Clay

Clay in the Potter's Hand
Feb 6, 2002
New Hampshire
Visit site
✟1,755.00
Faith
Protestant
so you call the war against terrorism a "sensless" war? how naive are you? do you even read the paper or watch the news once a year? heres an idea, why dont we make you a diplomat to the iraqis and let you talk this whole thing out. once they laugh at your face and probably call for your death, then we'll use our God given military to rescue you and stop a possible war.

such disrespect for the office of the president. this country is going downhill, not because of politicians, but because of the apathy and disrespect amongst the people.

if you dont like the country, the borders are always open to leave.

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Iraq and what's left of al qaeda decides to attack America again

Honey, I have news for you ~ the terrorists are already planning.  **Shhh...don't tell anyone ~ it's a secret**

if you dont like the country, the borders are always open to leave

Actually Clay, because Baghdad Penn is over there right now, I thought we'd close the borders before he got back. :D Isn't there some kind of law about Benedict Arnolds?  If not, there should be.

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
Let me guess, you guys are card carrying "ditto heads"?

I have no problem and fully support our war on terrorism, but since when did Saddam become a terrorist? He may be a tyrrant, he did try to assassinate Bush Sr., and if that's the reason for Jrs., has a beef then say so, I may get behind that, but when it comes to war with others he's not as crazy as people need to make him out to be, and he has not attacked us. Why are people tying him in with Bin Laden, Al-Qaida and their M.O.? He's not even a practicing Muslim.

I can't remember for the life of me the last time our administration has mentioned Bin Laden and Al-Qaida? Aren't they STILL the primary threat? It's as if we took on this other endeavor to distract from the fact that we failed in eliminating both. 90% of the plane highjackers were from Saudi Arabia, a money trail to the highjackers has been discovered from Saudi officials directly to the highjackers, and the administration says "Well, you guys need to do a better job." This war is not about terrorism, it's about what's expedient for the sake of a small group of people and their future endeavors. I tell you what:

Will someone please tell me exactly why we are going to war with Iraq?

Happy Holidays, D1st

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Now, now Doctrine ~ play nice.  The only cards I have is my debit card, insurance cards, drivers license, Safeway, Albertsons and QFC cards, Rite-Aid card, Latte card.........

There were four men arrested in Dallas today for money-laundering, who were involved with a computer company and Hamas.

Remember the Axis of Evil comment that President Bush was tarred and feathered over?  Well then, lets just sum this up.  North Korea has nuclear capability which they as much admitted to.  Iran just got busted for same this past week (anyone have a link to that?).  The terrorist who was the "General" of the 9/11 attacks had met with an Iraqi "delegate" in Iraq before the actual attack.

Iraq isn't involved?  He gasses his own people, chops off their heads because they don't like him (poor baby), and shoots anyone who works for him if they disagree or he doesn't like the "job" they're doing.  Ya.  Nice guy.  And people are complaining about our President? 

Hmmm...let's see now....Axis of Evil = Iraq, North Korea and Iran. 

Upvote 0
Originally posted by ocean
"President" Bush will get us into another sensless war, probably with Iraq. Iraq and what's left of al qaeda decides to attack America again. Bush responds with nukes, and nuclear war breaks out. That is probably the most likely scenario.

G.W. Bush is the president, and putting quotations marks around his title - implying that he's not president legitimately - only serves to undermine the foundation of the law. The electoral college still exists. If you are unhappy with the electoral college, then use your right to free speech and speak against it, and use your right to vote to get people elected who oppose the electoral college (Just make sure you can back up your disapproval of the electoral college rationally.). But don't toss aside critical thinking and your dignity by relying on the sad, worn-out partisan politics that still try to deny Bush's legitimacy as president.

Is the war with Iraq senseless, as you claim? Is Saddam Hussein just sitting there, minding his own business? Is Bush just picking on innocent little Saddam? Does Saddam have nothing to do with terrorism?

If your answer to any of these questions is "yes," then I've got some lakefront property in Saudi Arabia I'd like to sell to you.

Furthermore, the folks responsible for 9-11 still want us dead. To them it's God's will that America fall. If (or perhaps I should say when) they attack again, it won't be because America went to war. In fact, if we sit on our hands and say "Oh, let's try to make nice with them. Maybe they'll be reasonable and we can co-exist peacefully," they'll seize the opportunity and attack again.

