sincerebliss

Apr 22, 2005
Southern Indiana
✟528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today is day number..16, I believe, without drinking coke. It's been pretty hard. I've drank it ever since I was three years old. I'm addicted to the stuff, though, I feel I'm losing some weight by refraining from it. Has anyone else abstained from coke products or intend to? Water is so much better for your body.:crossrc:

Alicia

FunkyBrother

Apr 7, 2005
Oldham
Visit site
✟8,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

progressivegal

Jan 3, 2005
✟16,438.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You can do it! I gave up pop about a month and a half to two months ago and it's been great. I did have some organic soda (not bad though because there was no phosphoric acid, sugar, or artificial sweeteners, just some sparkling water and herbs, yeah for Terra Soda!) and a ginder ale once. It was diet Coke and pepsi that I was addicted too and I don't miss it at all. I have more energy, sleep better, and everything. I always try to eat healthy, but I felt that it was so contradictory to be drinking pop while doing so. Rember that it's not about being perfect, it's OK if you slip up, just don't allow that to make you feel sabatoged and binge. The main thing is to be concious about it and not drink it often. Good luck and God Bless!

Upvote 0

thesongsofmysoul

Jun 7, 2005
North Carolina
✟15,973.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah I try to cut back on certain drinks like soda especially because my dentist told me not to drink it and if I just absolutely had to, then I should rinse out my mouth afterwards. It is so bad for your teeth!!! It eats them away and turns them nasty colors.

Upvote 0

Femme Savante

May 14, 2005
Arrakis
✟7,891.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
FunkyBrother said:
There's 54 grams of sugar in a 500ml bottle of coke (similar in other beverages). Some people drink up to 10 of these a day. That's 1/2 a kilo of sugar (and every little grain acts like a leech stripping your body of minerals).
If you can find it in your region -- the Kroeger grocery chain in Colorado carries it -- Orangina has exactly half the sugar of other soft drinks. It also has orange juice.

FS

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fieldmouse3

Contributor
Feb 14, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good for you! I don't drink soda very much, but in the past, I'd go on binges. Drinking Coke would sound really good one day, so I'd get one, but then I'd crave caffeine every day after that, so I wouldn't be able to stop. The only way to break the cycle was to go one day without drinking it. Then, it might be months before it would happen again! :)
As for now, I drink C2 Coke...the 1/2 carb version of Coke. Not as good for me as not drinking soda at all, but better than regular cola. I also drink TONS of water.

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am totally addicted to diet Coke. I do not drink it at home. That is my rule. I drink green tea and diet ice tea at home. I have given up so much in recent years. Sugar, alcohol, bingeing are just a few. I will give up the diet Coke someday. Just not today.

Upvote 0

FunkyBrother

Apr 7, 2005
Oldham
Visit site
✟8,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When people have sugar addiction they have a Fungal (Candida) problem that wants feeding. So they get urges for sugar and yeast products.

Candida is very nasty stuff and it is present at the source of every single cancer.

The way to get rid of it, is to starve it with an anti-candida diet.

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Stopped drinking soda a few months back. I feel alot better. I used to have problems going to sleep because of all the caffeine in my system but now I sleep fine. Dropped a few pounds too. I still have an occasional soda maybe 1 a week but nothing like the 6+ cans of Mt Dew I was pouring down my throat a day. Don't even miss it.

Upvote 0

cutekangaroo

Supreme Virtue
Jun 27, 2005
✟7,925.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I never really stopped drinking coke, but in the recent years, I drank it much less. Maybe one a week or less. I only drink it because where I work, it has it, but I usually grab the water bottle instead.

I still have alot of give up, I got about 50 pounds to drop.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cutekangaroo

Supreme Virtue
Jun 27, 2005
✟7,925.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
jdw4jesus said:
I tried giving up all pop before....it lasted 21 days (3 weeks) :(

Good luck with your effort....you have great will power

You live in Ohio, don't you?

I used to live there...

My dad grows up not drinking any soda until he's 55. He still drinks it, about a few times a week. i don't think that's bad.

It gets considerate when you drink like more one a day or more.

Upvote 0

cutekangaroo

Supreme Virtue
Jun 27, 2005
✟7,925.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I find myself eatting alot of yogurts these days. Yes, some of you may find yogurt silly and laugh at it, well that's your opinion. I think it's alot healthier than soda, etc.

So when I feel that my stomach needs alittle snack, I eat a cup of yogurt, and if I want a drink, I drink water. I do that when I feel in need of something little to eat, and wait until lunch or dinner to get my real food.

Upvote 0