• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

No inappropriate content or Masturbation for a Month! (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawlzor

Jul 9, 2008
✟111.00
Faith
Humanist
masturbation is it a crime? no it is not, but i have a serous serious problem, i do this, masturbating, fornictaing whatever u want to call it, i have a problem, i do it, i do to many things, males females dogs cats dead bodys migets peeing doesnt matter to me, for i love MASTURBATING and it is the road of life that i must take but it not something i take kind heartly for i need help with this problem of mastbation. Sometimes I touch with my brother, and then we get the hot sticky cum all over each other.

Upvote 0

Lehr

Apr 8, 2007
Oklahoma
✟15,361.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
well after 5 days straight i failed on sunday.. i am on day 2 right now and i am hopin this continues, my current goal to beat is 5 days... this is rediculiously hard, and i even get bad headaches.. then after i did the bad deed, my headache was gone.. which i thought strange..

Please pray for me guys, i am tryin hard to quit

Upvote 0

MAC

Is of God's Grace
Apr 11, 2003
Stockton, Ca
Visit site
✟579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well after 5 days straight i failed on sunday.. i am on day 2 right now and i am hoping this continues, my current goal to beat is 5 days... this is ridiculously hard, and i even get bad headaches.. then after i did the bad deed, my headache was gone.. which i thought strange..

Please pray for me guys, i am trying hard to quit

I know there will be people praying for you, but I known that this will bring victory in only one way. That will be that you take great effort to pray and re-new your mind daily in the word of God.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. (meaning it comes from the devil, god of the world)

Upvote 0

p4tience

From not too long...
Jul 29, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟15,128.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Alright... here we go...

I have struggled with masturbation for over nine years and checked out inappropriate contentography almost on a daily basis for about two years. Just so that you know where I'm coming from with this issue. I have a long, shameful background with it.

But, as of today, I'm free. And have been free of this problem for a long while. In all honesty, I never even kept the count of how many days I haven't done it. I just woke up one day and realized that I'm done with it and never went back.

As I reread these posts, I got chills all over me, remembering the darkness of those days. I must admit that, for a moment in my life, it seemed like what I went through will never matter at all. But now, having a few friends who confessed to me that they are struggling with this same problem, and rereading these posts, I now fully understand that my nine-year battle was won for a reason.

This is a war we're fighting together in our own furious battles.

A friend of mine, who is battling his way through this, asked me this a few days ago: "Hey, so did you find a way out of your problem?" (Speaking of my addiction to inappropriate contentography and masturbation) Here was my answer: "No. I haven't. But I found God who set me free."

A few things you should know:

1. This is not your fight.
Ephesians 6:12 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
And the only way you can win this fight is letting God take over. Don't try to solve it with God's help. Let God solve it. Only he alone can do it. How? Put the whole armor of God: the belt of truth, the body armor of God’s righteousness, the shoes of readiness to testify the gospel of peace, and the shield of faith. (Study Ephesians 6:10-18) Why is that so hard? Here's why.

2. You want to solve the problem more than you want Christ. And that's wrong.
What is your purpose of getting over your addiction? Is it for your own benefit? Isn't it for your own conscience? Isn't it for your own peace of mind? You need to start realizing that the main goal of this is not for you to be better, but for God to be glorified through you and your trials. This is not about you. This is about what Christ can do in your life. Christ should not be your number one. He should be the only one.
2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
As you see, in the end it all comes down to Christ's power being in us. For we are weak and cannot go through this without God (going back to my first point: this is not your fight.)

3. It's all in your head. Change your mind, change your thinking.

What information you expose yourself to is what you start thinking about and seeing in your mind. When I checked out inappropriate contentography, I'd have those images and sounds stuck in my head for months. We need to start packing your brain with the right information. To be honest, the more I read these kind of forums about these problems, the more I thought about it and how damned I am to burn in hell. That's just wrong. Stop reading about this. Go read about God's glory and his healing power in the Psalms. Go read some Max Lucado books. He's an amazing writer. Don't pack your head with this stuff. Pack it with God and his glory. Go watch The Passion of Christ again. Have his image replayed in your mind over and over again. Start putting the right information in your head. For it's all in your head. The only thing that can help you set you free is the truth. And what is the truth? It's The Word of God. (See John 8:31-32) And what is the Word of God? It's a letter of love God wants you to read today. Exercise your brain to think about the right things. It's all in your head. Why is that so hard? Well...

4. Let's face it: after all, you choose to do it. A way out: Why not choose to do something else instead?

Let me make this super emphasized. You choose to do it. Let me emphasize this even more: c h o o s e to do something else. I knew the usual times when I was going to get "over the edge" (usually it was before bed time with my laptop around). Every evening I had a choice to make: to go to my room and do the "usual routine" or figure a way out of that situation. I wasn't going to sell my laptop, that's for sure. Neither I was going to sleep in the living room. Any other choices? Alright. Here's what I did. I started running every evening. The very first time it was for five minutes. Now I spend almost an hour outside every evening, running and then walking, breathing. Do something physically tiring so that you will be too tired to want "it." Waste your energy. Seriously, sport works just amazingly. For the laptop part... I must admit, that one was pain in the butt. The thing is, I work with computers (photography and some design) and a laptop just became a part of my life. But I still forced myself not to turn it on for the night.

