• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

No Need to Fear Charismatic Renewal

Discussion in 'Charismatic Catholic Renewal' started by LinuxUser, Jun 30, 2011.

1. LinuxUser

LinuxUser Well-Known Member

+74
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    P. Raniero Cantalamessa, ofmcap - Prediche e Conferenze

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. janealex

janealex Newbie

+1
    Word of Faith
    Married
    This thread written on linux ?

3. LinuxUser

+74
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes it was, Xubuntu :) Though I'm in Win 7 right now

4. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+7,000
    Christian
    They always come crawling back. :D

OS aside, I came back to the church via the Charismatic movement. I love them.

5. PeaceRose

PeaceRose Guest

+0
    What is win7 please?

6. PeaceRose

PeaceRose Guest

+0
    Ah, found it !

7. xfisherman

xfisherman Newbie

+7
    Pentecostal
    Married
    During the Reformation,the Roman Catholic religion set up the counter reformation,and now Pentecostalism,they want to follow it because many are turning to Pentecostalism and its getting more and more popular. A Church that don't have the fullness of truth always follow or imitate others instead of leading.

8. steve_bakr

steve_bakr Christian

+195
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    The Roman Catholic.Church has the richest tradition.

9. xfisherman

xfisherman Newbie

+7
    Pentecostal
    Married
    No matter what you say,my statement still stands.

10. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Guest

+0
    I believe that there is going to be again another great outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon everyone. The Lord will renew the face of the earth. This I believe will coincide with the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary when she shall crush the head of Satan. There will then be granted a period of peace upon the earth.

11. steve_bakr

steve_bakr Christian

+195
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Come, Holy Spirit, come.

12. steve_bakr

steve_bakr Christian

+195
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Be that as it may, I am merely pointing out to you that, if you research it, it is the Catholic Church that has the richest spiritual tradition--from St Francis of Assisi to St John of the Cross to Thomas Merton. As to "imitation", the Charisma is not under the ownership of any denomination. The Spirit moves wherever so it wills.

Peace

13. LinuxUser

+74
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Thank you mark1

14. truthHurts77

truthHurts77 Newbie

+26
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican
    all this talk about being renewed "in the Spirt"

what about being renewed in God's WORD

soemthing worse than the greeting in the middle of the Mass is this:

people cannot read along at daily Mass in most parishes i have been in

some people buy books so they can read the daily readings.. i am thnakful they are available.. and since the readings do not change ... We have Reading A, B and C and once we go through that 3 yr cycle, they repeat...

so anyhow... once you go through ABC you can save your book and go through the same readings the next 3 yrs so this book (or books) is a one time expense..

but i have been Catholic all my life (devoutly so 4 the last severl yrs) and i just now found out about these books.

and what about those who can't afford them? true, most probably can... but my point is that

how about being baptized in the WORD???

the Word brings the Spirit...

15. whitetiger1

whitetiger1 Well-Known Member

+53
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    What does your post have to do with the OP? You can't be baptized in the Bible and Catholics don't go for Bible alone. The best way to study the Bible is to do it side by side with the Catechism. Though maybe your not talking about that.

16. truthHurts77

truthHurts77 Newbie

+26
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican
    i really hate it that at daily Mass we cannot read along... at least at MOST Churches you can't

It was when i started heearing the Word daily that i began to understand God better and it is only in u/standing Him that we can be close to Him..

its just like a marriage.

if the husband never speaks to his wife and tells her what is on his mind (and most husbands seem to be this way... but uh... what do i know... never been married...) In any case... not good when 2 in a relationship do not know one anohter

and when Jesus rejected people, he said "Depart from Me, i never knew you" (not sure where that is found in the Word but it is there )

notice he does not say You never knew ME

but I never knew YOU

interesting...

17. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,273
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I was somewhat surprised by your comment. I thought that most bishops frowned at the idea of "reading along".

ZENIT - Use of a Hand Missal at Mass

18. Bob Carabbio

Bob Carabbio Old guy -

+466
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    "During the Reformation,the Roman Catholic religion set up the counter reformation,and now Pentecostalism,"

You may want to take a look at Notre Dame in 1966 for the start of the Charismatic outpouring in the U.S. Catholic Church in prayer meetings that were going on at the time.

The "Charismatic outpouring" wasn't "Based on" Pentecostalism, and never had much to do with it. By the same token, the Pentecostals REJECTED the Charismatics (Catholic and otherwise) because of the charismatic dismissal of "Clothesline Holiness" in the Pentecostal genres.

"A Church that don't have the fullness of truth always follow or imitate others instead of leading."

And that, of course would be ALL denominational groups INCLUDING Orthodox and Catholic Genres - all of whom THINK they posses the "Fullness of truth" according to their Paradigms, and NONE OF WHOM actually do.

But just because the Charismatic Catholics "Seem" to be doing the same things as the Pentecostals, that doesn't mean that they're "Imitating" them. The Charismatic Outpouring among the denominations was a sovereign move of God that affected the Church throughout the World in the late '60s and '70s.