Wales
✟112,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
There seems to be no path to become a believer. For Saul there was a flash of light. But for most people, it seems that they way you become a believer, is to really, really believe. Then you are saved, and you know you are saved because you really, really believe you are saved.

The problem is that I don't believe... so I can't feel forgiven and saved, I don't feel reborn... precisely because being reborn in Christ IS believing you are reborn.. and nothing ing else apparently.

But what about after you really, really believe... Do you ever get confirmation....
Did you? But don't expect any change.. correct?

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There seems to be no path to become a believer. For Saul there was a flash of light. But for most people, it seems that they way you become a believer, is to really, really believe. Then you are saved, and you know you are saved because you really, really believe you are saved.

The problem is that I don't believe... so I can't feel forgiven and saved, I don't feel reborn... precisely because being reborn in Christ IS believing you are reborn.. and nothing ing else apparently.

But what about after you really, really believe... Do you ever get confirmation....

In a certain sense, that is correct. But the crucial psychological factor for some oddity known as Christian Belief boils down to what each of us expects to "see."

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

The belief is like everyday belief. No magic feeling will come over you, etc.. So it is like a person promises you something like say, taking you out to diner tomorrow. You either believe them and that they will take you out or you do not believe them and you think they are unreliable.

The only difference about belief in Jesus for Eternal Life, is that God can not lie or be unreliable. So of a person does not believe the view God as like any other person and not really God. Especially the God found in The Bible.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟245,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I think you've been talking to too many Evangelicals. The path is simple: go to your local church and sign up for the inquiry or catechumenate class. Christianity does not exist apart from churches and real communities. If you are to become a Christian then you must become part of a particular community, and any Christian community worthy of the name will have paths in.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t agree with @zippy2006 . Faith is in Jesus as savior, lover of men’s souls and fulfilling a certain need possibly.
You see God for what He does for us, you want that , all of it. So you believe in Him. But not in every case. After that your faith helps you weather the storms of life, or is tested for sureness. Your fellowship can help too. You can believe He is the truth when you read the Bible and believe.

• Useful
Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Did you see my reply to your thread titled, "Personal Relationship"? I answered all your questions there. Here, the answers are just as simple.

There is only one path to becoming a true Christian. You must accept as fact that Jesus died for your own personal sins when He died on the cross, you must accept as fact that He rose from the dead and is alive at this very moment. If you believe these things with no doubting and call on Him to save you from your sins, then He will hear from heaven, forgive your sins, and make you a new creature by means of spiritual birth. If He saves you and brings you to life spiritually, you will know it. Believe me, you will know it.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

saved from what ?

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Christianity does not exist apart from churches and real communities.
Why 'evangelicals' how about what the truth says? Doesn't Christianity go 'into all the world', including those who have heard the gospel yet, possibly thereafter exiled?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Believe it or not, you are on a path. Some people need more proof before they commit and some do not. Love is actually the first step.
1. Love Him
2. Repent and believe in His Gospel of truth
3. Recieve His Holy Spirit that will regenerate
4. Confirmation is realized through ones works known as the " fruit of the Holy Spirit ".
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a hard time teaching nonbelievers who are happy with the way things are and really do not want to change, so i just set a seed (future option). Fortunately, or unfortunately, if we live long enough, we will experience tragedies, providing us with a need to believe. It is extremely hard for a strong proud person to humble themselves to the point of accept pure undeserved charity as charity, but that is all God can offer us, since we deserve nothing. Do you feel a need to believe?

Upvote 0

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Some people need more proof before they commit and some do not.
John Henry Newman extolled the principle of your assent to your degrees of your inference (in matters not of religion, also).

William Clifford stressed it's our responsibility not to claim to believe something out of codependency or mental reservation.

Believing Thomas (of the spectacularly bad timing) asked Jesus the best questions and He gave him the best answers.

Upvote 0

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Love is actually the first step.
1. Love Him
2. Repent and believe in His Gospel of truth
3. Recieve His Holy Spirit that will regenerate
4. Confirmation is realized through ones works known as the "fruit of the Holy Spirit".
Maria is onto it here but I learned the slow and hard way to keep away from excitable shallow people that don't teach like this.

The only feelings that should be involved are sanity and balance.

Knowing comes from lots of information and due diligence.

Upvote 0