Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Ha. No dna after all in hobbit man. Interesting. Another claim I see, that Neanderthal dna was considerably older.

A quick search found this

"The fossils of H. floresiensis date to between about 100,000 and 60,000 years ago, and stone tools made by this species date to between about 190,000 and 50,000 years old."
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fossils/species/homo-floresiensis

"It stemmed from a Neanderthal female bone fragment found in a cave in the Altai mountains of Siberia from around 50,000–100,000 years ago"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal_genome_project
Heh.

Thanks Dad. I honestly was mistaken about the comparative dates. I'll so more trading about this.

But I'm now curious about something. I thought that your split happened only about 5 or 6 thousand years ago. Why do you believe in 30 to 100 thousand year old fossils?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Heh.

Thanks Dad. I honestly was mistaken about the comparative dates. I'll so more trading about this.

But I'm now curious about something. I thought that your split happened only about 5 or 6 thousand years ago. Why do you believe in 30 to 100 thousand year old fossils?
In so called science time it was 70 million years ago. In real time, maybe 42 or 4300 actual years ago. The way all things are dated is by using the current nature as the standard. All fossils of modern humans, (and DNA) I assume are after the nature change, as apparently, for some reason, in the former nature most animals and man and even plants could not leave fossilized remains at all. That is why they are not in the fossil record far as I can tell.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,429.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
In so called science time it was 70 million years ago. In real time, maybe 42 or 4300 actual years ago. The way all things are dated is by using the current nature as the standard. All fossils of modern humans, (and DNA) I assume are after the nature change, as apparently, for some reason, in the former nature most animals and man and even plants could not leave fossilized remains at all. That is why they are not in the fossil record far as I can tell.
What do you think about all the truly ancient fossils, like dinosaurs that have been completely replaced with minerals? No DNA there, but they clearly still exist.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
While Flores man may have lived on an island, one would think there would be some genetic link from modern pygmies tracing back. Why is there none?
Why would one think that? Oh, HI Theory!

One simple explanation would be that ancient man (in this case flores man?) did not have DNA at all as we know it today. If the nature was different, the forces and laws would result in life processes/DNA being different also.
Of course it's a simple explanation, it's easy to make things up.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What do you think about all the truly ancient fossils, like dinosaurs that have been completely replaced with minerals? No DNA there, but they clearly still exist.
Yes, of course. The thing is the ancient part is only something that misinformed science thinks. We probably ate dino omelettes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,369.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
My favourite is the Channel Islands mammoth - a dwarf species of mammoth that ended up smaller than a draught horse and went extinct not more than 11,000 years ago.
And that was despite the benefit of living in a Tax Haven!

• Haha
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Flores man and ancient DNA or lack thereof. Concentrate.
The DNA wasn't retained in the bones of the Flores man but was in the Neanderthals on account of different circumstances the bones experienced. The Neanderthal bones were cannibalized, removing moisture from them, and left in a dry, cold cave. It is this unique combination of factors that allowed the DNA to remain intact enough to be sequenced. Indonesia, where Flores man was found, is warm and humid as heck. Even if those bones were cannibalized, I don't think it would have been enough to preserve the DNA.

DNA is easily decomposed, so bones retaining sequenceable material is abnormal even for bodies 10,000 years old.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The DNA wasn't retained in the bones of the Flores man but was in the Neanderthals on account of different circumstances the bones experienced. The Neanderthal bones were cannibalized, removing moisture from them, and left in a dry, cold cave. It is this unique combination of factors that allowed the DNA to remain intact enough to be sequenced. Indonesia, where Flores man was found, is warm and humid as heck. Even if those bones were cannibalized, I don't think it would have been enough to preserve the DNA.

DNA is easily decomposed, so bones retaining sequenceable material is abnormal even for bodies 10,000 years old.
Or...they never had modern DNA. Who really knows? I see they claim the little guys just 99% 'couldn't have been' descended from homo erectus.

Upvote 0