Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To my understanding Calvinism teaches that supposedly God is in control of everything that happens and that people don't really have a free will.

The ramification of this theology is that now there's no morality. If God controls everything that you do and ever will do, then you can never do anything "immoral" because we know that God never does anything immoral. So God would never cause a person to do something immoral. Even if you killed someone, supposedly that was just God who made you do it because God controls everything. So then evil people could just blame God for their evil actions. You could justify murder by saying that God created you the way you are, and actually it was God who made you a murderer.

That's what Calvinism eventually boils down to. I actually used to believe in this before I became a Christian (real Christian anyway).
"for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." (Philippians 2:13),

"to be holy and blameless in his sight, to be adopted as his sons through Christ" (Ephesians 1:4-5),
"to be conformed to the likeness of his Son" that he may have many brothers (Romans 8:29).

I'm liking it. . .

• Winner
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0