that they don't understand.

I dont do that.

I teach, by expounding, so, that will include expounding (opening) a verse.
A believer learns doctrine by comparing scripture with scripture.
But a teacher opens verses by expounding them WIDER and with the clarity of discernment.....Not to change the verse, not to doctor the context, but to help te reader see it, clearly.
A verse is no use to you if you can't see its LIGHT.
A teacher like me, helps you to see the Light.

Here is an example.

"If you walk in the Light, you will not sin".
Well, most versions, say...>"you will not commit works of the Flesh".
"works of the flesh", is how the NT defines "sin" as no longer being that TITLE, because that title was only truth when the person being addressed is not born again.
So, a unbeliever is a sinner, because the LAW has dominion over them, to proclaim them to be so.
But a born again Christian is not under the law....they are "under GRACE", and Grace does not define your "sin", as sin".
It defines it as a "work of the flesh". or as i teach it, a carnal deed.
So, if someone says....>"we are saved sinners", then that isnt correct, as we could only be a SINNER if we are an UNBELIEVER who is under the LAW.
So, saying someone is a saved sinner, is similar to saying they are a saved unbeliever.
That does not fit the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The oldest manuscripts are not the most widely used.
Just stay with the Latin that created the Catholic .
or the Textus Receptus that created the KJV and Nestles's 1st.
Omit others

Im still not quite connecting with what you are trying to prove.

A teacher teaches. And im one.
I don't generally post a lot of bible verses as this tends to just waste space and obscure.
I dont need you to read verses, i need you to see LIGHT.
When Jesus taught, He didn't generally quote the Torah.. He instead explained verses, by stories, and by expounding ideas.
Thats what i do. Thats what a real teacher will do.
See, if im not a teacher of Truth, then me posting 40 bible verses is just like the other people here who are deceivers, who always post a page full of verses that they don't understand.

I dont do that.

I teach, by expounding, so, that will include expounding (opening) a verse.
A believer learns doctrine by comparing scripture with scripture.
But a teacher opens verses by expounding them WIDER and with the clarity of discernment.....Not to change the verse, not to doctor the context, but to help te reader see it, clearly.
A verse is no use to you if you can't see its LIGHT.
A teacher like me, helps you to see the Light.

All of your excuses aside, the truth is that you changed scripture. There are no texts that use the phrase "born again" in that verse...and by you adding that, you are forcing your theology into scripture. Someone who does not know better may think that what you wrote was the actual verse from the Bible since you put it in quotes...

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Salvation does not allow you to stop being born again.
The only thing you can walk away from is a correct understanding of the Blood Atonement and Eternal life.
You've made it.
"Stop being born again"?
This phrase is confusing..
How can one stop something that happens in an instant?

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Stop being born again"?
This phrase is confusing..
How can one stop something that happens in an instant?

Exactly.

How can you stop being born.....
Its impossible.
Yet, 90% of the people on any Christian forum, will tell you that you can stop being saved...
"you can walk away".
"you have to keep abiding".
"be careful that you dont become a branch that is burned".

= blah, blah, blah.......self saving carnal grace rejecting baby believers.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exactly.

How can you stop being born.....
Its impossible.
Yet, 90% of the people on any Christian forum, will tell you that you can stop being saved...
"you can walk away".
"you have to keep abiding".
"be careful that you dont become a branch that is burned".

= blah, blah, blah.......self saving carnal grace rejecting baby believers.
OK, OK.
I was thinking of something else.
I never even consider walking away form God, so it was a new "arena" for me to consider.
Carry on...

Upvote 0