Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Do you first discuss your thoughts with the Pentagon, your mom, your spouse, or anyone before you publicly reveal your thoughts?

Tweets, blogs, forums, sitting around your table, or Trump doing the same have NO legal baring whatsoever.

I'm not the POTUS and the White House hasn't stated that my Tweets are official statements. The Pentagon doesn't read them & worry I'm about to announce that I'm going to nuke North Korea, or try to change major policy. They don't have to give official statements. Now, the Tweets didn't automatically change things, but it sure did have a huge impact.

I'm not reading the rest of what you wrote, because this part I quoted was enough to tell me the game you're playing. You're acting like Trump's Tweets are just the same as Average Joe's, just him expressing personal opinion. That's either straight-up dishonesty, or total ignorance. Trump knows that his Tweets have an impact. He gets off on the power he has from that, from just being able to dump out Tweets and have it cause consequences.
Don't write to me again.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,896.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not the POTUS and the White House hasn't stated that my Tweets are official statements. The Pentagon doesn't read them & worry I'm about to announce that I'm going to nuke North Korea, or try to change major policy. They don't have to give official statements. Now, the Tweets didn't automatically change things, but it sure did have a huge impact.

Someone in the Pentagon has decided he's found the sword he might have to fall upon.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm not reading the rest of what you wrote, because this part I quoted was enough to tell me the game you're playing. You're acting like Trump's Tweets are just the same as Average Joe's, just him expressing personal opinion. That's either straight-up dishonesty, or total ignorance. Trump knows that his Tweets have an impact. He gets off on the power he has from that, from just being able to dump out Tweets and have it cause consequences.
Don't write to me again.

It must be frustrating, and even embarrassing, for his staff and for Pentagon officials to keep up with damage control after Trump takes to Twitter to either boast himself or carelessly tweets incorrect policies like he did this time. I feel sorry for his staff and for the military officials who have to scramble around to counter what he foolishly tweets or some of the things he recklessly or inappropriately says in his public speeches. It must be a very daunting task. I'm surprised there isn't a higher turnover rate.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not the POTUS ... The Pentagon doesn't read them ...game you're playing... dishonesty, or total ignorance... Trump knows...He gets off on the power he has from that,

Fascinating - Pentagon, Trump, me.....total 23,000 people; and you have the heads up on what we think, do, say, integrity, intelligence.

ooooh rah, "tweet power"! "psychic power"! "forum power"! "ordering power"!

Don't write to me again.

:idea: Be an example of how that works.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,896.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would think if one takes a military pole 98% do not want them in there.

When are we going to stop appeasing the 2%?
M-Bob

The military never does anything by poll or vote. Heck, we might vote not to go to war. Can't have that.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The military never does anything by poll or vote. Heck, we might vote not to go to war. Can't have that.

I think you might have missed the key word ((if)).

M-Bob

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,896.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you might have missed the key word ((if)).

M-Bob

I think you missed the point is that the military doesn't care what the soldiers think about their orders.

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I'm tired of is the politicians making the military a proving ground for their social re-engineering agenda, as Obama did the 8 years he was in office. The military is made up predominately young men and women, who at times are placed in very extreme stressful situations. They do not need to have crap forced down their throats. They deserve better than that. I'm saying this as someone who has served in the Marines, and has a son currently serving in the Marines.

Reactions: Mccleary
Upvote 0