No more revelations from God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob?!

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
How would you personally recognize the time of gathering of Israel and coming of Messiah?
If you can't answer this question here I will understand.

There are a few main prophecies Jews point to for us to recognize that the Messiah has come. I can back these up with Tanakh (Bible) quotes if you desire, but I'll just list a few of them for now:

1. Universal knowledge of G-d. Everybody will know of Him from the least to the greatest and none shall ask their neighbor to know the Lord.

2. Universal peace. Pretty big one here. No warfare anywhere on the planet.

3. All Jews and exiles gathered to Israel and the world turns to Israel to be taught about G-d.

4. The Temple is rebuilt.

Basically all these things (plus a few others) must happen for a Jew who follows Judaism to state that the Messiah has come.

• Informative
Reactions: Alla27
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat:
upload_2016-11-5_18-47-33.png

This thread underwent a thread clean to remove flames against Jews.. Remember to read the SOP as this forum is for fellowship, understanding and uniting Hearts and not for debate and division.

Also follow the lead of the Ambassadors Jay and Laura and Lulav(and others) they will definitely be helpful to you here:)

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Alla27

English is my second language
Dec 13, 2015
Idaho
✟9,156.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are a few main prophecies Jews point to for us to recognize that the Messiah has come. I can back these up with Tanakh (Bible) quotes if you desire, but I'll just list a few of them for now:

1. Universal knowledge of G-d. Everybody will know of Him from the least to the greatest and none shall ask their neighbor to know the Lord.

2. Universal peace. Pretty big one here. No warfare anywhere on the planet.

3. All Jews and exiles gathered to Israel and the world turns to Israel to be taught about G-d.

4. The Temple is rebuilt.

Basically all these things (plus a few others) must happen for a Jew who follows Judaism to state that the Messiah has come.
Yes, please, back up.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't think main stream Christianity ever gave a reason.

Only stepping in to provide a mainstream Christian response:

Christ. Christ is the reason according to mainstream Christianity. Jesus is God's ultimate yes to every covenant, promise, and word spoken by the holy prophets of old. There hasn't been a "prophet" in the "Old Testament" sense since St. John the Baptist, he is the last of what we might term the "Old Testament Saints" and the last of the Prophets. In the traditional Icon of the Anastasis, where Christ is in She'ol raising Adam and Eve from their sarcophagi, it shows the Saints on either side, on the left side of the icon the patriarchs, kings of Israel, and usually John the Baptist are depicted; on the right the Apostles and the later Saints; thus showing how Christ redeems, has saved, all the dead.

resurrection2007.jpg

The scraggly-haired one just left of Jesus is John the Baptist, he is there with what I believe is Solomon and David; notice how John looks back to the saints of the past (David and Solomon) while pointing forward to Christ (in other examples of the icon it is similar).

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In Judaism, the Holy Spirit is God but not in a triune nature.
Can you elaborate on that?

ETA: I just read the sticky threads and apparently the forum is for Jews and Messianics only. I saw other types of posters in here and assumed it was ok. My bad. Never mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Mod Hat:View attachment 185118
This thread underwent a thread clean to remove flames against Jews.. Remember to read the SOP as this forum is for fellowship, understanding and uniting Hearts and not for debate and division.

Also follow the lead of the Ambassadors Jay and Laura and Lulav(and others) they will definitely be helpful to you here:)

MOD HAT OFF
This is the first time that I have visited the Jewish Forum and I wish to thank our Jewish friends who post here. It appears that I missed some very sad postings against Jews. Such is most unfortunate and not fitting for anyone who calls himself a Christian. I would remind all of us that Jesus was raised in a Jewish home.

Upvote 0