Remember, they rammed airplanes into buildings. How reasonable or peaceful do you think they are?

Let's remember who the real enemy of America is. Don't support terrorism implicitly by being a tool of partisanship.

- Bud

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Doctrine1st

You ask good questions to which I think there are good answers, Decency1st, but your ad hominem jab at the people with whom you disagree disqualifies you from deserving any kind of respectable answer.

We can continue this conversation if you desire, but let's do it without trying to discredit anyone who happens to like Rush Limbaugh.

(My goodness, isn't there anyone out there who's objective?)

- Bud

Upvote 0

Morat

Untitled One
Jun 6, 2002
Visit site
✟12,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Cammie:
Hazy--I agree with you 110%. I AM a Christian, and I would rather have an honest atheist, than a lying Christian (one with no morals, I might add) be put into a top position. Al Gore CLAIMS to be a Christian while spouting off liberal, immoral, and unethical garbage. I didn't know that Jesse Ventura was an atheist, but at least you know what and where he stands.

Really? What liberal "garbage" is un-Christian? Feeding the poor, perhaps?

What immoral garbage? What unethical garbage?

I'd like to see some quotes (referenced, please), as well as an explanation of how they're "un-Christian".

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by blindfaith
Now, now Doctrine ~ play nice.  The only cards I have is my debit card, insurance cards, drivers license, Safeway, Albertsons and QFC cards, Rite-Aid card, Latte card......... 

What no Costco card, what kind of American are you? ;) 

There were four men arrested in Dallas today for money-laundering, who were involved with a computer company and Hamas.

Good, that's who we should be concentrating on, Bin Laden, Al-Qaida, and Hamas, and Hezbalah(?).

The terrorist who was the "General" of the 9/11 attacks had met with an Iraqi "delegate" in Iraq before the actual attack.

The Bush administration and CIA has determined that this was false information:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A59403-2002Sep9?language=printer

Iraq isn't involved? He gasses his own people, chops off their heads because they don't like him (poor baby), and shoots anyone who works for him if they disagree or he doesn't like the "job" they're doing. Ya. Nice guy. And people are complaining about our President?

See the above news brief by the Prez, and I said he was definately a tyrant but as far as we know to base a war upon an assumption, he is not a terrorist.

Oh yeah, you understand that those such as Rumsfeld and the Bush Sr. administration are the very same people who supported Saddam militarily even though he gassed his own people. As I said "tyrant and our ally of the week, and then our enemy the next."  We need to stop doing business like this and maybe some folks would not be so inclined to have so much distain for us?

Happy Holidays, D1st

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by BudJohnson
You ask good questions to which I think there are good answers, Decency1st, but your ad hominem jab at the people with whom you disagree disqualifies you from deserving any kind of respectable answer.

We can continue this conversation if you desire, but let's do it without trying to discredit anyone who happens to like Rush Limbaugh.

(My goodness, isn't there anyone out there who's objective?)

- Bud

Perhaps you're right. So I extend a heart felt Trent Lott type apology in order to continue the dialogue. Feel free to answer my questions.

Happy Holidays, D1st  

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What no Costco card, what kind of American are you?

LOL!!  You know what?  I have one of those too, but I forgot about it.  **laugh**  How could I ever forget THAT one?  I live there 2x per month ;)  I also have one for the Family Christian book store, one for Bullwinkles for my kids...umm.....I gotta go get my wallet to look for more ~ I'm sure they're there ;)

Merry Christmas Doctrine!  I may not agree with you, but I like you anyway...... even if you're wrong ;) ~ Just kidding!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Doctrine1st
Perhaps you're right. So I extend a heart felt Trent Lott type apology in order to continue the dialogue. Feel free to answer my questions.

If the best you're trying to accomplish is to be like Trent Lott, then you've got some pretty low standards.

Maybe you and I will be able to engage in a decent discussion later. Take care.

- Bud

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Morat
Really? What liberal "garbage" is un-Christian? Feeding the poor, perhaps?

What immoral garbage? What unethical garbage?

I'd like to see some quotes (referenced, please), as well as an explanation of how they're "un-Christian".
“Feeding the poor” is neither exclusively liberal nor conservative. People who wear either label want to feed the poor.

Not everything endorsed by a liberal platform is unethical. Some liberal ideas (particularly the quintessentially liberal ideas) may be illogical, but a view is not unethical just because it's illogical.

