No one helps man bleeding out, as he dies in the streets pleading for help.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There have been a ton of studies that show that when something happens in a heavily trafficked area everyone thinks someone else will call or do something.

I know from experience that Los Angeles is better than most places as I have called the authorities regarding accidents several times and only once been the first to reach them, and that in the time before cell phones at night when a pay phone was hard to find.

Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
There have been a ton of studies that show that when something happens in a heavily trafficked area everyone thinks someone else will call or do something.

I know from experience that Los Angeles is better than most places as I have called the authorities regarding accidents several times and only once been the first to reach them, and that in the time before cell phones at night when a pay phone was hard to find.

Most of those have to do with someone being attacked, not someone who is hurt and simply asking for help.
There is diffusion of responsibility when there are more people, but most of those cases involve a attacker and people not wanting to get into trouble as well.

In this particular case, there was simply a wounded man who needed help.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Most of those have to do with someone being attacked, not someone who is hurt and simply asking for help.
There is diffusion of responsibility when there are more people, but most of those cases involve a attacker and people not wanting to get into trouble as well.

In this particular case, there was simply a wounded man who needed help.

No, the studies are all over the place. One I remember in particular was just a flat tire. In an ironic twist that one found out that pretty young lady was less apt to get help than an old man. Seems everyone thought the pretty young thing would have no trouble getting help.

Upvote 0