• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

No inappropriate content or Masturbation for a Month! (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftBrainer

Mar 2, 2008
✟15,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
30th day!

my praise to the Lord! It was all for Him! He has put a new song in my mouth(psa 40:3) and brought me to freedom!

the past 6 months of my life has been so full of darkness, I was embracing my sin without knowing it is wrong... and now I can step into the light, glory filled and faced the world with HONOUR! yet... there was no denying that 30 days isn't the end, for the devil still lurks, I will have to bear this EVERYDAY for THE REST OF MY LIFE. it's such a curse, but I think it has been worth it. My life of shame and guilt has been replaced with glory and honour, my lips replaced with praise and worship to the Lord, I was ever closer to Him despite the foul person I was before. What a song I have, what a song to sing about! I just have to put it in black and white!:

I kneel before the Throne, facing you O Lord...
what worthy am I,
to look into your eyes...
and I kneel down and cry, I cried,

chorus:
"set me free from these bounds, deliver me Lord,
through the freedom you gave,
I stand on firm ground.
The flesh shall be tamed,
all for the glory of your name..."

verse 2
I've been blind by the world, redeem me dear Lord...
with your power remove,
these scales from my eyes...
and I see your face, magnify you, and sing,

chorus:
"hold my hand as I walk, guide me dear Lord...
that even blind, my heart can see that you're God,
all of heaven will join, and sing, and sing, and sing...

'Till we wish this never ends...(x3)'"

you can rate this song in the hobbies part... the music section... again, THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!@ IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT IT! the tears of pain are now replaced with tears of joy!

Upvote 0

leftBrainer

Mar 2, 2008
✟15,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
SO SINGS MY SOOOOOUL, MY SAVIOUR GOD TO THEE!
HOW GREAT THOU ART, HOW GREAT THOU ART...

hi everyone! in the day before the last day of the purity challenge, they ask me to write a testimony. So after thinking and reflecting... I wrote it out and... I WANNA SHARE IT WITH EVERYONE!! WOOHOOO!! Praise God!

such a long journey... sigh...yet everyday I can never cease to remind myself of how dark I was before, and how I was by grace am saved. The story was truely amazing...

7 months ago, I discovered a horrible fact: I touch. It happend when I was so filled with my lust, having no idea what was going to happend. From soft inappropriate content I preceeded to masturbation, and always looking for ways to make the feeling even better; experimenting with it. Yet after each time I did it, I felt sad. I felt condemned. and I dont know why. I know I must stop it... but I couldnt. It just seem to have consumed my consienceness for what is right and wrong... "just do it, it feels good."

I have tried countless methods I could come out with, ALL FAILED. I gave up so many times. Life like that was a nightmare, a lot of times I wished I could open my eyes and it is all over.

then... one time... When I was searching the web, I was brought to christianforums.com. In that thread I found the many suffering like me, I felt hope... But I stilled failed. Thats when a site moderator introduced me this amazing course! I never missed a day! It quenched all the questions I wanted answered. And bit by bit pulled me out through support and guidance from my mentor and understanding from the wonderful people in christianforums.

It was truly a hard struggle, not possible if I were to be alone. It was done by, for and through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. How wonderful and how mysterious are the ways of God! I shall never cease to praise it! He has put a song in my mouth, a new life, a life free of all shame, guilt and frustration. A life full of honour, full of HIS GLORY. HALLELUJAH! May the Lord be magnified!

this curse however is a life long struggle guys, I want to remind everyone that no matter how far you go, temptation is going to taunt you(I've been having nasty dreams lately). this is a life long commitment, but I can tell you: It's worth it!

I'm saying goodbye btw (; I'm still going to stick to this thread, praying and helping others. Jesus's effort must continue am I right?

Upvote 0

leftBrainer

Mar 2, 2008
✟15,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Six days... and each time desiring more and more to be near Jesus. :amen:
wonderful my friend :)

you know... through my struggle with sexuality I have discovered something very important about Christianity. I use to think that the feeling of the Spirit in me is a feeling that was given by God. Now I've known it is not a feeling that pops out of no where, it is earned to be received.

each temptation I overcome, each trail I walk through, each whisper of the devil that I ignore, each inappropriate content image I channeled away... when I did it for the glory of God, I felt closer to Him. "desiring more and more to be near Jesus"...

truly amazing. Bear on LivingWorshipper. Do not give in to the pressure surrounding you. remember that they are an illusion and will never last. But the living water of Jesus shall prosper eternally.

