Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There is certainly enough evidence to conclude that Palestinians are a Levantine group that has roots in the region dating back thousands of years, sharing a cultural and ethnic similarity to Syrian and Lebanese ethnicities, among others. While I guess it's sorta true to say Palestinians as a specific national group is a recent phenomena, the actual culture and ethnic background of Palestinians is very real, and far more real than the roots most Jewish Israelies have in the region.

I disagree, but let's assume that you are correct.
It doesn't matter. The Palestinian Mandate was
always set aside for the Jews. England split off
Jordan from what was supposed to be Israel, in
order to appease the Muslims. None of the
Mandates were questioned except for Israel.
Otherwise, Saddam Hussein could have kept
Kuwait because it used to belong to Iraq.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I do not believe the word of God can be used to justify sin and ethnic cleansing. Not by a long shot.

If you think there is ethnic cleansing going on in Israel,
then someone has fed you a lot of bull. If any other
nation had the problem with terrorism that Israel has,
they would long ago have stomped them out, whatever
the cost to the terrorists.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If any other nation had the problem with terrorism that Israel has, they would long ago have stomped them out,

Any body ever questions why Israel still give a kind chance for the hostile palestine in Gaza to live ??? despite of their rocket attacks, mortars, bullets, stones, tunnels attacks, bus bombs, stabbing, kidnapping, blasphemies toward God, becomes a daily events.

Despite of the fact that the Palestine never gives a single chance for the Israelis to live in Peace, Israel still tolerate them and never attack them unless provoked first. Any nations of the world would kill their agressors once and for all !!!

Israel even gave financial help to support people in Gaza, would you believe it ?

Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
If you think there is ethnic cleansing going on in Israel,
then someone has fed you a lot of bull. If any other
nation had the problem with terrorism that Israel has,
they would long ago have stomped them out, whatever
the cost to the terrorists.

I think it's important to ask why the terrorism exists in the first place. The first act of aggression was the creation of Israel in the first place, the second was forcing millions from their homes. Also, Israel CONTINUES to build more and more settlements and destroy more and more homes on Palestinian land. I think it is important to condemn terrorism and terrorist attacks, but I think any group of people would want resist, even violently, such an oppression.

I disagree, but let's assume that you are correct.
It doesn't matter. The Palestinian Mandate was
always set aside for the Jews. England split off
Jordan from what was supposed to be Israel, in
order to appease the Muslims. None of the
Mandates were questioned except for Israel.
Otherwise, Saddam Hussein could have kept
Kuwait because it used to belong to Iraq.

Most of the mandates were questioned as much due to the fact that generally, those of the same cultural and ethnic heritage were placed within the same mandate, with few exceptions. Levantine people were mostly placed with Levantine people, Arabs placed with Arabs, etc. However, Israel by the fact if its existence required an aggression on much of the native population of Palestine.

Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Any body ever questions why Israel still give a kind chance for the hostile palestine in Gaza to live ??? despite of their rocket attacks, mortars, bullets, stones, tunnels attacks, bus bombs, stabbing, kidnapping, blasphemies toward God, becomes a daily events.

Despite of the fact that the Palestine never gives a single chance for the Israelis to live in Peace, Israel still tolerate them and never attack them unless provoked first. Any nations of the world would kill their agressors once and for all !!!

Israel even gave financial help to support people in Gaza, would you believe it ?

Fun Fact: Israel was actually one of the earliest supporters of Hamas. Israel wishes to divide the Palestinian cause and support a radical Islamic organization that would undermine the secular Fatah, and it seems like Israel's plan worked.
How Israel Helped to Spawn Hamas - WSJ.com

WikiLeaks:

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I think it's important to ask why the terrorism exists in the first place. The first act of aggression was the creation of Israel in the first place, the second was forcing millions from their homes. Also, Israel CONTINUES to build more and more settlements and destroy more and more homes on Palestinian land. I think it is important to condemn terrorism and terrorist attacks, but I think any group of people would want resist, even violently, such an oppression.

Let me take a guess here that you know little or nothing
of the post-WW1 League of Nations Mandates?
https://www.saylor.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/League-of-Nations-Mandate.pdf

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Most of the mandates were questioned as much due to the fact that generally, those of the same cultural and ethnic heritage were placed within the same mandate, with few exceptions. Levantine people were mostly placed with Levantine people, Arabs placed with Arabs, etc. However, Israel by the fact if its existence required an aggression on much of the native population of Palestine.