Not all quintessentially liberal ideas are unbiblical. For example, the liberal's desire for bigger government is neither biblical nor unbiblical - Scripture simply doesn't address it. We have to figure out whether a big government is a good idea or not using our powers of reason.

On the other hand, the liberal view of either abortion or homosexuality may very well be unbiblical.

Many areas of debate in the socio-political sphere are beyond Scripture's area of focus. But some are not.

- Bud

Upvote 0

Clay

Clay in the Potter's Hand
Feb 6, 2002
New Hampshire
Visit site
✟1,755.00
Faith
Protestant
liberals dont have a platform anymore. they dont have principles and they dont have reforms and they dont have any ideas to help this country. they have lost and they have been beaten in the presidency, the senate, the house, and the judicial branch. all they do now is attack. thats all they can do. they totally blew trent lotts comments out of proportion and spewed it everywhere. this is because they have nothing better to do. they keep spouting the same thing (hug-a-tree) when theres more pressing issues at hand (war). in the next two or three years we will see a whole lot of mud slinging, because thats all they can do. they have no more power, so they will do what they've done before-attack and raise taxes.

i praise God for the Christian man in the white house. we as Christians. democrat, independent, and republican, ought to be the very first ones to embrace this man. but christians on all sides arent. why? because they've let politics become more important than Gods will. he put that man in the white house because God knew about the terrorist attacks, about iraq, because of korea, because of the economy, and to keep taxes down. even if some Christians still feel the need to be angry at this guy, we all ought to still respect the office of presidency and rally behind our leader when the possibility of war is very near. we may disagree with war, but if we stand divided, united we will fall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ocean

Banned (just kidding)
Sep 25, 2002
van city
✟9,736.00
Faith
Agnostic
Originally posted by Clay
liberals don't have a platform anymore. they dont have principles and they dont have reforms and they dont have any ideas to help this country. they have lost and they have been beaten in the presidency, the senate, the house, and the judicial branch. all they do now is attack. thats all they can do. they totally blew trent lotts comments out of proportion and spewed it everywhere. this is because they have nothing better to do. they keep spouting the same thing (hug-a-tree) when theres more pressing issues at hand (war). in the next two or three years we will see a whole lot of mud slinging, because thats all they can do. they have no more power, so they will do what they've done before-attack and raise taxes.

i praise God for the Christian man in the white house. we as Christians. democrat, independent, and republican, ought to be the very first ones to embrace this man. but christians on all sides arent. why? because they've let politics become more important than Gods will. he put that man in the white house because God knew about the terrorist attacks, about iraq, because of korea, because of the economy, and to keep taxes down. even if some Christians still feel the need to be angry at this guy, we all ought to still respect the office of presidency and rally behind our leader when the possibility of war is very near. we may disagree with war, but if we stand divided, united we will fall.

This is very scary to hear some people think like this. Liberals are doing much more to help the country than conservatives, IMO. All conservatives want to do is start wars and destroy the environment and kill the economy. Liberals actually want to PREVENT wars, instead of just win them.

"I praise God for the Christian man in the white house..."

Albert J. Gore and  Bill Clinton are also professing Christians. Now whether they fit YOUR definition of a Christian is a different story.

There seems to be an extreme Christian bias in your post. According to you, Christians are the only people that matter, everyone else be [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth].

People who think like this are the main reason I am moving to Canada.

P.S. George W. Bush did not actually win the election, Gore got more votes.

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
People who think like this are the main reason I am moving to Canada.

Bye!  Please take Hollywood with you.  I think Martin Sheen, Sean Penn and Babs need a ride.  Oh ya ~ don't forget Cher too.

Albert J. Gore and Bill Clinton are also professing Christians. Now whether they fit YOUR definition of a Christian is a different story

Hmm...you can always spot a true Christian by the fruit that they bear. 

we may disagree with war, but if we stand divided, united we will fall

Absolutely Clay!

Upvote 0
Whether former President Clinton or former Vice President Gore are Christian or not is between them and God.  Their positions on abortion and homesexuality are certainly unbiblical.  Al and Tipper wrote a book on families including a gay couple as a family. 

It matters not whether Al Gore won the popular vote or not.  We are a republic not a democracy.  Majority does not rule.  We elect representitives to do just that-represent us.  Most of the founders did not believe in majority rule as the majority could all be wrong. 

Upvote 0