--

Those are the four things that helped me to get through it. Just learn these truths and do them.

It's not your fight. Want Christ more than anything. It's all in your head. And it's your choice.

I'm free from it. I fully believe that. And my faith is the shield of my soul. The Armor of God truly works. As of today, I'm praying God to work in my life through my trials and my temptations. I know that I could not have done this without Christ. I am weak, but I find my strength in the Lord.

If you want one-on-one help, I'm here for you. Find me on skype. The username is "love.the.moments"... I have been through everything... even suicide... Nine years of daily battle do that to you... and I know how it gets... I've been there, I've done that...

Everything will be alright... Just believe that...

And never... never... and I mean... never give up.

Never.

For there is more to all of this than you can imagine.

Reactions: Angeldove97
Upvote 0

nesian

Dance 'til you're dead
Aug 1, 2008
New Zealand
✟9,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the longest ive gone without it - 3months
and during that time i felt blissfully happy.
i dunno, it just makes you feel so free.

but then i gave in to lust & was back where i started.
it's so depressing & i felt awful afterwards *sigh*

i hope one day to curb the habit permanently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

xcrunner71

Jesus is the Christ
Jun 3, 2007
✟8,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never used to touch that often, once or twice a week then I'd go a month or two without doing it. These past couple months have been terrible for me, I've been doing it around 7-8 times a week which just grosses me out and makes me feel like a failure. I've never really had struggles with this so I went a comical route, I took out a permanent sharpie marker and wrote "NO" in big print on my member.... we'll see how it works. Oh, and thank God there was no burning or anything, haha.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jamie4418

Aug 4, 2006
✟8,107.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I really hope you all would consider getting a filter and have the password held by a family member or friend. It's not a magic bullet, but it will vastly decrease your access to inappropriate contentography, which is a huge part of the battle. For me, I don't know how I could browse the web without a filter. I'm not here to argue for anyone to get a filter. Just a suggestion. Then after you get the filter, you could work on the issues of why you touch.

In a way, you have to look at inappropriate content like cocaine or alcohol. Reducing access is the first step. If you're trying to beat booze, you're not gonna go to bars and try to get tempted. That's just asking to fall again.

The thing is, if you have access to unlimited inappropriate contentography at the click of a mouse, you'll probably fall to it. Granted, there are very few who do not have trouble with online inappropriate contentography, but there aren't many.

Upvote 0

jamie4418

Aug 4, 2006
✟8,107.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I really hope you all would consider getting a filter and have the password held by a family member or friend. It's not a magic bullet, but it will vastly decrease your access to inappropriate contentography, which is a huge part of the battle. For me, I don't know how I could browse the web without a filter. I'm not here to argue for anyone to get a filter. Just a suggestion. Then after you get the filter, you could work on the issues of why you touch.

In a way, you have to look at inappropriate content like cocaine or alcohol. Reducing access is the first step. If you're trying to beat booze, you're not gonna go to bars and try to get tempted. That's just asking to fall again.

The thing is, if you have access to unlimited inappropriate contentography at the click of a mouse, you'll probably fall to it. Granted, there are very few who do not have trouble with online inappropriate contentography, but there aren't many.

Upvote 0

bubblefish

used to be cat_goes_meow
Oct 23, 2004
Australia
✟34,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it normal to have "moderated" over your post? I really hope I didn't violate anything.

Hey,

You haven't done anything wrong :) In this forum, all posts need to be approved by a moderator before showing which is why your post had that icon on it. Sorry it took so long to be approved as well :) It should be viewable now.

Reactions: sinneD
Upvote 0

SpitfireOverThames

Apr 29, 2006
London
✟799.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Conservative
Hi everyone!
Don't try to fight this battle with willpower or from your intellect only. Fight this battle as a spiritual battle by using that part of you that is called your spirit to connect more closely with the King Himself. Proximity to the King is key to overcoming against masturbation or any sexual sin. The closer you are to Him, the less you will want to break that connection with the King.

Its not about keeping a law of purity or whatever you want to call it, though that is a good desire. I think its more about being so close to Him that to even contemplate sin (of any kind, especially sexual) will cause our connection to Him, that intimacy, to be severed... We should be so close to Him that to break His heart is the last thing we would ever want to do...

We hate what He hates. We run from what threatens our relationship with Him in any way.

I also encourage each of you to begin to keep a log of where you find yourself most tempted...what time was it, what was the location, what props were around you (for example, computer). What sort of emotion or feelings were you having at that time? Was it boredom? Was it depression? Was it stress? Was it a numbness deep inside you? Was it to feel something good because life seems so bad.