What happened in the Jordan half of the Palestine Mandate?
They kicked out all Jews who lived there. The same happened
in other mandates. All Jews who were kicked out were taken
in by Israel. There were as many Jews kicked out as there were
Muslims in Israel, but the Jews were willing to let them stay,
as citizens of Israel. They didn't even have to do that. They
were free to kick them out just as the Muslim states did with
the Jews.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What happened in the Jordan half of the Palestine Mandate?
They kicked out all Jews who lived there. The same happened
in other mandates. All Jews who were kicked out were taken
in by Israel. There were as many Jews kicked out as there were
Muslims in Israel, but the Jews were willing to let them stay,
as citizens of Israel. They didn't even have to do that. They
were free to kick them out just as the Muslim states did with
the Jews.

Jordan is a vast, empty country. Israel is a tiny, crowded country. The solution to the puzzle is often presented as Israel giving up land. I don't believe it! God be with you:)

• Agree
Reactions: pat34lee
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you read the post that I wrote that post to?

Yes. No protests when the Ottomans were ruling the Palestinians. I thought you were agreeing with him by saying it's a religious angle. Yarddog, God Bless You, being cryptic and acerbic is perhaps assuredly fun, but can you cut to the chase and say what you mean, please? (I'm not getting your drift). God Bless You.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes. No protests when the Ottomans were ruling the Palestinians. I thought you were agreeing with him by saying it's a religious angle. Yarddog, God Bless You, being cryptic and acerbic is perhaps assuredly fun, but can you cut to the chase and say what you mean, please? (I'm not getting your drift). God Bless You.
The Ottomans were Sunni Muslims. He mused that since the Palestinians didn't object to Ottoman rule why are they objecting to Jewish rule. I simply pointed out that they were under Sunni Muslim rule then and the majority of Palestinians are Sunni Muslim. Of course the Ottomans were very good to Jerusalem so that helped as well.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the US ought to just keep out of the conflict and take a position of neutrality. I fail to see much strategic value of taking one side over the other regarding who's land it is and where borders ought to be drawn. Probably nothing good would come of it. Israel has been a good American ally, as have Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Turkey...

But all of this is hardly possible when such a large portion of the voter base, namely mostly protestant evangelicals (typically Republican in partisan affiliation), support Israel and anything/everything it does based fundamentally on theological reasoning that seems to be dubious at the least. The support Israel crowd, at least in my experience, seems to do so, largely, uncritically and without much regard to America's principles. And they do this because they think some bible passages prophecy about it, command it, and require it as a necessary event leading up to the return of Christ. And who wants to go against what God commands? Who doesn't want to see the return of Christ soon? Many answer "not me" and "not me" and so want to see Israel reclaiming certain borders, at whatever cost, and see certain events they expect to happen so Jesus can return and fix everything. Plus many of them expect to be whisked away into the clouds and escape the conflict they want to bring on.

I think there ought to be a penalty. If you support events and activity that result in ethnic strife, loss of life and loss of property, then every time either side has a loss of life or loss of property, $5 is removed from your bank account. A checkpoint bombing could be a little expensive for you as could bulldozing houses.

Ok, that's a little tongue in cheek, but the point is that it's easy to support one side in a foreign conflict when you're comfortable on your couch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarcoline
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I think the US ought to just keep out of the conflict and take a position of neutrality. I fail to see much strategic value of taking one side over the other regarding who's land it is and where borders ought to be drawn. Probably nothing good would come of it. Israel has been a good American ally, as have Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Turkey...
Ok, that's a little tongue in cheek, but the point is that it's easy to support one side in a foreign conflict when you're comfortable on your couch.

It's called believing what God said. If someone is under the
mistaken belief that anything we do will hasten or delay his
timing, they are wrong. I believe it is more those who don't
believe that have the problem with motivation. There is no
equivalence between Israel and the Muslim nations. Muslims
own over 99% of the Middle East, and until oil was found in
Israel's territory recently, they held all the mineral wealth.

The Muslim holy sites are in Saudi Arabia. Until the Jews
began returning in numbers, they had no special interest in
Israel. The land ownership issue is a farce. People lose land
whenever a government changes hands, and it happened to
Jews all over the Middle East. The Palestinians are the ONLY
group that was not brought back into countries dominated
by their own religious groups. That evil falls squarely on the
Muslims and the UN, who use them as bargaining chips.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
No Palestine nation when The State of Israel was established in 1948

In 1949, the Jewish minority in Israeli were largely first generation east Europeans that had been displaced and emigrated to Palestine during the first half of the 20thC.

Conversely, the native Palestinians had lived there for millenniums, and any attempt to portray them as nothing more than squatters, residing on Jewish land, is absurd!

Given its strategic location, much of this region's history, both Jewish and Palestinian, has been that of being relegated to colonial status by some great power!

Christians see the Jewish return to Israel as the fulfilment of Biblical prophecy, but that doesn't justify disenfranchising millions of Palestinians who don't happen to share this interpretation of history!

Upvote 0