England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In his introduction to 'No Easy Road',the author Dick Eastman, says that 'prayer is essential for backing those fulfilling the Great Commission of Jesus in the dedicated labors of each Christian reaching into every home in the world'. He says,'I invite you to join the greatest prayer force in the history of the human race.' Daily this army will lift all ..countries of the world in intercessory prayer. I invite the reader on a journey to power,along the road of intercession'.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Chapter 1 'No Easy Road. 2 The Peak of Unbelief 3 The Mountain of Sin 4 An Avalanche of Excuses 5 The Peak of Habit 6 The Plateau of Intercession 7 The Cove of Holiness 8 The Mountain of Self Will 9 The Bridge of Balance 10 The Mountain of Persistence 11 Burden's Outlook 12 Trails End:The. Mountain of God's Power Appendix: Practical Praying Biblography'

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
'Chapter 1 'No Easy Road. 2 The Peak of Unbelief 3 The Mountain of Sin 4 An Avalanche of Excuses 5 The Peak of Habit 6 The Plateau of Intercession 7 The Cove of Holiness 8 The Mountain of Self Will 9 The Bridge of Balance 10 The Mountain of Persistence 11 Burden's Outlook 12 Trails End:The. Mountain of God's Power Appendix: Practical Praying Biblography'
No.9. "The Bridge of Balance". Possibly, Br. Eastman could tidy up on that a bit. What I mean is after the manner of all the Apostle's example; the level of press, the sacrificial will to be spent and comment above and beyond the call of Christian service; to lay it down or to labor above all, it seems service may be replaced by maintenance with full approval?? Comment QB, anyone?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No.9. "The Bridge of Balance". Possibly, Br. Eastman could tidy up on that a bit. What I mean is after the manner of all the Apostle's example; the level of press, the sacrificial will to be spent and comment above and beyond the call of Christian service; to lay it down or to labor above all, it seems service may be replaced by maintenance with full approval?? Comment QB, anyone?

I haven't read it......

sounds like an edifying book though :)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Not a replacement of anything. Simply to live a 'life of balance'. 'Jesus remains the perfect example of the balanced life. Physician Luke relates how Christ increased in all essentials of life. His mind developed keenly and His body too,was not neglected.' 'We are to be like Jesus'

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Physician Luke relates how Christ increased in all essentials of life. His mind developed keenly and His body too,was not neglected.' 'We are to be like Jesus'
Such good advice,
thank you to rocknanchor for starting this train of thought...

I have started the book, No Easy Road, and how wonderful that at the beginning, Dick Eastman had the privilage of attending a Kathryn Kulman event and was miraculously healed by God of a lingering throat condition.
I am reading the chapter 2 today, 'The peak of unbelief' ...so encouraging, to hear about the great men of God and the answers to prayer.
I am only reading a chapter a day, then I can assimilate everything.

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
George Miller refused to allow the obstacle of unbelief to hinder his praying. The author tells us how he prayed away his unbelief. Time and time again God provided for the orphanages even when it seemed impossible. He would call his helpers together to pray when there was need. God would answer prayer and still does when we call on Him and trust.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
He would call his helpers together to pray when there was need. God would answer prayer and still does when we call on Him and trust.
I am amazed at the testimony of Rees Howells on page 34, 35.
Dick Eastman says...
"Real prayer consists of bold, confident petitions and a certainty that the answer will come....We go no further on our journey while unbelief obstructs the path". page 37

• Agree
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am amazed at the testimony of Rees Howells on page 34, 35.
Dick Eastman says...
"Real prayer consists of bold, confident petitions and a certainty that the answer will come....We go no further on our journey while unbelief obstructs the path". page 37
That's a tremendous testimony. We go on to overcome 'An Avalanche of Excuses'. 'Prayer demands our best. God is not pleased with a few moments at the close of a weary day when strength is at its lowest ebb. He longs for us to give our best in traveling the road of prayer' (Dick Eastman)

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not a replacement of anything. Simply to live a 'life of balance'. 'Jesus remains the perfect example of the balanced life. Physician Luke relates how Christ increased in all essentials of life. His mind developed keenly and His body too,was not neglected.' 'We are to be like Jesus'
So, your saying even if by God’s grace, a Christian feels led to assume such as Paul’s NT pattern of examples, we should contend towards self-preservation instead?
2 Cor 1:4-9, 2 Cor 7:5, 2 Tim 2:12, Rom 8:17, 1 Cor 9:12, 1 Tim 1:16,

It is an interesting study, the differences between a fairly carefree life and those who by choice do choose to suffer need for assorted reasoning while being careful in that reasoning,

“, , we have renounced the things hidden because of shame, not walking in craftiness or adulterating the word of God, , we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken”
I Corinthians 4:2,8,9

It seems, you are admonishing against the thought.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So, your saying even if by God’s grace, a Christian feels led to assume such as Paul’s NT pattern of examples, we should contend towards self-preservation instead?
2 Cor 1:4-9, 2 Cor 7:5, 2 Tim 2:12, Rom 8:17, 1 Cor 9:12, 1 Tim 1:16,

It is an interesting study, the differences between a fairly carefree life and those who by choice do choose to suffer need for assorted reasoning while being careful in that reasoning,

“, , we have renounced the things hidden because of shame, not walking in craftiness or adulterating the word of God, , we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken”
I Corinthians 4:2,8,9

It seems, you are admonishing against the thought.
Certainly not 'rock' I agree with you and not pointing to self but a life lived for Christ.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'The Plateau of Intercession'. ''Talking to men for God is a great thing,"declared E M Bounds,"but talking to God for men is greater still". 'Intercession is placing emphasis on others,rather than pleading for ourselves' (Dick Eastman,'No easy Road')

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
'The Plateau of Intercession'. ''Talking to men for God is a great thing,"declared E M Bounds,"but talking to God for men is greater still". 'Intercession is placing emphasis on others,rather than pleading for ourselves' (Dick Eastman,'No easy Road')

This is profound.

Amen.

• Agree
Upvote 0