If you can keep a record of the above when you face temptation, you can then use wisdom in avoiding those places and/or setting up protection against failing. If I sense I am weaker, or if I suddenly feel depressed, or if I am feeling idle to the point of moving in the direction of the flesh, I immediately make a change in my scenario so I am not a big fat bullseye for the enemy to fire his fiery darts. If I'm alone in my bedroom, for example, I might immediately leave. Go to where other people are at, or go outside to walk, or grab basketball and go play. Change your setting immediately. Don't even reason with yourself, "Should I go? Should I not go?" Just go!!! Your spiritual connection with God is more important than indecision.

Also, try to have an idea of what level of strength you are in the Lord, too. That will give you an indication of where you are at, and when to be more cautious/careful in your day to day life. If a close friend offends or hurts you, do you then turn to inappropriate contentography or masturbation to ease the pain? Or if you have piles and piles of homework, do you, because of the stress, find yourself surfing the net idly...looking for nothing in particular...and then you find yourself being tempted to visit the wrong sites... When you find yourself in these situations, run, do not walk, to another setting. Go to a public place. Turn OFF your computer without even discussing it with yourself. Just do it.

Here is a scale that I use to analyse how my relationship with God is doing:
5=On fire for God; close to His heart; totally surrendered to the Holy Spirit
4=Close to His heart, but not so on fire
3=Mediocre closeness; temptation is stronger
2=Distant; temptation lingering & drawing away
1=Who is God? Temptation has a hold--I am completely surrendering to it

If you wake up and find yourself at 3, you know that you have some spiritual work to do in order to improve your scale to 4 or 5.

What can you do?

Begin by praying against spiritual wickedness in Jesus' Name. Watch out, because when you do this, its like stirring up a hornet's nest. You may actually get weaker before you get stronger.

Command the enemy to leave undisturbed the "sandbox" of your mind and heart (where the battle is fought) in the Name of Jesus, the Messiah. Maintain that active posture.

Then ask the Holy Spirit to take full control. Surrender. Be refilled not just in your emotions but in your spirit, in your body... Its so important to reconnect with God at this point. Sometimes, we fight the Devil but we forget to invite the Holy Spirit to take full control again, to be Lord.

Just last night, I was at a bus stop waiting for bus. I saw a person who was interesting to me...attractive! For about 1.3 seconds, I thought about how nice it would be to be with... I immediately had a choice at that point. COntinue with the fantasy so that it gained a grip on my spirit/soul, or immediately fight it using the Name of Jesus, using the power of the Spirit, thinking about my relationship with the Lord and how I didn't want to allow it to be severed by anthing... You know it: if you give the enemy an inch, he'll eventually take a mile. Don't give him an inch. Give him the stance of one who will not move.

Also, keeping accountability is so important, and thus this forum. But even better is to find someone you trust, a pastor, a close friend, a youth leader, and share with him or her your sruggles to stay true to the Lord.

One last thing: fear of the LORD is so important. To revere Him above all circumstances, trials, temptations is the goal of our existence. When we fear the Lord, we will not run to have fun in sin. Those who fear the Lord gain His trust in them, and His anointing will increase in their lives. They will also receive a fresh and original revelation of God, another facet about Him. So learn to fear the Lord with reverence. This doesnt mean you be afraid as in terrified, but that you revere Him wholly, without considering your own will, only His will.

If anyone needs any kind of help in any way, please let me know.

I am, in the LORD, yours,
Sean

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CrossLover

May 21, 2007
Kansas City
✟7,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's time to stop. This is ruining my life!
I was going 4 days, until tonight. Satan tempted me so much. And I feel awful.

But I'm going for a month. And I don't know if I can do it alone. I'll need prayers and encouragement. Please pray for wisdom and discernment.

I'm 15 years old, and it's better that I stop now before it gets worse.

CHANGE IN NOW! :clap:

God Bless.

Upvote 0

commadotquestion

Oct 13, 2008
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
... things change little by little. Sorry for the digression, but I feel poetic today. Where was I 10 years ago? I was just a kid in sixth grade, but I found that secret stash that belonged to someone else. I was curious, and I looked at it. And let me tell you, I thought it was pretty disgusting ... but as time went on, I started to come back to it, every half year, every month, eventually every week and sometimes every day ...

And I ask myself, where will I be in 10 years? I will be:

-- 31 years old
-- possibly, with a steady job in engineering
-- possibly, married to someone who will be a good friend
-- possibly, even father to a little boy or girl
-- and possibly, if I don't stop now, still searching to satisfy this artificial addiction of lust

*sigh*

So I'm making my first post here to just say: yes, I want to be pure. I know that I can put on the face, and act good, and most of the time, I believe it ... but deep inside, I'm changing slowly. I look at things in ways I didn't look at them before -- my thoughts are gradually being corrupted... and I have to put it in reverse, not just for that good friend, not even for that little boy or girl, but for my God who saved me ...

So flee from sexual immorality ... this sin is against your own body.

Upvote 0

Daniel13

Mar 14, 2008
Portugal
✟15,131.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Never knew there were so many people fighting this sin as I'm trying to for a long time. I'm really happy to see I'm not alone on this :groupray:

I'm going to try to go over a year without doing it but I don't know if I can, since my limit was one month :o

I'm on day 15 now, only more 15 to make a month :clap:

Good luck my friends and God help us all :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.