Hayner :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andres88

Contributor
Feb 7, 2008
Santo Domingo
✟25,823.00
Country
Dominican Republic
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Oddly, not seeing my post approved earlier drove me down to falling once again yesterday. This drives me to think that I have to use another way of keeping myself accountable. On another note, I'm going for one of the courses of Setting Captives Free. My hope is now not in doing things for the wrong motives, or by my own strenghts, but for the glory of God. :)

Upvote 0

leftBrainer

Mar 2, 2008
✟15,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oddly, not seeing my post approved earlier drove me down to falling once again yesterday. This drives me to think that I have to use another way of keeping myself accountable. On another note, I'm going for one of the courses of Setting Captives Free. My hope is now not in doing things for the wrong motives, or by my own strenghts, but for the glory of God. :)
hey... I actually failed once and blamed CF for the slow approving of posts too before. and yea, SCF courses are totally what you could use... you have my word they are a life saver.

one tip when you're tempted, is to channel your thoughts into music. learn up an instrument, a simple one would do. Play praise and worship songs, it can get you back on your track. The thoughts will wane off.

Upvote 0

leftBrainer

Mar 2, 2008
✟15,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IM BACK AT IT AGAIN, ITS BEEN 1 DAY CLEAN. IF LEFTBRAINER CAN DO IT, THEN SO CAN I.

BY THE STRENGTH OF THE LORD, I KNOW I GOT IT:thumbsup: :clap: WOO WOO !

haha! it's good to see you back after a while. I've been wondering where everyone who have posted here went to...

To be honest, even though I am free from this sin, I cannot deny the temptation is still there. This is a curse that never leaves me :( sometimes at night I would be haunted by the guilt of my past by dreams, sometimes I get bog down by stuff that comes in my head like, "have you truly won? have you truly defeated it?", "I knew it!~ you're still weak!!", "how long are you going to bear the weight of the world?"

I don't know why these things never leave! those things are dead! Jesus has brought me to light the very moment I accepted him! why are they still swarming on me! ARGH!

I ended up saying, "is this really worth it?" but then again... I wondered about the future the Lord is preparing...

Just imagining that I am already married to a wife long waited and long adored... and then she caught me: a life chained to inappropriate content and masturbation... hm... I wonder what she'll say...

"My love! Why do you do this to me? I have kept all my love and my desires and praying to God that one day I will meet you and be fulfilled. I have kept myself in waiting for all these years, and here you are, giving yourself contentment through all these fictional women, fantasies and sexual stimulation. Have I not fulfilled your sexual desire? Have I not your undivided love? Do I not complete you? Am I still not enough? Why do you still linger with these alien women?"

There's something about sexual pleasure... God's original purpose for it... when a man haves sexual pleasure with his wife, he burns the image of his wife in his mind, the more he does it, the more deepened their relationship will be. That is why 'sex' in the original Hebrew language also means 'worship', because it strengthens the bond where the 2 shall become 1.

in masturbation however, a man burn other images through sexual pleasure in his mind. either the inappropriate content image(alien women) or his hand that he uses to touch or any other stuff. So he deepens his relationship with... what? yea... you can guess...

so is masturbation wrong in God's eyes? don't be fooled by the influence of the world. you know the first thing I get on typing 'masturbation' in the search engine is, "It's OK to touch!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

leftBrainer

Mar 2, 2008
✟15,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone,

the last few weeks of my life has been filled with a lot of stress, there was no time for God. There are so many things to keep up with and sigh, just so hard. The chain of events are building up, and every day I start to miss the pleasure and satisfaction I once gained from masturbation. Without the eyes of God, I was blinded by the illusions of the devil. I masturbated.

I stand before everyone and confess myself a sinner before my Saviour, whom I have neglected for so long. It has been very hard on that day, after bearing on so long I failed, lies and deceit flooded me...

"O! I knew it! you're weak! and now you've failed!"
"There's no point trying again! it's a looooong way!"
"just touch all you want until tommorrow..."

dawn! I'm SO thankful to have made it that night. So now I'm mending back my covenant to God... again. Despite all that has happened, I have faith that He has forgiven me... after all, I don't think he wants me to condemn myself.

For me, this is not starting ALL OVER AGAIN. there has been a lot of progress, and I'm not going to let this failure bog me down. I shall remain strong in faith with God! Fellow Christian friends, please pray for me!

Upvote 0

xino

Nov 18, 2007
Essex
Visit site
✟15,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
No mastrubation for 2 months ??

I mean..its working now!..I haven't done it in two weeks I think

2 weeks and day still counting...man this is difficult.

2 months is crazy lol..

Everyone who is also trying this, install FoxFilter plugin for FireFox, this should help you boost confidence in it. Also mine.

One question...
What happens when I survive after 2 months?

Upvote 0

PianistSang

Am man after God's own heart
Jun 30, 2008
✟7,675.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Im at Day one. But I'll always remeber this verse if I fail:
Phillipians 3: 14-15:
"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

You know what? We will fail at sometime (I'm not encouraging failure! Never!), but remember that God will always forgive you. So, Remembering that I am forgiven, I move on an try to live in a life that is not with sin.
"We will encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated"
-Maya Angelou
If we sin, remember to repent, but also to move on.
We wil fight the good fight, and I hope all of us will win.

God's strength be with all of you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.